County Stands Up To Illegals

red states rule

May 30, 2006
One county has passed the toughest anti immigrant laws in the nation - and the pro illegals are whining and crying

Prince William County moves against illegal immigrants

Manassas (Map, News) - The Prince William County board unanimously passed one of the nation’s toughest local resolutions on illegal immigration Tuesday before a sharply divided crowd of more than 250 people.

The resolution, however, was significantly scaled back from its original version to avoid legal hurdles, but it still moves the board toward denying county services to illegal immigrants and attempts to make it easier to deport illegal immigrants who break the law.

“Prince William County has really stepped up to the plate on this issue,” Chairman Corey Stewart said.

Earlier wording that would have denied illegal immigrants access to public education, in violation of rulings by the U.S. Supreme Court, was eliminated. The motion now directs the county to research what it can do to deny services to illegal immigrants instead of outright denying those services.
The proposal drew more than 115 comments from both critics and supporters. Supporters hailed the board for tackling an issue they said was costing taxpayers millions, leading to an increase in crime and a diminished quality of life. Critics said it as an illegal and racist measure that could lead to profiling against Hispanics and would prompt an immediate court challenge.

Board members said the proposal was designed only to curb illegal immigration in light of Congress’ failure to enact comprehensive reforms earlier this year.

One of the sharpest critics was Prince William County Police Chief Charlie Deane, who said the measure would increase perceptions of racism, leading to more gang activity and more crime, driving up enforcement costs and taxes.

The supervisors relaxed some of the language that raised Deane’s ire and congratulated the police department on its efforts to deport illegal immigrants accused of felonies.

for the complete article

http://www.examiner.com/a-822707~Pr...es_against_illegal_immigrants.html?cid=rel-v1

from the Washington Compost

Fear Seizes Pr. William Immigrants -- Legal and Not

By Nick Miroff
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, July 15, 2007; Page A01

Some cowered indoors, wary of police sweeps. Others said they'd leave for another county, or state -- anywhere that didn't seem as unwelcome as Prince William suddenly did. One father gave his sons copies of their green cards to carry to summer classes in elementary school, worried they'd be stopped and questioned.

Although the anti-illegal-immigrant measures approved last week in Prince William County were less severe than proposed originally, Hispanic residents there say a clasp of fear has gripped their community in recent days, as anxiety and confusion over the policies ripple through supermarkets, job sites, hair salons and living rooms.

"Everyone is scared to go outside," said Jorge Villarta, a Salvadoran immigrant who spoke in Spanish as he waited for his wife at the Salon Hispano beauty shop in Woodbridge, dropping his voice to a whisper. "They think the police will grab them, and they'll be deported," said Villarta, who added that he is a legal resident but still fears arrest.

Elsewhere across the region and beyond, Hispanic immigrants kept close tabs on events in Prince William this week, wondering whether other jurisdictions would follow suit. "A lot of our students think this [resolution] is one of many that are going to pass in our local cities and counties," said Amy White, director of the English as a Second Language program at Catholic Charities' Hogar Hispano program in Falls Church. Legal residents are worried about racial profiling, she added.

To date, Herndon, Manassas and Culpeper are the only jurisdictions in the Washington region to enact or consider policies targeting illegal immigrants, and none is as extensive as what Prince William is attempting.

The resolution approved unanimously by the Prince William Board of County Supervisors on Tuesday orders police officers to verify the residency status of anyone in custody whom they suspect to be an illegal immigrant. The resolution also seeks to block access to public services and benefits for illegal immigrants, claiming they are causing "economic hardship and lawlessness" in the county. The measures -- the toughest in Virginia -- apply to all illegal immigrants, but in Prince William that means mostly Hispanics.

Support for the measures among the county's non-Hispanic residents appeared to be broad, and county supervisors said their offices have been flooded by calls and e-mails backing the resolution. "This country is founded on the basis of laws," said Tom Brown, at a Borders bookstore on the Prince William Parkway. "Illegal means illegal."

for the complete article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/14/AR2007071401104.html?hpid=topnews

sniff, what is this country coming to when people who broke the law are scared to go outside? poor lawbreakers, the police are unfairly out to get them. sniff. im really sure the ones with green cards arent exaggerating. the police probably stop every mexican they see in their reign of terror sniff.

While the folks cheer - the liberal media whines

Tells you alot about the priorities of the liberal media

While the folks cheer - the liberal media whines

Tells you alot about the priorities of the liberal media
The Liberal Media is not always indicative of how liberals themselves feel. I know a ton of liberals who want illegals to be booted back to their country(ies).

I know this is a little off topic, but last year I was working with some teenage kids, and one of the brightest most exceptional children that I worked with was an illegal immigrant. Her parents had moved to the US from Mexico was she was 2, and she has been living here for practically her entire life. She is remarkably intelligent (nearly straight As in advanced classes), ambitious, and kind. I know that immigration policy cannot be made on the basis of individuals, but whatever immigration policy is eventually enacted, it would be a shame, for her and for the country, if she was forced to go back to Mexico.

I know this is a little off topic, but last year I was working with some teenage kids, and one of the brightest most exceptional children that I worked with was an illegal immigrant. Her parents had moved to the US from Mexico was she was 2, and she has been living here for practically her entire life. She is remarkably intelligent (nearly straight As in advanced classes), ambitious, and kind. I know that immigration policy cannot be made on the basis of individuals, but whatever immigration policy is eventually enacted, it would be a shame, for her and for the country, if she was forced to go back to Mexico.
Are you sure her parents aren't trying to become legal citizens? I've just never heard of an illegal who can speak English.

remind me that I owe you positive rep for this comment, im out of it right now, but send me a pm, and ill give some pos rep, the next time i can, this is brilliant, and obvious, that i wish everyone would get this.

:)

sniff, what is this country coming to when people who broke the law are scared to go outside? poor lawbreakers, the police are unfairly out to get them. sniff. im really sure the ones with green cards arent exaggerating. the police probably stop every mexican they see in their reign of terror sniff.

The Liberal Media is not always indicative of how liberals themselves feel. I know a ton of liberals who want illegals to be booted back to their country(ies).

That is true - but the liberal media is pretty well unanimous of their support of illegals

Supporters hailed the board for tackling an issue they said was costing taxpayers millions, leading to an increase in crime and a diminished quality of life.

I question how many of these people are against the Iraq war which is a war of choice and is costing us $10 billion every month? I wonder if they only use this argument when it benefits them....

I question how many of these people are against the Iraq war which is a war of choice and is costing us $10 billion every month? I wonder if they only use this argument when it benefits them....

One of the differences is the illegals are here illegally - they are breaking the law by being in the US

What does the Iraq war have to do with this topic?

The fear is held by those who are here lawfully and yet who fear being stopped, detained, harrassed and ultimately told: GIVE US YOUR PAPERS OR ELSE WE WILL ARREST YOU. Do you know what they will do? They will turn over their papers but some people will leave thinking, "my rights are being violated. Why was I stopped when someone else wasn't." Of course, you don't care about the rights of others because you are a bitch who violates the rights of others all the time as do your elected representatives which are losers just like you. If I was a Hispanic person and was stopped by police and they told me to give them identification or face arrest I would give them my middle finger and say: "fuck you and fuck those who you work for because I am an American citizen and will not give you any identification regardless of any law passee by pieces of shit like you and if you attempt to kidnap me I will defend myself with lethal force. Sniff, sniff, sniff..." If and when a legal citizen shoots and kills a police officer for attempted kidnapping they had better hope I am not on the jury because there won't be any conviction for self-defense.

The fear is held by those who are here lawfully and yet who fear being stopped, detained, harrassed and ultimately told: GIVE US YOUR PAPERS OR ELSE WE WILL ARREST YOU. Do you know what they will do? They will turn over their papers but some people will leave thinking, "my rights are being violated. Why was I stopped when someone else wasn't." Of course, you don't care about the rights of others because you are a bitch who violates the rights of others all the time as do your elected representatives which are losers just like you. If I was a Hispanic person and was stopped by police and they told me to give them identification or face arrest I would give them my middle finger and say: "fuck you and fuck those who you work for because I am an American citizen and will not give you any identification regardless of any law passee by pieces of shit like you and if you attempt to kidnap me I will defend myself with lethal force. Sniff, sniff, sniff..." If and when a legal citizen shoots and kills a police officer for attempted kidnapping they had better hope I am not on the jury because there won't be any conviction for self-defense.

What a lame excuse. The open borders crowd use the same talking points

One of the differences is the illegals are here illegally - they are breaking the law by being in the US

What does the Iraq war have to do with this topic?

It has everything to do with this topic. I don't care that you think there is a difference because you are wrong. The Iraq war is costing us $10 billion every month because of the opinions of people who think they have the right to take the lives of everyone just like they think they have the right to pass retarded laws like these imbeciles on the County Board. This is about freedom, liberty and our rights as people that you assholes routinely violate as do those of you who hold public office. This is what this issue is about and you can't say: What does the Iraq war have to do with this topic? Since it has everything to do with it. But I suspect you want to decide just like your elected representatives do what does and doesn't have to do with this topic but you don't decide bitch and neither do idiots like you who hold public office. You don't get to violate the rights of others by passing moronic laws anymore than a King has the right to violate the rights of others by passing moronic laws.

It has everything to do with this topic. I don't care that you think there is a difference because you are wrong. The Iraq war is costing us $10 billion every month because of the opinions of people who think they have the right to take the lives of everyone just like they think they have the right to pass retarded laws like these imbeciles on the County Board who I would have got up and started shouting, "GIVE ME LIBERTY FROM YOU AND YOUR NEIGHBORS WHO VOTED FOR YOU OR GIVE ME AND THOSE WHO AGREE. This is about freedom, liberty and our rights as people that you assholes routinely violate as do those of you who hold public office. This is what this issue is about and you can't say: What does the Iraq war have to do with this topic? Since it has everything to do with it. But I suspect you want to decide just like your elected representatives do what does and doesn't have to do with this topic but you don't decide bitch and neither do idiots like you who hold public office. You don't get to violate the rights of others by passing moronic laws anymore than a King has the right to violate the rights of others by passing moronic laws.

They are NOT citizens - they are illegals here illegally

What a lame excuse. The open borders crowd use the same talking points

Go fuck your representatives in their asses. I am not for open border asshole but you are a piece of shit who votes for pieces of shit like you. If and when you want to discuss this issuse in a serious manner let me know but until you do you can fuck the assholes who made this decision (i.e., idiots like you who run for office and are voted for by idiots like you)

Go fuck your representatives in their asses. I am not for open border asshole but you are a piece of shit who votes for pieces of shit like you. If and when you want to discuss this issuse in a serious manner let me know but until you do you can fuck the assholes who made this decision (i.e., idiots like you who run for office and are voted for by idiots like you)

Testy this morning? Or just another temper tantrum?

Forum List

Back