County makes English its official language

Agreed. The countries I live (have property) in have the same policy. Don't try to get a drivers license in Ingrish. Aint happenin.Sometimes they will provide a bilingual "interpreter" ....usually for old folks.
Move to murka-learn murkin !

Agreed. The countries I live (have property) in have the same policy. Don't try to get a drivers license in Ingrish. Aint happenin.Sometimes they will provide a bilingual "interpreter" ....usually for old folks.

Better yet, YOU stay the fuck out of America, you douchebag.

Official government documents and communications are available in and conducted by dozens of languages other than English.

Documents may be traslated, sure, but I'm talking about day-to-day business. I know of nowhere in American territory where that's done in any languages other than English and Spanish.

You can take a driver's test in dozens of languages, vote in dozens of languages, and in court whatever language you speak MUST be interpreted. These are the day-to-day functions of government.

Official government documents and communications are available in and conducted by dozens of languages other than English.

Documents may be traslated, sure, but I'm talking about day-to-day business. I know of nowhere in American territory where that's done in any languages other than English and Spanish.

You can take a driver's test in dozens of languages, vote in dozens of languages, and in court whatever language you speak MUST be interpreted. These are the day-to-day functions of government.

No they're not, they're accomodations for immigrants. I'm talking about the actual functioning of government.

:lol::lol::lol:.
I'm gone forever:clap2:. The point I was attempting to make (similar to the one on your head) is that migrants(fools) coming to murka, need to get an English grip to accomplish anything. YOU voted for that to not be the case.

No they're not, they're accomodations for immigrants. I'm talking about the actual functioning of government.

They are obviously official day-to-day functions of the US government and in no way exclusive to immigrants. There are a great many Americans who speak a first language other than English.

Even by the flimsy argument you are badly failing to support you exclude Chamorro, Samoan, and Hawaian.

Maybe you should talk about something else.

:lol::lol::lol:.
I'm gone forever.

Great. The next step is to shut the fuck up, douchebag.

They are obviously official day-to-day functions of the US government and in no way exclusive to immigrants. There are a great many Americans who speak a first language other than English.

Even by the flimsy argument you are badly failing to support you exclude Chamorro, Samoan, and Hawaian.

Maybe you should talk about something else.

Why? You're actually helping me make my case that English isn't the only American language. I was expecting high resistance, not help. Your examples are interesting, but I doubt they rise to same level as Spanish does in Puerto Rico, where it's the primary language of most of the populace.

And that hasn't changed, even in this "English Only" county. This "English Only" county will still provide voting materials in the languages required by the Department of Justice and they will still provide driver's tests in multiple languages. There was actually no real purpose with this "English Only" ordnance.

Making English the official language would have no bearing on such things as practiced by private citizens and businesses.

That would be infringing on the rights of American citizens, per the 14th amendment "equal protection" clause.
Ahh, so you are an attorney practicing Constitutional Law?
If what you claim were the case, every document, every road sign, in fact every government piece of paper would have to be printed in every language spoken or written here in the US.
In this case, "requirement" does not "infringe". Why? Because there is no Constitutional right to refuse to learn English. Nor is there a Constitutional right for a citizen or registered alien to be communicated with in their native language.
One of the foundations of our nation and most other nations is the establishment of a common language.
If this concept offends you, I guess you just have to be offended.
This is the United States. We speak English here.
If I move to France, I would learn to speak French...Get it?

Forum List

Back