County clerks invoke religious freedom to ignore law on same-sex marriage

People of faith? Nah. Just fake people of faith who use religion to hide their politics. The fake people of faith that have no problem persec

It appears kristians are the never ending only oppressed segment of society, according to them.

Your derision of people of faith is noted.
It appears kristians are the never ending only oppressed segment of society, according to them.

People of faith? Not even close. Most people the U.S. that claim to be Christian are not. They are kristian. They bear false witness every day of their lives, persecute others and then whine about being persecuted, and use religion to further their politics.

Its the fake faith that is derisible. And I do so at every opportunity.

According to you their faith is "fake". What it probably really means is they disagree with you, therefore you have to come up with petty rationalizations for hating them, as opposed to just being able to think "these people are wrong"
Your acting like a little oppressed flower again. No one hates them. Stop getting emotional and being a drama queen.

it seems I have someone obsessing over me. Thank you for the rent free space inside your empty head.
That wont stop me from mocking you. Stop being a drama queen.

People of faith? Not even close. Most people the U.S. that claim to be Christian are not. They are kristian. They bear false witness every day of their lives, persecute others and then whine about being persecuted, and use religion to further their politics.

According to you their faith is "fake". What it probably really means is they disagree with you, therefore you have to come up with petty rationalizations for hating them, as opposed to just being able to think "these people are wrong"
Its fake when it disagrees with their own bible and message from god not to judge people.

You don't get to decide how people follow their religion, and neither does the government.
I do get to call it fake when it becomes hypocritical.

Not your call, and not government's once you go past "calling them on it" to punishing them for it.

Progs need everyone to be just like them, its infantile actually.

Your acting like a little oppressed flower again. No one hates them. Stop getting emotional and being a drama queen.

it seems I have someone obsessing over me. Thank you for the rent free space inside your empty head.
That wont stop me from mocking you. Stop being a drama queen.

LOL.

Don't worry, they will find new victimhood. Some people just need to be special little oppressed flowers.

People of faith? Nah. Just fake people of faith who use religion to hide their politics. The fake people of faith that have no problem persec

Don't worry, they will find new victimhood. Some people just need to be special little oppressed flowers.

No its you who thinks in terms of 'hate'.

I know people of real faith and respect them. What we're seeing on a large scale the last few days are the conservative evangelicals that judge other people as if they are the judge.

Sorry, but the very book these people claim to follow SPECIFICALLY says, "Judge not, lest ye be judged".
They don't follow their own religion, they are fake.

See?

The spiritual work of mercy commands Christians to admonish the sinner. You not being religious wouldn't know that. You're cherry picking the Bible without knowing what it is saying

Its fake when it disagrees with their own bible and message from god not to judge people.

You don't get to decide how people follow their religion, and neither does the government.

Not your call, and not government's once you go past "calling them on it" to punishing them for it.

Yeah its my call. Those people are fake christians. See? I did it again.

And your opinion is worth just as much as your decency, which is worth about as much as the Drachma will be worth when Greece gets booted out of the Euro.

No its you who thinks in terms of 'hate'.

I know people of real faith and respect them. What we're seeing on a large scale the last few days are the conservative evangelicals that judge other people as if they are the judge.

Sorry, but the very book these people claim to follow SPECIFICALLY says, "Judge not, lest ye be judged".
They don't follow their own religion, they are fake.

See?

The spiritual work of mercy commands Christians to admonish the sinner. You not being religious wouldn't know that. You're cherry picking the Bible without knowing what it is saying
You can warn people all day. Doesnt mean you get to deny them anything. That also doesnt mean you get to warn them in the execution of your job. If you do you will be looking for a new job.

Good for the county clerks........ :thup:
i do have a certain respect for someone that will take an action based on strongly held personal beliefs that they know will badly for them.

those clerks, if they ever refuse a license to a same sex couple, will lose their jobs. they must know that.

i think they are wong and actly wrongly, but i have to admire the strength of their convictions
Are you kidding? If they lose their jobs, they will whine about persecution on FOX news and set up a GoFundMe acct.

The language of the 1st Amendment could not more clear.

And today I believe was the first time we have heard a presidential candidate use the words "by force".

For all things there is a breaking point.
you think the first amendment protects the clerks from issuing the licenses?

It guarantees the free expression of religion. They do not lose that guarantee over an arbitrary cultural decision by five, two of whom should have been recused.

That said, the clerks will likely acquiesce or be fired. But that will not be by a very long shot the end of it.
so you believe the first amendment gives a government employee the right to deny another citizen access to government services based on religious belief?

that's idiotic.

Try reading the words of my response and you'll know what I believe. Get the nurse to help you.

(Gawd, what is it with Lefties and non-comprehension?)
yes, i can read your words. you believe that a clerk's religious beliefs should allow him to deny government services to those he finds unacceptable.

it's an idiotic belief.

No, and you are either stupid, mentally retarded or otherwise cerebrally compromised.

No offense, merely an unbiased observation.

To your response, no, I do not believe that a clerk's religious beliefs should allow him to deny government services to those he finds unacceptable, nor did any of the words in my earlier responses say so.

And your opinion is worth just as much as your decency, which is worth about as much as the Drachma will be worth when Greece gets booted out of the Euro.
Youre being a drama queen again. :laugh:

If she does not issue a license to a gay couple then she should be fired.
It is not like she have to preform the actual ceremony.
Perhaps she should be moved to another office and put someone that will file the paperwork in there instead.

....and another church, episcopal, is going to preform marriages gays now

There are judges and captains to preform the vows as well.

miss davis does not own the clerics office, she is an employee. Her personal objections should not determine the legal requirements of the office. She can object on her own time, not the clerics office time.

you think the first amendment protects the clerks from issuing the licenses?

It guarantees the free expression of religion. They do not lose that guarantee over an arbitrary cultural decision by five, two of whom should have been recused.

That said, the clerks will likely acquiesce or be fired. But that will not be by a very long shot the end of it.
so you believe the first amendment gives a government employee the right to deny another citizen access to government services based on religious belief?

that's idiotic.

Try reading the words of my response and you'll know what I believe. Get the nurse to help you.

(Gawd, what is it with Lefties and non-comprehension?)
yes, i can read your words. you believe that a clerk's religious beliefs should allow him to deny government services to those he finds unacceptable.

it's an idiotic belief.

No, and you are either stupid, mentally retarded or otherwise cerebrally compromised.

No offense, merely an unbiased observation.

To your response, no, I do not believe that a clerk's religious beliefs should allow him to deny government services to those he finds unacceptable, nor did any of the words in my earlier responses say so.
so then you believe the clerk, regardless of their religious beliefs, is obligated to grant marriage licenses to same sex couples.

if that is in fact your belief, what protections do you believe the first amendment gives the clerks?

Youre being a drama queen again. :laugh:

Nope.

this is where this ruling is taking us. they believe now they can FORCE everyone to bow down to their demands.

Well kristians have always thought that, but it was never true. Even though kristians have done their best to try to make others bow down.

i do have a certain respect for someone that will take an action based on strongly held personal beliefs that they know will badly for them.

those clerks, if they ever refuse a license to a same sex couple, will lose their jobs. they must know that.

i think they are wong and actly wrongly, but i have to admire the strength of their convictions

Yes. It is very ISIS like.

Yes. It is very ISIS like.

Not even close. try again.

Whatever is tripping up gay marriage in various places right now, is simply temporary.

You won the right to wed, you are no longer empowered by victimhood, move along now or find something new to scream about.

Gay people will now demand that they can't be discriminated against when it comes to jobs and housing. Those INGRATES!!

Forum List

Back