Country/Western Music Fans Here?

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Are there any country/western music fans here? If so, who are your favorite artists? I particularly like George Strait, Shania Twain and Rascal Flats, but there's a ton of really good artists in country music that I like to listen to. I used to buy all of Alabama's stuff but haven't seen a new release for quite some time. Hear they only perform live now during the month of October at their theatre in Myrtle Beach. Anyone have any updated information on Alabama?

Kenny Chesney
Tim McGraw
Toby Keith
Phil Vasser
Rascal Flats

the list goes on and on...which is the best thing about the genre - there are amazing songs from SOO MANY artists. :)

All those you listed are great artists and bring credit to country music. (Both my married daughters like to look at Tim McGraw as well as hear him sing.) As hot as Toby Keith is right now, I was surprised he did not win any of the CMA awards.

Love country music, but mine are the oldies - Willie Nelson, Johnney Cash, Patsy Cline, etc. And I did see Merle Haggard in concert once - he was great!

I absolutely HATED country music until I got to Texas. Ya just gotta get in touch with that little hick we all have in us and let just sorta flow out of ya and yell weeeeee haaaaa and shit.

Joan said:
Love country music, but mine are the oldies - Willie Nelson, Johnney Cash, Patsy Cline, etc. And I did see Merle Haggard in concert once - he was great!
Not a big J Cash fan. Nothing like Nelson & Cline. I'd love to see Merle and I don't go to see many people. He just doesn't fit the GQ personna that the country stars are suppose to have now. I think he's among the "greats".

About all the live concerts we've attended have been country music artists. Merle Haggard performed in our town several years ago, and we went to see his show. That was when Bonnie Owens was still singing with his band but was no longer his wife. They put on a really good show. The concerts I have enjoyed the most were Conway Twitty and Glen Campbell. Twitty didn't talk much during his concerts--just sang--but he had great songs to sing! Glen Campbell can do it all; what a great entertainer. After his recent arrest and incarceration for DUI, does anyone know if he is back performing in Branson?

Angelblue:

I agree on Gretchen Wilson. She's great. I think the best thing about her is that you can get that edgy "Matalie Mains" sound without actually having to put up with.... Matalie Mains.

Adam's Apple said:
Are there any country/western music fans here? If so, who are your favorite artists? I particularly like George Strait, Shania Twain and Rascal Flats, but there's a ton of really good artists in country music that I like to listen to. I used to buy all of Alabama's stuff but haven't seen a new release for quite some time. Hear they only perform live now during the month of October at their theatre in Myrtle Beach. Anyone have any updated information on Alabama?

Garth
George Straight
Rascal Flatts
Brooks & Dunn
Reba
Dwight Yoakum
Randy Travis
Shania (WooHoo, dem Canadians know how to breed em!)
Colin Raye (Bubblegum, but the man can sing!)
Kenny Rogers (Favorite Song, Coward of the County)
Chris Ledoux (Favorite Song, This Cowboy's Hat)

And there are so many more....

gop_jeff said:
I just started liking country about a year ago. And I grew up in Texas! :D

Yeah, it took me a long time to appreciate the music. I was a Metal Head in HS and all we ever did is make fun of people that listened to Country music. I missed alot of good music over time..

no1tovote4 said:
Yeah, it took me a long time to appreciate the music. I was a Metal Head in HS and all we ever did is make fun of people that listened to Country music. I missed alot of good music over time..
Funny what growing up will do to you, huh?

no1tovote4 said:

Yeah, I've noticed that the older I get, the more I like country. Still not giving up on hard rock though!

Forum List

Back