Couple’s “Buy Black” Experiment Becomes Movement

i think this type of movement divides us, along racial lines, rather than uniting us as a people

now, other things being equal, if given the choice between a minority owned business and a majority owned company, i will go with the minority owned establishment ... but then i tend to support the (presumed) underdog

i remember the days of seperate but equal. where the black businesses - serving the black community - thrived
but i also remember that was a time when the black public was not welcome shopping in the white establishments
i think this takes us backwards, where some of us have once been
i don't want to go back to that place

“It would be nice to see some real, hard data,” Price said. “Otherwise, it could just be an episode of ethnic cheerleading

400 years and no Walgreens might be related to 400 years and no Black Spelling Bee champ. American Blacks hate education and smart people (Jews, Asians)

No different than the German "Buy Caucasian" scheme back in the early days of nazi'ism.

Lord fucking knows that a 20% sample of the population doesn't REALLY want to rock a boat when it comes to commerce. Hell, how much of an economic impact can ghettos REALLY make?

i think this type of movement divides us, along racial lines, rather than uniting us as a people

now, other things being equal, if given the choice between a minority owned business and a majority owned company, i will go with the minority owned establishment ... but then i tend to support the (presumed) underdog

i remember the days of seperate but equal. where the black businesses - serving the black community - thrived
but i also remember that was a time when the black public was not welcome shopping in the white establishments
so instead of buying from a larger company or corporation they are buying and supporting local businesses and people who are not always thriving anymore is a bad thing?
We have a buy Local campaign here, I guess that is dividing us also.

If that larger company or corporation was owned by blacks , then blacks would buy from them.

so instead of buying from a larger company or corporation they are buying and supporting local businesses and people who are not always thriving anymore is a bad thing?
is it dividing you along racial lines?

No different than the German "Buy Caucasian" scheme back in the early days of nazi'ism.

Blacks are nazi's.

no they're not. But both groups have plenty of confused assholes.

We all know what we'd label someone shouting out to only buy from whites.. it's unfortunate that the OP doesn't have a broader perspective on this.

Last edited:

I live in a mostly white city with little amount 0f businesses owned by minorities. The people who started this movement live in a similar community and travel to poorer neighborhoods where their is more black people and less capitol to support their local businesses.
YOu guys bitch about afirmative action but when they do something to help themselves get ahead on their own you bitch also.
Immigrant populations due the same sort thing in larger cities, it is what keeps their businesses going. I would rather them buy from a black family who is stuggling to make their mortgage than a corporation that buys all their products from China.

I live in a mostly white city with little amount 0f businesses owned by minorities. The people who started this movement live in a similar community and travel to poorer neighborhoods where their is more black people and less capitol to support their local businesses.
YOu guys bitch about afirmative action but when they do something to help themselves get ahead on their own you bitch also.
Immigrant populations due the same sort thing in larger cities, it is what keeps their businesses going. I would rather them buy from a black family who is stuggling to make their mortgage than a corporation that buys all their products from China.

Americans SHOULD be Americans. Do you want to see white people directing their funds at white only businesses?

I live in a mostly white city with little amount 0f businesses owned by minorities.
that's my point. buying local is not divisive. buying - or refusing to be a customer - because of the race of the business owner, is
The people who started this movement live in a similar community and travel to poorer neighborhoods where their is more black people and less capitol to support their local businesses.
i support affirmative action. i believe it should be revised to eliminate racial identity as a criterion for eligibility and instead focus on economic characteristics, but i still support affirmative action. i am also a member of an ethnic minority. sharing that to show you that your brush paints too broadly
when it comes to networking - and we do tend to network with those who look and think like us - then i am not in disagreement. but when we refuse to patronize a business only because of the race of the owner, that is blatant racism

the potential blowback from a "buyblack" movement is that it "justifies" a similar "buywhite" movement ... i'm am guessing that would have the potential to harm some (but not all) black businesses. i strongly believe that many would call those who would buy only from white vendors "racists". why would we not also say that about those who would only buy from black owned businesses

I only buy stuff from stores owned by people that don't listen to rap "music"

I find it empowering

Hmmm! I never realized it was okay to be racist.. I shall henceforth make it a point to buy only white! live and learn..

Americans SHOULD be Americans. Do you want to see white people directing their funds at white only businesses?
most of us direct most of our funds to white owned businesses already.
Take where these people live in Chicago, Hyde Park which is a mostly white upper middle class neighborhood and there is a reason why it is mostly white. YOu go to the inner city in chicago or mostly black neighborhoods people are not always thriving and their children are turning to organized crimes because they cannot make any money in their family business because everyone else in the neighborhood also has no money. These are black people who are trying to stop the pattern. They have made it and now they are trying to help other also make it. So now maybe the kids who parents own these businesses can go to college instead of sale drugs or become a drug addicts.
Like I said people bitch when they drain government resources but when they start to do something so they don't have to be so dependent on the government people bitch also. They need to do something and if this is the way they have to than so be it.

Take where these people live in Chicago, Hyde Park which is a mostly white upper middle class neighborhood and there is a reason why it is mostly white. YOu go to the inner city in chicago or mostly black neighborhoods people are not always thriving and their children are turning to organized crimes because they cannot make any money in their family business because everyone else in the neighborhood also has no money. These are black people who are trying to stop the pattern. They have made it and now they are trying to help other also make it. So now maybe the kids who parents own these businesses can go to college instead of sale drugs or become a drug addicts.
Like I said people bitch when they drain government resources but when they start to do something so they don't have to be so dependent on the government people bitch also. They need to do something and if this is the way they have to than so be it.

that's fine.. nice to know though that now is the time to reverse our engines and say exclusive is fine,, inclusive is not,, live and learn..

I'd like to see a movement where blacks keep all there crime to themselfs too.

yea, white people are 80% of the population. go figure. AGAIN, do you want to see 80% of the population make a concerted effort to ONLY do business with other white people? I bet you don't.

Here's an idea.. stop blaming white people for black crack heads and take a gander at how much baby-dady bastards happen regardless of racism in commerce. If you would have limited your arguement to those of POVERTY rather than THOSE OF A PARTICULAR SKIN COLOR then I'd take a different stance.. but, since you want to validate racism then I guess turnabout is fairplay, eh? After all, you want to tell me what you'd call a bunch of white people who REFUSE, for economic reasons, to enter commerce with non-whites?

I think it's been pretty much nailed: the ONLY time it's not ok to be racist motherfuckers is if you are white.

Forum List

Back