County Stands Up To Illegals

Illegals COLLECT MORE in benefits - then THEY PAY IN TAXES

Let me say it one more time! Immigrants pay THE EXACT SAME SALES TAX, PROPERTY TAX AND CITY FEES AS ANY OTHER RESIDENT USING THE SAME SERVICES OR PURCHASING THE SAME GOODS. This is a concept you do not seem to grasp. Unless they are homeless they pay property tax, unless they don't eat they pay the sales tax, and unless they don't use any city services they pay city fees. They don't collect more benefits from the city then does any other residents. They don't get better sidewalks, better street lighting, they don't get better garbage and waste disposal, they don't get a better library or a better park, they don't get better roads, they don't get better 9-1-1 services and they pay the same amount as anyone else. They don't get to refuse to pay property tax unless they are homeless but if they are homeless and spend the night in a hotel their hotel bill will include property taxes, if they use a public pay phone part of that money goes to the city, if they use the hotel phones again a part of that money goes to the city, and if they have their own phones a part of that money goes to the city. You have this screwed up understanding of how city governments work and you think that illegals are somehow benefiting from city services while not paying city taxes but this isn't the case. It is true in the case of the state and federal governments but cities don't have to deal with their problems since that is their problem and not the problem of local cities. Our city taxes and fees are meant for city needs and not to subsidize the federal government in terms of enforcing federal laws. You might as well accept that. That is why I pay federal taxes. If they aren't going to do their jobs then they might as well give me a tax refund and I will give it to my community and then we can decide how we will use it and if we think it is important enough to use on enforcing federal immigration laws we will but until that happens cities aren't going to become mere agencies of the federal government whose resources and taxes are used by the federal government in order to save them money while harming city services and needs.

Another sob story form the liberla media

That isn't even a sad story. Some guy contracts aids and then someone trys to blame it on immigration. The real sad stories that aren't being told by the conservative media is ones like that of Kebin Reyes who was only 7 years old when ICE agents kidnapped him and detained him for 10 hours, refusing him counsel or to allow his father to call a family member to come to get him. It didn't matter to ICE that this boy was a U.S. citizen whose rights they were violating because they felt they had a right to violate this young boy's civil liberties. It is sad when you think about how traumatized this boy will be and how traumatized other children will be because of ICE agents who get off on kidnapping little children. Let's cut through all the stories about how idiotic illegal immigrants come to this country, violate the laws, get a disease and take it back to Mexico or wherever the hell these idiots come from and get to the core issue of the rights of American citizens which you want to ignore and which are routinely violated by ICE and by local officials who seek to require people of race or hispanic origin to meet higher burdens then those who are white.The only reason this boy who was an American citizen was kidnapped was because he was Hispanic. My heart goes out to him and his family and I wish them the best as they seek to overcome the trauma which was inflicted upon them. My heart also goes out to all the American citizens, especially children, who have been physically assaulted, and kidnapped by ICE agents.

sniff, im sure most illegal aliens file taxes on income. i mean, what better thing to do when hiding than to send out a letter to the government telling them you are illegally here. sniff, im sure the same people who broke the law to enter this country are going to risk getting deported to GIVE money to the government.

sniff, im sure most illegal aliens file taxes on income. i mean, what better thing to do when hiding than to send out a letter to the government telling them you are illegally here. sniff, im sure the same people who broke the law to enter this country are going to risk getting deported to GIVE money to the government.

How many times must I say this? Local city government is not funded by the income tax. Whether they pay it or not doesn't affect a city. It's physically impossible for illegal immigrants to not pay city taxes and fees if they live in a city. It's not possible to not pay the sales tax, property tax or city service fees if you purchase something in a city, live in the city, or use any city service. The moment they fail to pay property tax or city service fees is the moment they risk exposure as illegal immigrants because the City will come knocking on their doors demanding payment. And they won't be buying anything if they refuse to pay the sales tax. You can try to ignore this but I really don't give a damn that the federal government isn't receiving income tax from these people. If they have a problem with that they should enforce federal laws instead of trying to make cities deal with their problems. It is not the role of cities to fund the enforcement of federal laws. You can cry all you want about this because I understand that you are nothing more than a cry baby. :sad: Do you want me to cry because you are sniffing? I like to see it when conservatives huddle and cry like little babies. :eusa_hand:

NYT Paints Tearful Picture of Deported Illegal Immigrant
By Warner Todd Huston | July 18, 2007 - 09:34 ET
Last week, the New York Times ran an article feeling sorry for an illegal immigrant turned immigrant's "rights" activist who was discovered by a random immigration check on an Amtrak train and subsequently slated to be deported back to Chile, his homeland. The Times tried to massage readers into feeling bad for the man because he had been here since 1984 when he illegally crossed the Mexico/US border -- apparently the Times imagines that time bestows legality as opposed to obeying laws serving that purpose.

An axiom has resonated throughout the country that the NYT doesn't seem to grasp; "What part of illegal don't you understand?"

The Times sets up their story presenting their subject, Victor Toro, as some sort of pillar of the community. He has "meetings" and does community work for battered women. He has battled the government for immigrant's "rights." He's an all around important sort of fellow, you see.

Since the late 1980's, Toro has involved himself openly in many causes.

Mr. Toro and Ms. Ayress, both political activists, started Vamos a la Peña del Bronx in 1987, a storefront group that provided clothing and food for poor people, help with immigrants’ problems, shelter for battered women and health education for those who were H.I.V. positive.

In 1998, the group won an award and a $50,000 grant from Union Square Awards in Manhattan for community service. “We were looking for groups that were operating on pure passion but who had no economic resources,” said Iris Morales, director of the philanthropy.

All commendable activities, generally.

And here is the Time's excuse for being allowed to stay, ostensibly.

During more than two decades in the public eye, Mr. Toro was hiding his immigration status in plain sight, his lawyer said. Mr. Toro was arrested three times in the 1990s for nonviolent offenses: once for a political demonstration, a second time for a noise complaint, and a third for a building permit dispute.

Mr. Toro was never asked about his immigration status after his arrests, Mr. Moreno said. In addition, his home is opposite the 40th Precinct police station.

Unfortunately for him, though, he is still an illegal alien. One who scoffs at our laws. So, why should we feel so bad for him? He knew he was here illegally and, just because the nitwits and multicultralists in New York City never had the guts to bust him on it, doesn't mean he should be let off for his violation of the law. A crime is still a crime no matter how much time has passed since its commission.

The most offensive part of the NYT article on this lawbreaker, though, is the Times' attempt to equate US immigration laws to the despotic regime of Augusto Pinochet in Chile.

For Mr. Toro, 65, interactions with governments are filled with dread. When he was a left-wing political activist, General Pinochet’s regime tortured him after the coup that toppled Salvador Allende on Sept. 11, 1973, he said.

http://newsbusters.org/node/14179

I know this is a little off topic, but last year I was working with some teenage kids, and one of the brightest most exceptional children that I worked with was an illegal immigrant. Her parents had moved to the US from Mexico was she was 2, and she has been living here for practically her entire life. She is remarkably intelligent (nearly straight As in advanced classes), ambitious, and kind. I know that immigration policy cannot be made on the basis of individuals, but whatever immigration policy is eventually enacted, it would be a shame, for her and for the country, if she was forced to go back to Mexico.

All illeglas should be sent back and branded. That way if we catch them again. We can enact stiffer punsihments. It may not be the childs fault her parents came here illegaly but regaurdless they broke the law in coming here. The illegals should have no rights in our country period. No drivers licenses for them no schools no welfare. If they go to a hospital and its life threatening. Then you treat em and deport em. I say that we need to toughen up our borders. These clowns coming across are drug dealers,terrorists and are a threat to national security. If they want to come here then there are legal means in doing so period.

All illeglas should be sent back and branded. That way if we catch them again. We can enact stiffer punsihments. It may not be the childs fault her parents came here illegaly but regaurdless they broke the law in coming here. The illegals should have no rights in our country period. No drivers licenses for them no schools no welfare. If they go to a hospital and its life threatening. Then you treat em and deport em. I say that we need to toughen up our borders. These clowns coming across are drug dealers,terrorists and are a threat to national security. If they want to come here then there are legal means in doing so period.

Amen

Mayor Personally Hires Illegals for Village Work, Party Affiliation not Mentioned
By Warner Todd Huston | July 20, 2007 - 05:26 ET

Mayor George Darden, of Spring Valley, New York, is a Democrat who has been caught hiring illegal immigrants to work for his suburban village but you wouldn't know he is a Democrat by the coverage his story is getting. In fact, of the several stories thus far, not one even mentions his Party. But, an even bigger mystery is why this story isn't getting wider notice?

On the 17th this story of a Mayor of a New York city personally approaching illegal immigrants on street corners and hiring them to work for the village was first reported and it seems awfully shocking that an elected official would personally violate so many US immigration and work laws all at one time, yet no mention of the man's Party has surfaced. Additionally, we have not heard much from this story on a national level. How much do you imagine that the AP and other news sources would have hyped this story if this Mayor had been a Republican? And why has several days gone by with so few MSM outlets picking this story up? Perhaps that this Mayor isn't a Republican the national media finds it less than compelling?

In any case, here is the meat of the thing:

Darden spoke after The Journal News reported that Felix Sandoval, an undocumented day laborer from Guatemala, identified Darden as the man who hired him and several friends for demolition work.

"He came on Sunday in his suit," Sandoval said. "He came and he said to me, 'Do you work?' ... He gave me a paper with how much he was going to pay us" _ $10 an hour.

Asked if he was sure it was Darden, Sandoval said yes and produced one of the mayor's business cards from his wallet, the report said. The Journal News had first reported on Tuesday that illegal immigrants had been hired by the village for the project.

Seriously, imagine if this was a Republican Mayor?

SPRING VALLEY, N.Y. -- The mayor of a suburban village refused Thursday to address a report that he had personally recruited illegal immigrants for a public works project. He denied, however, that any such immigrants had been hired "intentionally and knowingly."

The AP's short report doesn't mention Darden is a Democrat, either.

The New York Journal News has a few stories and none of them mention the Mayor's Party affiliation, granted they are a local paper and people would presumably already know this Mayor's Party.

Spring Valley hires undocumented workers for project

Dept. of Labor will look into Spring Valley's hiring of illegal immigrants

But, I have yet to see this story on a wider release. This one seems a naturally topical story about immigration, their illegal working, taxes... any number of topics relevant to one of today's hot button issues. But, so far, little to nothing is seen on a larger scale release.

Don't you wonder why that is?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner...res-illegals-village-work-party-affiliation-n

Forum List

Back