Court allows Christian baker Jack Phillips to sue Colorado for anti-religious hostility

You can’t enforce arbitrary laws favoring behaviors/rituals/ideals over others.

You will see.

Yes, you've been predicting that the courts will start rolling back gay rights for how long now?

Frankly, if you last line of defense is "Cake Shops", you kind of already lost the war.
How did that retirement home thing work out for the lesbians re: civil rights act? https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-599c-929a-0fa6755a28f7/5c3fe3c00af81.pdf.pdf

It ain’t over. Best get to writing your representatives because THIS Court won’t be stealing power from Congress.

Good. The left has attempted to create an atmosphere where individual liberty is only respected if it follows the progressive narrative. Can't wait to see this suit shoved up their virtue signaling asses.
You are 100% right, but this whole incident is but one part of the goals of those who would rule the World.

Both Marxists Obama and Others encluding Hillary raised their arms covenanting to uphold the Constitution of the United States. Then they broke that solemn oath by following Saul Alinsky’s plan to des troy it (numbered below). 1. Healthcare - Control healthcare and you control the people 2. Poverty - Increase the poverty level as high as possible; poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live. 3. Debt - Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty. 4. Gun Control - Remove the ability of the citizens to defend themselves from the government. That way you are able to create a police state. 5. Welfare - Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income). 6. Education - Take control of what people read and listen to - take control of what children learn in school. 7. Religion - Remove the belief in God from the government and schools. Create hate for religion in general. In other words remove any mention of beleif in God from the Government. No mention of God will be tolerated. 8. Class Warfare - Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to tax the wealthy
upload_2019-1-27_11-33-31.jpeg

Good. I hope he wins. People should not be forced to do business with others against their wishes. Sadly, we are not seeing a major push to end public accommodation laws- just a bunch of little loopholes that only allow *certain* people the right to refuse.

The issue here is the definition of a "public accomodation." To progressives a PA is anytime money changes hands. In reality the meaning was really to cover areas of assembly and locations of point source commerce. Things like hotel rooms, movie theaters, restaurants, and retail stores.

I do think PA laws are allowable, but only when it comes to an actual Public Accommodation.

A good example would be a hotel with conference rooms. I would say PA laws would require them to rent their rooms out regardless of the person in question, but they would be able to pick and choose who can rent their conference rooms out for an event. That being said they could not deny entry of a person to said conference or event based on who the person was.

Confusing? Yes, but it allows the maximum amount of freedom for the maximum amount of people.

Just find another hotel. I am not sure why some businesses get more rights to refuse people they don’t want to accommodate, but others do not. There was a time for public accommodation laws in nation, but I think that time has passed. The free market will decide if businesses will rewarded or rejected for their practices. Easy peasy, George and Weezie.
You are right on the idea, but if you own a business and you have limitations on the services you will do. True in any business. Example: You run a gun shop and a strange person wants to buy 10k of ammo and 33 guns. Do you sell them or refuse. You have the right to refuse because this is something you don't do in your business because the purchase is suspicious. Most places will try to get your name and report it to the FBI, but what the FBI does with the info is in question. I refer to the 911 incident on flying lessons to one of the people who just wanted to fly and not land a plane. So the baker was right to refuse service do to his personal beliefs

I'm shocked someone is being taken to task for anti Christian bias. Not since imperial Rome have Christians
been the butt of prejudiced disregard like they are in modern day America.
Yes it is getting dangerous to be a Catholic 33 killed in the Asian area of the world by Muslims. ? Terrorist The Democrats look like they are Anti Catholic on the Knights of Columbus who are a bunch of do gooders. sp?

After become deeply habitual, nobody really thinks the behavior of drug addiction is a choice either. Nevertheless it remains a behavior others aren't forced to promote.

Drug use is harmful... being gay isn't...

Hey, guy, one more time... Please tell me how other being gay affects YOU personally. Not society, not children.

YOU!

It doesn't.

That's your interpretation, not his. Does he need to put something like, "Congratulations Adam and Steve" on it? And yes, it's a matter of nuance, because that gay couple can come into the store, buy anything they want, get baked goods for all kinds of parties, etc. There's just one activity the baker doesn't want to celebrate with them. He's not treating them like second class citizens, he's discriminating against the "wedding" itself. Should a Jewish deli owner be forced to provide his best sandwiches for a KKK rally if he knows that's what they're for? I say no.

Why do you guys keep coming up with ridiculous comparisons like the KKK or drug users.

If the baker doesn't want to sell products to gays, there's a simple solution to that for him.

View attachment 242406
The baker has no problem selling stuff to gays. He just won't customize or decorate it to promote something he doesn't believe in.

And he would sell them "just a cake", but that's not what they want. They want a celebratory gay "wedding" cake. Note that you are still unable to present evidence that he refuses to sell products to gay customers.

Don't have to. The fact he refused THIS request is proof enough.

The latest thing, where he was all okay with a pink cake with blue frosting until he found out it was for a trans person would also count as outright discrimination.

Being gay is a choice too. A habit perhaps, but began as a choice.

No, it isn't. Just because you are repressing your gay feelings didn't make it a choice. You're just repressed.

You’re not going to win CO declaring the cult of “chop your dick off & then you’re a girl” a protected dogma you know. The Court already warned about this. Brace yourself.

Which wasn't the issue here, but never mind. He agreed to make the case until he found out who it was for... which is discrimination.

You’re asking the Court to dissect what gay is & they are going to do that. You may not like the ripple effect of that request.

No, I asking the court to enforce the laws that the people of Colorado voted for....

You can't make the case that refusing to join an activity = "he won't sell products to gay people". You won't present evidence of such because you can't. So here we are. You made the accusation, can't back it up, and now claim you don't have to.

And he would sell them "just a cake", but that's not what they want. They want a celebratory gay "wedding" cake. Note that you are still unable to present evidence that he refuses to sell products to gay customers.

Don't have to. The fact he refused THIS request is proof enough.

The latest thing, where he was all okay with a pink cake with blue frosting until he found out it was for a trans person would also count as outright discrimination.

Being gay is a choice too. A habit perhaps, but began as a choice.

No, it isn't. Just because you are repressing your gay feelings didn't make it a choice. You're just repressed.

You’re not going to win CO declaring the cult of “chop your dick off & then you’re a girl” a protected dogma you know. The Court already warned about this. Brace yourself.

Which wasn't the issue here, but never mind. He agreed to make the case until he found out who it was for... which is discrimination.

You’re asking the Court to dissect what gay is & they are going to do that. You may not like the ripple effect of that request.

No, I asking the court to enforce the laws that the people of Colorado voted for....

You can't make the case that refusing to join an activity = "he won't sell products to gay people". You won't present evidence of such because you can't. So here we are. You made the accusation, can't back it up, and now claim you don't have to.
He does seem awfully quiet about that point.

How did that retirement home thing work out for the lesbians re: civil rights act? https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-599c-929a-0fa6755a28f7/5c3fe3c00af81.pdf.pdf

It ain’t over. Best get to writing your representatives because THIS Court won’t be stealing power from Congress.

That case involved a couple who had intentionally deceived the nursing home... so that won't fly.

Again, you guys are on the wrong side of history, and you'll look just as silly as these guys do today.

upload_2019-1-28_4-37-21.jpeg

The baker has no problem selling stuff to gays. He just won't customize or decorate it to promote something he doesn't believe in.

which nobody asked him to do, so that's fine.

Frankly, any work can be called a "Work of art" under that philosophy. I won't rent my apartment to a black person, I put a lot of work into remodelling it and Jesus says black skin is a curse from God. Don't disrespect my art, man!

How did that retirement home thing work out for the lesbians re: civil rights act? https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-599c-929a-0fa6755a28f7/5c3fe3c00af81.pdf.pdf It ain’t over. Best get to writing your representatives because THIS Court won’t be stealing power from Congress.
That case involved a couple who had intentionally deceived the nursing home... so that won't fly. ...Again, you guys are on the wrong side of history, and you'll look just as silly as these guys do

No, the conclusion wasn’t intentional deception. It was that sex behaviors aren’t a class covered under the Civil Rights Act.

which nobody asked him to do, so that's fine.

Frankly, any work can be called a "Work of art" under that philosophy. I won't rent my apartment to a black person, I put a lot of work into remodelling it and Jesus says black skin is a curse from God. Don't disrespect my art, man!
Actually they did and that is why he didn't do it.

Forum List

Back