Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • other (desc)

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

bill5

Jul 26, 2011
Keeping in mind all their beers (obviously we don't know them all but hopefully people voting have a good idea of at least most of the better-known ones) ie if a country produces 100 great beers but 1000 bad ones, they lose to one who produces 10 great beers and only 1 bad one, etc.

Last edited:
Micro-brews are the best. So I guess I am sort of screwing up the thread. My apologies.

Last edited:
ha - not at all, feel free to chime in. Just don't screw up the voting. ;)

IMO microbrews are overrated because a lot of people think like you do ie if it's "microbrew" it's great. phooey. Plenty of crap microbrews out there IMO.

Last edited:
When I was living in SE Asia, the weirdest thing happened. I was enjoying Dutch, Brit, Belgian, and Aussie beer from the local dispensary. (Muslim country, expats get beer) So, the very first time American 'Budweiser' shows up in the dispensary, it sells out! The goofy European expats think it is fasionable to drink American branded beer. They loved it...go figure.

In England, US beer is known as "making love in a canoe."

(translation: Fucking close to water)
:rolleyes: Only by ignorant fools or people who just time-warped in from 1970. America is one hell of a lot more than that Bud and Miller swill and much of it is darker and heavier than most English beer.

When I was living in SE Asia, the weirdest thing happened. I was enjoying Dutch, Brit, Belgian, and Aussie beer from the local dispensary. (Muslim country, expats get beer) So, the very first time American 'Budweiser' shows up in the dispensary, it sells out! The goofy European expats think it is fasionable to drink American branded beer. They loved it...go figure.
I hear Bud made in Germany is actually good beer, but can't say.

If we eliminate the mass produced swill most Americans call beer, I would have to go with the American craft brew industry. The best beer I have had in the last two years has all come from small American breweries. Hell, I even found an IPA that was palatable...

Belgium. It is absolutely outstanding.

Mapa-de-Belgica.jpg

BelgiumFlag.gif

collage1.jpg

And you have to drink it in Belgium. The Belgian beer here is nowhere near as good.

If we eliminate the mass produced swill most Americans call beer, I would have to go with the American craft brew industry. The best beer I have had in the last two years has all come from small American breweries. Hell, I even found an IPA that was palatable...

America has many great microbreweries. The mass produced beer is cooking beer, at best.

Palatable? The best IPAs I've ever had were American (and I've had more than a few).

PS I'm surprised not one vote for Ireland so far. They do make some darn fine beer, although I think Guinness is overrated.

Would the best beer be the one that tastes least like cow piss or the most like cow piss?

Belgium and Germany have some extraordinary beers...but then so does America...I have had some outstanding beer at breweries.

However - the lionshare of American beer is bitter swill.
I just can't believe the most popular beers in America are such utter crap.

Forum List

Back