Couples staying together because of poor economy

I have a family here that has dad, new wife, old wife and kids all living under the same roof! They even all come to school together for the kids conferences and programs and such.

Demi and Ashton live in your neighborhood? how cool is that :tongue:

Rayboy, please don't misunderstand I am not a proponent of Bush. However, do you really believe that this economy is all his? I am so sick of these lawmakers in the house and senate from both sides who have been there 10, 15, 20, 25 years fucking things up and then skirting under the radar and getting their local regions to reelect them. Don't take me wrong, each president has their share to answer for, but, let's look at the entire picture! If we as citizens are truly tired of this, then let's begin the change right there. Democrat, Republican, it matters not, kick their ass out. Clearly not all of them, but, a vast amount of them are also to blame.

I'm curious, how do you know how the Bush terms will be judged when impartial historians complete that task? Further, I understand we share mostly opinions here, but, is it possible based on your choice of pictures and sig quotes that you might be a tad partial and bias?

Second thought first, so what and you are not? Each of us sees the world in a particular way, some of us just see it more clearly and honestly.

Future historians of the right will see what they want to see but if we view him through what he did, we see an unnecessary war - an ideology that failed the economy, New Orleans, the health and well being of many Americans, and offered nothing that moved science or medicine ahead. Just yesterday I saw his interview blaming poor intelligence for his worst blunder - he obviously cannot even admit his own rash acts.

...This one hits home with our family as our son-in-law is stationed at El Paso....

My brother was stationed there, what a hot place that is. This has always been a problem in the military, when you sign on that is something everyone faces. How many received dear johns in basic or even later during overseas duty, how many cheated at the various clubs on base or fort. When your time comes you go, I agree it is a pain but that is what military life is about. How would you fix it?

how little you really know
LOL

Second thought first, so what and you are not? Each of us sees the world in a particular way, some of us just see it more clearly and honestly.

Future historians of the right will see what they want to see but if we view him through what he did, we see an unnecessary war - an ideology that failed the economy, New Orleans, the health and well being of many Americans, and offered nothing that moved science or medicine ahead. Just yesterday I saw his interview blaming poor intelligence for his worst blunder - he obviously cannot even admit his own rash acts.

I speak of future historians simply because they have not had to live any of it, fist. Second, obviously ones political leanings would effect their opinion, however, there are those who either can place those to the side successfully or there are those who simply do not have any party ties and can place personal views to the side and evaluate facts and only facts. Further, those in the future will have access to information which we do not have access to now. So I personally feel we get a better judgement from two generations down the road, as opposed to the current generation.

My brother was stationed there, what a hot place that is. This has always been a problem in the military, when you sign on that is something everyone faces. How many received dear johns in basic or even later during overseas duty, how many cheated at the various clubs on base or fort. When your time comes you go, I agree it is a pain but that is what military life is about. How would you fix it?

How would I fix it?

I'm not sure you can "fix" anything, the situations are what they are, it is up to the couple to fix or handle their situations. What I have noticed and what others have noticed is, the system needs to work better so the military couples have easier access to tools and help and a broader assortment to choose from. The system needs to be reworked to handle these needs better.

Rayboy, please don't misunderstand I am not a proponent of Bush. However, do you really believe that this economy is all his? I am so sick of these lawmakers in the house and senate from both sides who have been there 10, 15, 20, 25 years fucking things up and then skirting under the radar and getting their local regions to reelect them. Don't take me wrong, each president has their share to answer for, but, let's look at the entire picture! If we as citizens are truly tired of this, then let's begin the change right there. Democrat, Republican, it matters not, kick their ass out. Clearly not all of them, but, a vast amount of them are also to blame.

You are right. Both parties do not serve the interest of the American people. They serve the interest of money money yeah yeah. Why do politicians need money to win elections? It allows the monopoly in Washington a barrier of entry for real change.

Last edited:
You are right. Both parties do not serve the interest of the American people. They serve the interest of money money yeah yeah.

That is just the human trait. The people have allowed many of the politicians to serve for to long. Newest infomercials here basically are telling people, "Let us all feel good about ourselves and spend what we do not have." It ends with "be proud." Very sad.

Lycurgus,

I completely disagree that the future holds any more opportunity for understanding. What it has though is time and change, and often reinterpretation, but understanding is another issue. I have been looking at the reasons for the South's secession from the Union and find the same sort of discussion over Lincoln's motives and the war's cause. Many engage in a kind for euphemistic looking backward when backward is not up to their expectations.

He's The Worst Ever - washingtonpost.com
The Worst President in History? : Rolling Stone

There is one thing a military person can do to improve their living conditions and possibly marriage - be an officer not a grunt. lol

Is it all Bush's fault, no. But since he has been the captain of the ship for 8 years, he sure as hell gets most of the blame. You don't get the perks without the jerks.

I was also posting because this is just another sign of changing times.

I still remember when you didn't get divorced because of societal peer pressure, and most families had a mom and dad. Boy coming from a small town in the Midwest gave me some stereotypes that are long gone.

you get it every year when you file your taxes as married.

Well.......I guess that is one way that the conservatives can save marriage, by make it too expensive to get divorced, because, Lord knows that their previous ways of saving marriage (sex with hookers, sex in airport bathrooms, etc.) sure didn't help very much.

Well.......I guess that is one way that the conservatives can save marriage, by make it too expensive to get divorced, because, Lord knows that their previous ways of saving marriage (sex with hookers, sex in airport bathrooms, etc.) sure didn't help very much.

:ahole-1:

Lycurgus,

I completely disagree that the future holds any more opportunity for understanding. What it has though is time and change, and often reinterpretation, but understanding is another issue. I have been looking at the reasons for the South's secession from the Union and find the same sort of discussion over Lincoln's motives and the war's cause. Many engage in a kind for euphemistic looking backward when backward is not up to their expectations.

He's The Worst Ever - washingtonpost.com
The Worst President in History? : Rolling Stone

There is one thing a military person can do to improve their living conditions and possibly marriage - be an officer not a grunt. lol

Well that is what is so fun about this deal, we all don't agree.

Is it all Bush's fault, no. But since he has been the captain of the ship for 8 years, he sure as hell gets most of the blame. You don't get the perks without the jerks.

Oh I think Bush holds some of the blame and not just because he is captain of the ship. But, yes, too often the president, whomever they are get strapped with baggage they either did not create or really cannot control. Too often times we look past the house and senate.

Forum List

Back