County Stands Up To Illegals

Let me give it to you in these words: I am not going to pay local taxes and fees to enforce a federal law and lose out on a local sidewalk so my child can walk to school in safety so you don't have to pay as much in federal taxes to enforce a federal law. In my community there is a specific area where there is no sidewalk and children and people have to walk down the side of the street every day because it is near a school and church and yet you expect us to use our local resources to enforce a federal law. :badgrin: The list of sidewalk repairs and construction is lengthy by the way and we haven't even put a dent in it yet.

That is all the fact that matters. My local taxes and fees are intended to fund local needs and not enforcement of federal laws. You may not realize it but cities are not agencies of the federal government and our taxes are not going to be used to subsidize you or your family because your state or the federal government provides free social services to illegal immigrants who don't pay state or federal taxes. Take it up with your State and Federal officials in your State Legislature or the Congress.

There is no monetary incentive to cities to pay for the enforcement of federal laws because we lose nothing from having illegal immigrants in the city anymore than we do people who visit our community from England, Scotland, Germany, France, Russia or anywhere else. Illegals benefit our communites the same as tourists do. We don't lose anything from having illegals or visitors in our cities. Absolutely nothing! They can be renting an apartment or hotel room and we get property tax, they can buy food from the grocery store or a restaurant and we get sales tax or they could be paying for phonse services in their homes or as part of their hotel bills and we get 9-1-1 fees. So I really don't give a damn if you are upset that cities aren't using local revenues to subsidize the federal government be enforcing federal laws. I am outraged that the federal government isn't enforcing immigration laws and expect local communities to do so because it is outrageous because that is what I pay federal taxes for. If they aren't going to do their damn jobs than they can give us a damn refund or repeal the law since it makes no damn sense to have cities enforce it when we have other needs we can use our resources on such as city roads, city infrastructure, etc.

Illegals get more in services then they pay in taxes. They are a drain on the Federal, state, and local budgets

low-skill immigrant households pay less in taxes than do other households. On average, low-skill immigrant households paid only $10,573 in taxes in FY 2004. Thus, low-skill immigrant households received nearly three dollars in immediate benefits and services for each dollar in taxes paid.

A household's net fiscal deficit equals the cost of benefits and services received minus taxes paid. When the costs of direct and means-tested benefits, education, and population-based services are counted, the average low-skill household had a fiscal deficit of $19,588 (expenditures of $30,160 minus $10,573 in taxes).

At $19,588, the average annual fiscal deficit for low-skill immigrant households was nearly twice the amount of taxes paid. In order for the average low-skill household to be fiscally solvent (taxes paid equaling immediate benefits received), it would be necessary to eliminate Social Security and Medicare, all means-tested welfare, and to cut expenditures on public education roughly in half.

American families often are net tax payers during working age and net tax takers (benefits exceeding taxes) dur*ing retirement. This is not the case for low-skill immigrant households; in these households benefits substantially exceed taxes at every age level. Consequently, low-skill immigrant households impose substantial long-term costs on the U.S. taxpayer. Assuming an average adult life span of 60 years for each head of household, the average lifetime costs to the taxpayer will be nearly $1.2 million for each low-skill household for immediate benefits received minus all taxes paid.

As noted, in 2004, there were 4.5 million low-skill immigrant households. With an average net fiscal deficit of $19,588 per household, the total annual fiscal deficit for all of these households together equaled $89.1 billion (the deficit of $19,588 per household times 4.54 million low-skill immigrant households). Over the next ten years, the net cost (benefits minus taxes) to the taxpayer of low-skill immigrant households will approach $1 trillion.

Current immigrants (both legal and illegal) have very low education levels relative to the non-immigrant U.S. population. At least 50 percent and perhaps 60 percent of illegal immigrant adults lack a high school degree.[1] Among legal immigrants the situation is better, but a quarter still lack a high school diploma. Overall, a third of immigrant households are headed by individuals without a high school degree. By contrast, only 9 percent of non-immigrant adults lack a high school degree. The current immigrant population thus contains a disproportionate share of poorly educated individuals. These individuals will tend to have low wages, pay little in taxes, and receive above average levels of government benefits and services.

http://www.heritage.org/research/immigration/SR14es.cfm

liberals are the biggest idiots in the world. you can take 2 million immigrants per year from mexico, central and south america and it wouldnt do a thing. they fail to understand that population and population growth rates are two different things. you keep bringing people in but then they have more people each year born which means the percentage youd have to bring increases. so in the meantime, america becomes overcrowded and wrecked, turns into mexico, and south of the border they STILL have the same problems.

the short-sightedness of liberals is pathetic. if both sides want to fix the problem, they gotta fix all the countries from mexico down. because until the people south of us WANT to live where they are, they are always going to keep coming and coming. it's an easy thing to do. people against the illegal invasion have to stop supporting politicians who support unfair trade agreements, corrupt governments, and letting American companies go down and exploit these places while getting the benefits of being headquartered in America. The people who want amnesty and open borders have to get a clue and realize that it isn't possible to carry an entire continent and more on our backs without breaking it.

Eddie seemed to dry up and blow away after the link showing how much the illegals take from the system compared to how much they pay in to it

maybe he finally went to the doctor to get his mental illness cured.

if i were a shrink, i would walk around dnc events and hand out business cards.

Not all libs are bad

Attachments

• $square-large-forecast-back.gif
    $square-large-forecast-back.gif
    23.2 KB · Views: 52
Eddie seemed to dry up and blow away after the link showing how much the illegals take from the system compared to how much they pay in to it

Anyone who understands how property taxes work, how the sales tax works and how city fees work understands that loca income people pay more into the community than high income people who tend to use city resources to a greater degree and who receive a greater benefit but who pay less into the community. Simply put, they benefit from city roads more than someone who only uses them to get to and from work, to and from school and to and from local businesses. They also tend to use them for business needs and to make money. The only problem with that is that the income tax they pay doesn't benefit a community in anyway since communities aren't supported by the income tax. They then take their money and re-invest it in their own business, or spend it outside of the community. It is rare for them to pay any more into a community than a low income person does. In fact, because a low income person cannot afford to leave the community they tend to pay more into the city than do high income people who often use their money on vacations, and visits to families and friends and in other cities.

Let me break it down for you as much as I can. Illegal immigrants pay the same PROPERTY TAX UNLESS THEY ARE HOMELESS, THE SAME SALES TAX UNLESS THEY DON'T EAT, THE SAME CITY FEES UNLESS THEY DON'T DRINK WATER, USE A PHONE, OR ANY OTHER CITY SERVICE. Simply put, they pay the same taxes and fees that a visitor and a resident of the city pays. You got it. A person who visits the city for one day, two days, a month, a year or a decade pays the same amount into the city as anyone who resides in the city for the same amount of time. This is why city promote tourism and why they seek to get people to visit their city. They understand that city funds come from PROPERTY TAX EITHER PAID AS RENT OR AS A HOTEL BILL, SALES TAX FROM GOODS BOUGHT A LOCAL BUSINESSES, OR FROM CITY FEES FROM USING A CITY SERVICE SUCH AS A TELEPHONE EITHER IN THE FORM OF THEIR OWN PHONE OR AS PART OF A HOTEL BILL.

Anyone who understands how property taxes work, how the sales tax works and how city fees work understands that loca income people pay more into the community than high income people who tend to use city resources to a greater degree and who receive a greater benefit but who pay less into the community. Simply put, they benefit from city roads more than someone who only uses them to get to and from work, to and from school and to and from local businesses. They also tend to use them for business needs and to make money. The only problem with that is that the income tax they pay doesn't benefit a community in anyway since communities aren't supported by the income tax. They then take their money and re-invest it in their own business, or spend it outside of the community. It is rare for them to pay any more into a community than a low income person does. In fact, because a low income person cannot afford to leave the community they tend to pay more into the city than do high income people who often use their money on vacations, and visits to families and friends and in other cities.

Let me break it down for you as much as I can. Illegal immigrants pay the same PROPERTY TAX UNLESS THEY ARE HOMELESS, THE SAME SALES TAX UNLESS THEY DON'T EAT, THE SAME CITY FEES UNLESS THEY DON'T DRINK WATER, USE A PHONE, OR ANY OTHER CITY SERVICE. Simply put, they pay the same taxes and fees that a visitor and a resident of the city pays. You got it. A person who visits the city for one day, two days, a month, a year or a decade pays the same amount into the city as anyone who resides in the city for the same amount of time. This is why city promote tourism and why they seek to get people to visit their city. They understand that city funds come from PROPERTY TAX EITHER PAID AS RENT OR AS A HOTEL BILL, SALES TAX FROM GOODS BOUGHT A LOCAL BUSINESSES, OR FROM CITY FEES FROM USING A CITY SERVICE SUCH AS A TELEPHONE EITHER IN THE FORM OF THEIR OWN PHONE OR AS PART OF A HOTEL BILL.

Illegals get more in services then they pay for in taxes. They are a drain on our resources

It is a fact - learn to live with it

You may not want to deal with the facts you psychotic piece of shit but you need to seek some serious help and I am sure there are many Democratic pscychologists who would love to see you to help you overcome the disease that is conservatism.

You may not want to deal with the facts you psychotic piece of shit but you need to seek some serious help and I am sure there are many Democratic pscychologists who would love to see you to help you overcome the disease that is conservatism.

I would be handing out t-shirts

Attachments

• $Sunset.jpg
    $Sunset.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 27
Illegals get more in services then they pay for in taxes. They are a drain on our resources

It is a fact - learn to live with it

They don't get more in city services than they pay in city taxes and fees and that is a fact which you don't want to accept and you are hoping to pass the burden of enforcing federal laws on to cities so the federal government doesn't have to do their jobs and enforce federal laws. The fact reminds that any resident of the city pays about the same in city taxes and fees with the exception of higher income people who use and benefit from city services to a greater degree but who in turn contribute less to the city than do lower income people. It's a fact - learn to live with it. Or go read the writings of idiots like you who work for the Heritage Foundation.

They don't get more in city services than they pay in city taxes and fees and that is a fact which you don't want to accept and you are hoping to pass the burden of enforcing federal laws on to cities so the federal government doesn't have to do their jobs and enforce federal laws. The fact reminds that any resident of the city pays about the same in city taxes and fees with the exception of higher income people who use and benefit from city services to a greater degree but who in turn contribute less to the city than do lower income people. It's a fact - learn to live with it. Or go read the writings of idiots like you who work for the Heritage Foundation.

You ignored the link that proves otherwise

You ignored the link that proves otherwise

Not one thing in the link addressed cities and how they are funded and provide services. So thank you very much for your cut and paste which proved nothing other then that the Heritage Foundation is an amatuer organization who doesn't even have a basic understanding of economic principles and that you can cut and paste. I am well aware that city services don't include welfare or social services and that city resources are in fact funded primarly by low income individuals and families and that is why our city continues to promote low-skilled as well as high skilled jobs. Anyone with any basic understanding of the economic cycle understands that higher income individuals and families take their money out of the economic cycle of a community while for a low income individual or family this is nearly impossible. So why don't you continue to quote amatuer hacks who have no understanding of economic principles because I am done reading anything put out by rejects like you who work for the Heritage Foundation when there are more reliable sources such as the Economic Policy Institute.

Not one thing in the link addressed cities and how they are funded and provide services. So thank you very much for your cut and paste which proved nothing other then that the Heritage Foundation is an amatuer organization who doesn't even have a basic understanding of economic principles and that you can cut and paste. I am well aware that city services don't include welfare or social services and that city resources are in fact funded primarly by low income individuals and families and that is why our city continues to promote low-skilled as well as high skilled jobs. Anyone with any basic understanding of the economic cycle understands that higher income individuals and families take their money out of the economic cycle of a community while for a low income individual or family this is nearly impossible. So why don't you continue to quote amatuer hacks who have no understanding of economic principles because I am done reading anything put out by rejects like you who work for the Heritage Foundation when there are more reliable sources such as the Economic Policy Institute.

Facts are a foreign substance to you

Facts are a foreign substance to you

No, they are a foreign substance to you and to the people like you who work for the Heritage Foundation. After a simple reading of what they had to say on this I had to laugh my fucking ass off. For example, "Population-based services, which are government services made available to a general community, including police and fire protection, highways, sewers, food safety inspection, and parks. These first four categories can be termed "immediate benefits and services." Entry of legal or illegal immigrants into the U.S. will generally cause expenditures in these categories to rise."

This is the most idiotic statement anyone can make and it shows how limited of an economic understanding you people possess. A child could realize the idiocy of this statement after just a little thought. Anyone with even a decent understanding of economic principles would understand that with the increase in expenditures there comes an increase in revenues unless you argue from the point of view: THEY TAKE FROM THE SYSTEM BUT THEY DON'T LIVE IN THE SYSTEM.

I am well aware of how city governments work since I have been involved in them and know full well that population based services that a community provides are based on more than just taxes but also on fees and that these fees are associated with the service being provided hence the name "service fees" and when it comes to the tax structure of a community common sense tells you that illegal immigrants also pay into that system at an equal rate as any other low income person and at a greater rate than upper income people who tend to benefit from the service but who tend to take their sales taxes frm the community more than a lower income person would. I like facts but it is apparent you don't like them anymore then your representatives or people at the Heritage Foundation like them. I know you hate having to deal with facts but some people like them.

No, they are a foreign substance to you and to the people like you who work for the Heritage Foundation. After a simple reading of what they had to say on this I had to laugh my fucking ass off. For example, "Population-based services, which are government services made available to a general community, including police and fire protection, highways, sewers, food safety inspection, and parks. These first four categories can be termed "immediate benefits and services." Entry of legal or illegal immigrants into the U.S. will generally cause expenditures in these categories to rise."

This is the most idiotic statement anyone can make and it shows how limited of an economic understanding you people possess. Anyone with even a decent understanding of economic principles would understand that with the increase in expenditures there comes an increase in revenues unless you argue from the point of view: THEY TAKE FROM THE SYSTEM BUT THEY DON'T LIVE IN THE SYSTEM.

I am well aware of how city governments work since I have been involved in them and know full well that population based services that a community provides are based on more than just taxes but also on fees and that these fees are associated with the service being provided hence the name "service fees" and when it comes to the tax structure of a community common sense tells you that illegal immigrants also pay into that system at an equal rate as any other low income person and at a greater rate than upper income people who tend to benefit from the service but who tend to take their sales taxes frm the community more than a lower income person would. I like facts but it is apparent you don't like them anymore then your representatives or people at the Heritage Foundation like them. I know you hate having to deal with facts but some people like them.

Your ass has been blown out of the water - move on son

Your ass has been blown out of the water - move on son

I have served in government longer then your retarded ass has probably been alive and I think that MM can attest to how you are lacking in even a basic understanding of how our government works based on his experience in the Maine State Legislature as I am sure he worked with local city officials and administrators in his role. You can't even grasp a basic principle of economics instead you rely on the rantings of idiots who can't form evem am elementary understanding of how local economies work. Having worked on city budgets and been a part of the process where a budget is prepared for a city I can attest to the fact that Rector and Kim don't even have a basic understanding of a city's tax and fee structure and there understanding of city revenues or expenditures is very limited. It is shocking that two people who have no real background in economic policy or in how city governments operate could make such outrageous statements about how local governments operate. Their knowledge is lacking and I am shocked that you would accept what they say at face value when any person with even a basic knowledge of economic principles would understand how idiotic their claims are. They didn't even attempt to address the economic cycle of immigrants in their article nor did they even attempt to address the economic cycle of local communities instead they chose to make generalizations which are false on their face.

I have served in government longer then your retarded ass has probably been alive and I think that MM can attest to how you are lacking in even a basic understanding of how our government works based on his experience in the Maine State Legislature as I am sure he worked with local city officials and administrators in his role. You can't even grasp a basic principle of economics instead you rely on the rantings of idiots who can't form evem am elementary understanding of how local economies work. Having worked on city budgets and been a part of the process where a budget is prepared for a city I can attest to the fact that Rector and Kim don't even have a basic understanding of a city's tax and fee structure and there understanding of city revenues or expenditures is very limited. It is shocking that two people who have no real background in economic policy or in how city governments operate could make such outrageous statements about how local governments operate. Their knowledge is lacking and I am shocked that you would accept what they say at face value when any person with even a basic knowledge of economic principles would understand how idiotic their claims are. They didn't even attempt to address the economic cycle of immigrants in their article nor did they even attempt to address the economic cycle of local communities instead they chose to make generalizations which are false on their face.

Figures. A liberal nut working in goverment - what a shocker

Figures. A liberal nut working in goverment - what a shocker

It's actually less shocking then a psychotic conservative voting or becoming President of the United States as is the case with George W. Bush and with you. That you rely on a article by two people whose understanding of how local economies work is lacking to support your statement and don't even bother to look at the fact that theirs was an amatuer analysis of the effects of immigrants on the economy. The reason I don't take what comes out of the Heritage Foundation seriously is because I can find articles from the Economic Policy Institute and other reliable sources that agree with some of what they say and which go into more detail and are written by actual economists instead of someone who has an M.A. in Political Science and someone else who has an M.A. in Public Policy and who both work for a partisan think tank. If you think I am going to accept the idiotic statements of these two people as even being close to the facts when they contradict even a basic understanding of an "economic cycle" of a community then you are an idiot. I think I will rely more on my own personal experiences and that of those who have the ability to understand complex issues and who don't water them down to: "more immigrants mean more expenditures." I mean, I don't disagree with this claim but it might as well be "more residents mean more expenditures" and since no attempt was made to elaborate it clearly demonstrates a failure on the part of Kim and Rector to address the core issues instead preferring an amatuer analysis in the hope that people like you would accept what they say at face value.

It's actually less shocking then a psychotic conservative voting or becoming President of the United States as is the case with George W. Bush and with you. That you rely on a article by two people whose understanding of how local economies work is lacking to support your statement and don't even bother to look at the fact that they are wrong. That theirs was an amatuer analysis of the effects of immigrants on the economy. The reason I don't take what comes out of the Heritage Foundation seriously is because I can find articles from the Economic Policy Institute and other reliable sources that agree with some of what they say and which go into more detail and are written by actual economists instead of someone who has an M.A. in Political Science and someone else who has an M.A. in Public Policy and who both work for a partisan think tank. If you think I am going to accept the idiotic statements of these two people as even being close to the facts when they contradict even a basic understanding of an "economic cycle" of a community I think I will rely more on my own personal experiences and that of those who have the ability to understand complex issues and who don't water them down to: "more immigrants mean more expenditures." I mean, I don't disagree with this claim but it might as well be "more residents mean more expenditures" and since no attempt was made to elaborate it clearly demonstrates a failure on the part of Kim and Rector to address the core issues instead preferring an amatuer analysis in the hope that people like you would accept what they say at face value.

Illegals COLLECT MORE in benefits - then THEY PAY IN TAXES

Another sob story form the liberla media

Mexican Migrants Carry H.I.V. Home

By MARC LACEY
Published: July 17, 2007

PUEBLA, Mexico — Cres has spent almost half his 32 years working in the United States, in the fields of California and Texas and the factories of Chicago and New York. His wife and three children were with him some of the time. But he was alone for long spells, and it was during one of those periods that he figures he contracted H.I.V.

H.I.V. Cases in Mexico “I don’t know how or where or when I got it,” said Cres, who spoke on condition that he would be identified only by his nickname. He paused whenever his pregnant wife entered the darkened home, built with his paychecks from America. “I don’t have any idea who it was with. I don’t want to know. I just want to go ahead with my life.”

Migrant workers like him go to the United States with dreams of new prosperity, hoping to bring back dollars. But some are bringing back something else as well, H.I.V. and AIDS, which they are spreading in the rural parts of Mexico least prepared to handle the epidemic.

As sweeping proposals for immigration-law changes founder in the United States, the expanding AIDS crisis among the migrants is largely overlooked on both sides of the border. Particularly in Mexico, AIDS is still shrouded by stigma and denial. In the United States, it is often assumed that immigrants bring diseases into the country, not take them away.

But AIDS is spreading quickly in rural Mexican states with the highest migration rates to the United States, researchers say. The greatest risk of contracting AIDS that rural Mexican women face is in having sex with their migrant husbands, a new study found, a problem that is compounded by their husbands’ refusal to use condoms.

Research has shown that migrants have more sexual partners than those who stay at home. For women, life on the road brings risks of rape and sexual abuse. For many migrants, being displaced from their homes and families is a lonely experience, one that prompts them to form new relationships in the United States.

Adding to the problem, both Mexico’s northern and southern borders have become magnets for prostitutes and drug dealers, drawn by the flow of migrants north.

“Migration leads to conditions and experiences that increase risks,” said George Lemp, an epidemiologist who directs the University of California’s AIDS research program and is studying the spread of the disease among migrants. “Migrants are vulnerable. They are isolated. They are exposed to different sexual practices. They have language barriers to services and there is a lot of depression and loneliness and abuse.”

for the complete sob story

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/17/world/americas/17mexico.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

New Topics

Forum List

Back