Couple’s “Buy Black” Experiment Becomes Movement

THEIR ethnic community? So it's ok for them to racially segregate themselves? Shouldn't people that believe in racial equality support the American community in which they live? What they're doing is practicing racism, no matter how they try to justify it.
because that american community is doing so much to help them out.
maybe if you read the articles I posted you would understand what I am refering to.
Are you going to go into a poor black neighborhood to support the failing businesses? I highly doubt it. You guys talk about Rev. Wright but what did he say that was not un true?
YOu guys like to live in fantasy land where everything is equal and that white people are supporting black businesses.
Do you call people who live in chinatown who only shop at chinese businesses, only deal with chinese people, marry only other chinese people racist? This is how other ethnic groups survive and a lot of black people are not surviving.
If this what they have to do to make their community better than what is the problem. Really get over it, you are not being hurt by it.

These folks are not just trying to keep their dollars in their community. They are traveling good distances in some cases in order not to patronize "white" businesses. If they were simply trying to shop locally, I could respect that.
They live in an upper middle class neighborhood that is mostly white that will probably not miss their business. Their neighborhood is probably filled with corporate owned businesses.
This country is all about capitalism and networking, just now they want a piece of the pie. Every other ethnic group that came to the United States started out doing this, it is how they survived. The difference is there is a stigma with black people.

I think buy only black is a great idea,

any of you honkeys paying attention?

I am paying attention. But sorry not willing to buy into fuck all you want, have many babies you can't support and insist the taxpayers pay for it, because the white man made you do so... .

Wow that is the most racist statement I made in my whole entiire life, but then again you called me a hunkey, would you expect anythign else? Consdiering I never called you or your kind a ******. I am one stop above you.

Freaking racist. Focus on your own failures before you seek to discredit others.

then maybe white people should shop at a local business in a poor neighborhood instead of shopping at Walmart. White people shopping at large corporations that buy mostly from china and other third world countries does more damage to these small businesses than this group of black people shopping from black owned businesses.

why should i pay more for a product that i have to?

I don't give a rat's ass who owns a business. I shop where it is most convenient and where I can get the best deal period.

I thought the whole idea of equality was that it shouldn't matter what color you are.

imagine that.
my dad shop at a local grocery store even though they don't always have the best prices because he has shopped there for years, knows everyone who works there, and the Vice President was one of his frat brothers. He doesn't always shop there but he does a good amount of the time. It is about supporting your community.
And when your community is failing at larger number than any other community you try to something to help it out. When businesses start to do better everything else starts to do better.
Conservatives claim to care about small businesses but in your statements above along with other conservatives comments it is obvious you don't give rat ass about that business.
and maybe you should give a rat's ass who owns the business.

I happen to own a small business and people don't patronize my business because they are supporting the community. They patronize my business because we offer services and products that are reasonably priced and our customer service is second to none.

If I jacked up prices and treated my customers like crap, I would not be in business. Period.

maybe if you read the articles I posted you would understand what I am refering to.
Are you going to go into a poor black neighborhood to support the failing businesses? I highly doubt it. You guys talk about Rev. Wright but what did he say that was not un true?
YOu guys like to live in fantasy land where everything is equal and that white people are supporting black businesses.
Do you call people who live in chinatown who only shop at chinese businesses, only deal with chinese people, marry only other chinese people racist? This is how other ethnic groups survive and a lot of black people are not surviving.
If this what they have to do to make their community better than what is the problem. Really get over it, you are not being hurt by it.

These folks are not just trying to keep their dollars in their community. They are traveling good distances in some cases in order not to patronize "white" businesses. If they were simply trying to shop locally, I could respect that.

What are those white businesses that these blacks are not patronizing doing for these black people in order to want these people to keep coming back? Its a give and take thing, you can't call people racist when they don't give you their dollars and while you simultaneously are doing nothing for the community that contribute it.

read the article - wait, you posted it - where the couple could not replace the piece of jewelry for their daughter because they could find no BLACK merchant to offer such an item. they intentionally - racially - avoided buying the item from a white owned business where it was readily available. so, to answer your question, those white, or asian, or hispanic or Indian owned businesses would offer the items needed at a market price. what more would you expect of them?

Maybe in your small town, but here it's not a matter of "black and white". You go where you can afford to go, period. Yes, in downtown, you shop based on price and value, some are owned by blacks, but the best stores are owned by asians (go figure) so most of us shop in asian owned stores. How 'bout that?

You're missing the point here, Chinese who buy and get services from Chinese only are not considered as racists for not putting their dollars into the pockets of people who are not Chinese, when you even go to their restaurants some only hire their families and or other Chinese but hardly any other races of people, but no one calls them racist.
i see your point. if i perceive the business owner is racist, then i will not support him with my dollars. but then the vietnamese restaurant i visit only has vietnamese staff ... but they are so welcoming i believe that is not the result of racism. maybe, it is that they are willing to work for low wages and understand the tongue and the culture of the ethnic restaurant owner

From experience as well as testimony from other blacks who have shopped at Korean stores, the prices may be lower but the quality crappy and or the products are knock offs, so when it goes bad you'll almost always end up going back again and again, lower prices doesn't always means the best value and best quality.
not sure what point you are trying to make, here. i don't think you could expect the best goods at a low price point. that is an unreasonable expectation. so if the best goods are only available at a high price, should you really expect the merchants to stock them in a low income community? and if your answer is "yes", then there is the identifiable niche for the African-American business owner to succeed within by offering that category of goods. my guess is there is inadequate demand in the community for that high end inventory, which is why the existing merchants do not offer those high end goods. which takes us back to what is reasonable to expect. your position that quality goods should be sold for low prices is not a commercially viable one

I don't think I'm the hypocrite here! like I said,, all my life I've been taught racism in any form is wrong! well,, I'm getting edumacated.. today.. all righty.. :lol: btw,, I said nothing about the crime rate against white people.. show me where???

Thats pretty much exactly it: Racism is BAAAAD (unless it's racism against whites). The sad truth is that these goofy motherfuckers would HATE to see an actual concerted effort by whites to direct their commerce at whites only. Then, they'd be crying for more affirmative action. Clearly, until 20% of the population feels like 50% then anti-white racism is A-OK.

Seriously.. drop the rhetorical bullshit, you bitches, and start posting evidence. I want to see proof that whites are not only running black business out of town with a goddamn pitchfork but ALSO that we are all part of some alliance keeping blacks in poverty stricken ghettos ( you know, as opposed to soaring illigitimacy and the outright failure of family structures which has given us droopy drawer thug wannabes that have more interest in mag wheels than an education)
I want you to show where I said it is white people's fault for black people's poverty level.
and like I have said many times before do you ever think this is their solution to stop these poverty levels. It might not be the best solutions but at least they trying to do something and trying to solve the problem themselves. You keep posting reasons why they should have this campaign to buy black. You just keep missing the point.

I'm not missing a single point. YOU assume that racist commerce is some fucking panacea when, if reversed, you'd be screaming racism. Instead of focusing on the POVERTY DESPITE RACE you sit there and assume racism is an iclusive solution. It's not. But hey, stupid, ignorant people need someone to blame and white people are an acceptable modern scapegoat so.. enjoy your racism, i guess.

Hey! let's solve all of our problems with segregation! :cuckoo:

I don't think I'm the hypocrite here! like I said,, all my life I've been taught racism in any form is wrong! well,, I'm getting edumacated.. today.. all righty.. :lol: btw,, I said nothing about the crime rate against white people.. show me where???

Thats pretty much exactly it: Racism is BAAAAD (unless it's racism against whites). The sad truth is that these goofy motherfuckers would HATE to see an actual concerted effort by whites to direct their commerce at whites only. Then, they'd be crying for more affirmative action. Clearly, until 20% of the population feels like 50% then anti-white racism is A-OK.

Seriously.. drop the rhetorical bullshit, you bitches, and start posting evidence. I want to see proof that whites are not only running black business out of town with a goddamn pitchfork but ALSO that we are all part of some alliance keeping blacks in poverty stricken ghettos ( you know, as opposed to soaring illigitimacy and the outright failure of family structures which has given us droopy drawer thug wannabes that have more interest in mag wheels than an education)

Black entrepreneurs start more businesses, but fail at higher rate - Memphis Business Journal:

UC Santa Cruz - Social Sciences - News and Events - View News

African American-owned businesses are more likely to fail and less likely to expand than firms owned by whites and by other minorities. | Government > Government Support of Business from AllBusiness.com

Did you ever think this has nothing to do with race and they are just trying to help people from their ethnic community succeed. Once again they are trying to do something to solve the problem among their own ethnic group. Instead of ignoring the problems and letting them continue they are trying to do something about it.

Not a single one of those sources comes EVEN CLOSE to proving that whites herd their commerce to white business. Enjoy that giant fucking FAIL moment. :lol:

hey, it's cool.. the REST OF US, you know.. that pesky 80%, can go ahead and make the same concerted effort to patronize WHITE business! Turnabout is fair play, right? I mean, THEY ARE ONLY TRYING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR ECONOMIC STATUS, RIGHT??

of course not, you dumb bitch. I would post more but it looks like you've already had your ass handed to you on this laughable "evidence".

White people don't mostly support white owned businesses? How many non white businesses do you see in white neighborhoods? Do white neighborhoods allow a bunch of non-whites to open businesses in their neighborhoods? No they don't, so using your logic wouldn't that make whites racist? White people already buy from other whites, its not like they buying most of their goods and services non-whites.

I see a LOT of them. Hell, I WORK for a black owned company. I bet that blows your fucking reptilian mind, doesn't it. And yes, white neighborhoods don't BAN black businesses. Thats just asinine. But, PLEASE, go ahead and take 5 minutes away from your gay hating threads and post some evidence that, in fact, whites push black businesses out of their chambers of commerce, you dumb monkey.

Of couse whites buy from whites. So do blacks. So do whites buy from blacks. When you are 20% of the fucking population DONT EXPECT TO ENJOY 50% OF THE FUCKING COMMERCE.

Come on, you stupid motherfucker.. POST some of this big bad "oh my god a white guy didn't buy a beanpie" shit that seems to haunt your imagination.

Whites predominately buy from whites and don't venture into the areas where blacj businesses are owned, its a fact so get over it Shogun. In the days of segregation black owned businesses flourished for the obvious reason but they started failing after the perceived feeling of having overcame segregation era and most of that money that went to black businesses went to mostly white owned businesses, so buying black today as done by this couple is simply trying to pump money and support into black owned businesses.

In the Chinatowns across the country the people in those communities buy only from other Chinese and get their services from other Chinese but allow others who are not Chinese to come in and spend their money, nobody is calling them racist, in fact, idiots just like you who claim blacks cry about racism too much always ask why can't blacks be more like Asian immigrants who come in with perceivably nothing and achieve, well this is exactly how they achieve, by keeping the money in their communities.

If it's "a fact" then you shouldn't have ANY trouble providing evidence, eh ya goofy urban monkey? I'm not interested in your malcom x wannabe take on anything. Post some links or go cry yourself to sleep in the cotton field.

I mean, LOOK AT YOU defending segregation! "black ownded business thrived"?? :lol: what the fuck ever, dude. For real. if the black race is represented by your forum input there really is no wonder why it fails.

By all means, QUOTE me suggesting that racist asians are not racist, you dumb bastard. I look forward to showing you how ASSUMPTIONS don't equal evidence OR facts. But hey, blue eyed devils, instead of your own goddamn baby mamma culture, sure is keeping you down...

*yawn*

They live in an upper middle class neighborhood that is mostly white that will probably not miss their business. Their neighborhood is probably filled with corporate owned businesses.
This country is all about capitalism and networking, just now they want a piece of the pie. Every other ethnic group that came to the United States started out doing this, it is how they survived. The difference is there is a stigma with black people.

bullshit. The Difference is that you expect a racist double standard REGARDLESS of a color blind poverty level. do you think BLACKS are the only motherfuckers who are poor in ANY community? You think whtie people DONT live in the goddamn ghetto? Of course not.. To you, every white person lives in the suburbs and drinks evion water while taking the kids to tennis lessons. Tell me more about inherent racism, bitch.

oh, and ASSUMPTIONS about THEY who PROBABLY blah blah blah means two things: jack and shit. If this is the epitome of your cognitive function then you have no reason to blame anyone else on your own fucking failures.

bullshit. The Difference is that you expect a racist double standard REGARDLESS of a color blind poverty level. do you think BLACKS are the only motherfuckers who are poor in ANY community? You think whtie people DONT live in the goddamn ghetto? Of course not.. To you, every white person lives in the suburbs and drinks evion water while taking the kids to tennis lessons. Tell me more about inherent racism, bitch.

oh, and ASSUMPTIONS about THEY who PROBABLY blah blah blah means two things: jack and shit. If this is the epitome of your cognitive function then you have no reason to blame anyone else on your own fucking failures.
The people who started this live in Hyde Park the same neighborhood Obama lived in you fucking moron, an upper middle class to wealthy neighborhood where the majority of people are white. And maybe nothing is stopping you from doing the same thing these people are doing but your excuse is you might get mugged.
And please tell me where I have blamed anyone for anything that has happened to me you ass pirate. Maybe you should stop making assumptions about things you know nothing about. YOu know nothing about my life and what I have done.

Black entrepreneurs start more businesses, but fail at higher rate - Memphis Business Journal:

African American-owned businesses are more likely to fail and less likely to expand than firms owned by whites and by other minorities. | Government > Government Support of Business from AllBusiness.com

Did you ever think this has nothing to do with race and they are just trying to help people from their ethnic community succeed. Once again they are trying to do something to solve the problem among their own ethnic group. Instead of ignoring the problems and letting them continue they are trying to do something about it.

Not a single one of those sources comes EVEN CLOSE to proving that whites herd their commerce to white business. Enjoy that giant fucking FAIL moment. :lol:

hey, it's cool.. the REST OF US, you know.. that pesky 80%, can go ahead and make the same concerted effort to patronize WHITE business! Turnabout is fair play, right? I mean, THEY ARE ONLY TRYING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR ECONOMIC STATUS, RIGHT??

of course not, you dumb bitch. I would post more but it looks like you've already had your ass handed to you on this laughable "evidence".
I wasn't trying to show that white's are driving them out of business you fucking retard, I was showing the rate african american businesses fail. Show me where in that post I said white's are driving there businesses away?
HOw about you show me the large number where white's are using black owned businesses? ANd I don't have to start a campaign to shop from only white people, I already do because very few minorities own businesses in the area. I also work for a business in a poorer neighborhood so there goes that one, I have also lived in area called Dog town that is mostly poor white people. But hey you want to make any more assumptions about me so you can FAIL.

The people who started this live in Hyde Park the same neighborhood Obama lived in you fucking moron, an upper middle class to wealthy neighborhood where the majority of people are white. And maybe nothing is stopping you from doing the same thing these people are doing but your excuse is you might get mugged.
And please tell me where I have blamed anyone for anything that has happened to me you ass pirate. Maybe you should stop making assumptions about things you know nothing about. YOu know nothing about my life and what I have done.

It's fucking HILARIOUS to see you cry about assumptions when the sole content of your thread input is "white people this! white people that! White people blah blah blah!"

Again, what you think they PROBABLY do means two things, again, JACK AND SHIT. Until you start posting evidence beyond that laughable bullshit that summarily prompted a round of mudholes then your bullshit RACIST rhetoric and childish "poor me, look at me" tantrums just doesn't impress me.

which, im sure, we can blame on white people.

I wasn't trying to show that white's are driving them out of business you fucking retard, I was showing the rate african american businesses fail. Show me where in that post I said white's are driving there businesses away?
HOw about you show me the large number where white's are using black owned businesses? ANd I don't have to start a campaign to shop from only white people, I already do because very few minorities own businesses in the area. I also work for a business in a poorer neighborhood so there goes that one, I have also lived in area called Dog town that is mostly poor white people. But hey you want to make any more assumptions about me so you can FAIL.

Oh so BUSINESS FAILURE makes RACISM OK then, bitch?

ooooook.

:thup:

:rofl:

Again, it's pretty fucking clear why you missed the Night of Broken Glass reference. Again, you stupid ****, whites are not out saying, "well shit.. I liked Doc Martens but since the company is owned by a ****** i guess i'll have to go back to my beverly hills condo where white people make white shoes for white people". Only a dumb bitch hoping for an excuse for racism would try as hard as you are to validate the SOLE criteria of commerce being acceptable racism.

When you go somewhere and find yourself disregarding a better value because the guy who is selling it to you isn't the same color then don't lecture anyone else, hook. CLEARLY, poor white people don't count in the poverty line.. Apparently, that poverty shit is just a front that they put on while dining on caviar inside their fucking Frigidaire box home.

Stupid bitch. You'd set back race relations 100 fucking years with one fell swoop of your goddamn ignorance.

It's fucking HILARIOUS to see you cry about assumptions when the sole content of your thread input is "white people this! white people that! White people blah blah blah!"

Again, what you think they PROBABLY do means two things, again, JACK AND SHIT. Until you start posting evidence beyond that laughable bullshit that summarily prompted a round of mudholes then your bullshit RACIST rhetoric and childish "poor me, look at me" tantrums just doesn't impress me.

Starbucks Coffee - Hyde Park - Chicago, IL

Blockbuster Chicago | Yelp

and you can even rent an exotic car while you are there!

Chicago Exotic Car Rental - Luxury & Exotic Car Rental In Chicago and Hyde Park

Office Depot - Hyde Park - Chicago, IL

Borders Chicago | Yelp

Walgreens Chicago | Yelp

Wow! They sure have plenty of businesses owned by corporations in Hyde Park.

ooooook.

Again, it's pretty fucking clear why you missed the Night of Broken Glass reference. Again, you stupid ****, whites are not out saying, "well shit.. I liked Doc Martens but since the company is owned by a ****** i guess i'll have to go back to my beverly hills condo where white people make white shoes for white people". Only a dumb bitch hoping for an excuse for racism would try as hard as you are to validate the SOLE criteria of commerce being acceptable racism.

When you go somewhere and find yourself disregarding a better value because the guy who is selling it to you isn't the same color then don't lecture anyone else, hook. CLEARLY, poor white people don't count in the poverty line.. Apparently, that poverty shit is just a front that they put on while dining on caviar inside their fucking Frigidaire box home.

Stupid bitch. You'd set back race relations 100 fucking years with one fell swoop of your goddamn ignorance.
show me again where I said they are choosing to shop at only white owned businesses?
And who gives a shit about race relations when they are more important things to deal with than trying not to piss off white people. And obviously very little people are shopping at black owned business since they have the highest failure rate but hey maybe every business they open is not a good one either.
And I missed your reference because I was distracted by your lame attempts to insult me.
How about the way you talk and feel about women? You talk about them being racist when all you do on here is insult women left and right.
And like I said before if you want to help out white people who own businesses in poorer neighborhoods go right ahead. I don't think I ever said you shouldn't. oh! wait your weak ass might get mugged.:lol:

Last edited:

Borders Chicago | Yelp

Walgreens Chicago | Yelp

OH NOEZ!!! a corp owns a business! The HORROR! THE HORROR!

face it, bitch. If the sole criteria you are defending is race then YOU are the racist. Not walgreens.

Borders Chicago | Yelp

Walgreens Chicago | Yelp

... and this proves?

ooooook.

show me again where I said they are choosing to shop at only white owned businesses?
And who gives a shit about race relations when they are more important things to deal with than trying not to piss off white people. And obviously very little people are shopping at black owned business since they have the highest failure rate but hey maybe every business they open is not a good one either.
And I missed your reference because I was distracted by your lame attempts to insult me.
How about the way you talk and feel about women? You talk about them being racist when all you do on here is insult women left and right.
And like I said before if you want to help out white people who own businesses in poorer neighborhoods go right ahead. I don't think I ever said you shouldn't. oh! wait your weak ass might get mugged.:lol:

Apparently YOU don't care about invalidating segregation since YOU are the one insisting that filtering out commerce according to RACE is valid. If pissing off white people reacting to YOUR racism doesn't bother you then, again, enjoy the backlash you create for yourself. 80% of the fucking American population isn't trying to hear your bullshit validation of discrimination against white people.

Hey, I use applicable terminology. If you act like a stupid racist bitch then don't crai when I call you exactly that. Had you even ATTEMPTED to include poor white business then you wouldn't have to find yourself trying to validate racism AGAINST white business. Which, in fact, I mentioned numerous times already. This, bitch, is exactly what makes your posts nothing more than a giant batch of ignorance. Which, AGAIN, if this is reflective of your minority business shouldn't shock anyone when it fails.

bitch.

Forum List

Back