Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Germany

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • other (desc)

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
I just can't believe the most popular beers in America are such utter crap.
I can. The bulk of America has pathetic taste in most everything.

sorry folks, it has to be germany.

in quality and diversity.
Although I disagree on quality, it's a valid choice IMO. Germany certainly has great beeer. Diversity? Nah. America has about a billion styles/flavors/etc of beer - much of it I don't care for, but American easily wins the "diversity" tag. In fact when I was in Germany I saw little beyond the standard lagers and such.

I can. The bulk of America has pathetic taste in most everything.

sorry folks, it has to be germany.

in quality and diversity.
Although I disagree on quality, it's a valid choice IMO. Germany certainly has great beeer. Diversity? Nah. America has about a billion styles/flavors/etc of beer - much of it I don't care for, but American easily wins the "diversity" tag. In fact when I was in Germany I saw little beyond the standard lagers and such.

yeah, well. you don't know many german beers then.

many of the bastardizations i saw in other countries like belgium, usa and england would not even pass as "beer" here.

leinenkugel sunset.

a wheat beer with orange lemonade.

cherry beer in belgium.

chocolate ale in london.

what the fuck.

Or maybe there aren't that many diff kinds to know. :cool: Honestly I can't say for sure, just pointing out what I found when I was there. On the other hand, I'd say you don't know many American beers, to say the least.

many of the bastardizations i saw in other countries like belgium, usa and england would not even pass as "beer" here.

leinenkugel sunset.

cherry beer in belgium.

chocolate ale in london.
Sounds pretty diverse to me. PS those all sound ridiculous and gross IMO (don't even get me started on "fruity beer") but it is diverse.

Or maybe there aren't that many diff kinds to know. :cool: Honestly I can't say for sure, just pointing out what I found when I was there. On the other hand, I'd say you don't know many American beers, to say the least.

leinenkugel sunset.

cherry beer in belgium.

chocolate ale in london.
Sounds pretty diverse to me. PS those all sound ridiculous and gross IMO (don't even get me started on "fruity beer") but it is diverse.

ok, i will give you diversity.

but i sample as many different beers as possible wherever i go.

so i got some insight into american diversity of beers.

the "beers" i cited were bad examples, which would not run under the "beer" denomination in germany. so i don't consider them diverse beers, but quite the bullshit.

I'd say, that it is common knowledge that Germany has best beer. At least that's what I hear.
In my youth I drank Krombacher (German), but only ice-cold. Beer never tasted me, ice-cold Krombacher you could drink.

If we eliminate the mass produced swill most Americans call beer, I would have to go with the American craft brew industry. The best beer I have had in the last two years has all come from small American breweries. Hell, I even found an IPA that was palatable...

Palatable? The best IPAs I've ever had were American (and I've had more than a few).

PS I'm surprised not one vote for Ireland so far. They do make some darn fine beer, although I think Guinness is overrated.

The only beer that Guinness manufacture is a product called "Black lager" which is only available in N.I, Guinness itself is not a beer but a porter or a stout.

China.

images

They are okay. Very refreshing and light.

Belgium and Germany have some extraordinary beers...but then so does America...I have had some outstanding beer at breweries.

However - the lionshare of American beer is bitter swill.

Micro-breweries have some pretty good beers. And surprisingly enough some American beers are getting better. I was surprised to learn that "BlueMoon" was made by Coors.

The two best are Czech Republic and Belgium. I'm not sure which I prefer, but these are definitely the best.

America's microbrews are great, but most of the macros are swill (I like Blue Moon and a couple others, but this is a general rule). I can't think of a great Canadian beer.

I simply can't favour any country in western Europe, but I will say that beer made in Belgium, Germany, Holland and France is far better than anything you'll find brewed in the UK or Ireland. The Europeans have been doing it for a long, long time and have perfected an almost perfect method. I'd challenge you to find me anyone in the UK that prefers lager brewed here over anything from the continent.

And before anyone here comes back at me with, 'oh, but what about English ale', let me say now that it's all a bit too hyped-up. People only really drink English ale to impress others (usually their girlfriend's parents - been there, done that) by gushing over all the supposedly subtle flavours, blah, blah, blah. It's often nothing special but will always leave you with a slightly metalic after taste. Even the Romans have been documented as declaring our beer/ale was shit.

The only beer that Guinness manufacture is a product called "Black lager" which is only available in N.I, Guinness itself is not a beer but a porter or a stout.
? Porters and stouts are beers. Maybe you mean "lager" vs "beer"-?

*pissed* My laptop's mouse pad is so sensitive it jumps me from screen to screen!

I haven't been exposed to many variations of beer. I favor Samuel Adams and Sierra Nevada because certain SAs and SNs have similar tastes... Kinda like a grapefruity base. I don't have a clue about the brewings of beer or of moonshine, regardless of being from WV. I do know the moonshine bought in stores are not comparable to what had been available years ago and if *I* can drink a fifth alone without chasers then they may need a bit more kick. :lol:

Good beer is VERY important to a country's entire population, even to those who stand staunchly against such.

Forum List

Back