Counting 'Every Vote' Especially those Illegally Cast

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Sound Politics: Speaking of Ron Sims

Freaking unreal!

April 24, 2009
SPEAKING OF RON SIMS
King County has now settled my public records lawsuit for $225,000, one of the largest settlements for public records violations in state history.

The lawsuit stemmed from my December 2004 request for a list of all voters who voted in the November 2004 election. The county did not satisfy my request in full until January 2007.

The documents that they eventually provided to me revealed that county election officials unlawfully counted hundreds of ineligible ballots in the 2004 election: a multiple of Christine Gregoire's 133-vote "margin of victory" over Dino Rossi in the contested gubernatorial race. Documentation of these illegal votes was withheld from discovery in the election contest trial and not released to me until months after the trial. Consequently, the trial was conducted in ignorance of these potentially outcome-changing illegal votes.

Additional documents that were released last month in discovery for my case confirmed that county officials both knew more about the illegal vote counting than they had previously acknowledged, and also knowingly withheld responsive documents from me during 2005 and 2006.

The exceptionally large (for records cases) settlement, which King County offered before trial, clearly recognizes the county's culpability in this matter.

King County Executive Ron Sims, who is ultimately responsible for any records violations under his administration, appears to be on track for confirmation as Deputy Secretary of HUD. Sims is also well known for the Yousoufian public records scandal.

Welcome Michelle Malkin and Instapundit readers!

(More to come)

Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at April 24, 2009 09:58 AM

Wow. I remember that election. Ron Sims sounds like the perfect Obamanom! Wait a second... I hope he hasn't paid his taxes. That would disqualify him for the job.

Wow. I remember that election. Ron Sims sounds like the perfect Obamanom! Wait a second... I hope he hasn't paid his taxes. That would disqualify him for the job.

Sounds like he'd fit in the the thugs:

Yousoufian v. Office of Ron Sims - Sunshine Review

Yousoufian v. Office of Ron Sims is a January 15, 2009 6-3 decision of the Washington State Supreme Court based on the Washington Public Records Act.

The state's high court ruled that a $124,000 fine paid by King County for what their decision referred to as "blatant violations of the state Public Records Act" wasn't enough of a fine. They sent the case back to Superior Court with a recommendation to increase the penalty.

The plaintiff in the case, Armen Yousoufian, sued the county in 1997 after it delayed the release of documents pertaining to the public financing of Qwest Field (Seahawks Stadium). In response to the ruling, he said the court's justices, have "at long, long last, given us a strong ruling in favor of public disclosure with some real teeth in it."[1]

Five of the court's nine justices found King County's actions so egregious as to warrant a fine at the "high end" of the act's penalty range. The decision also used the phrase "grossly negligent noncompliance with the Public Records Act" to refer to the conduct of the county during the events in question.
[edit]Background

In 1997, Yousoufian asked the office of County Executive Ron Sims for copies of studies pertaining to the impact of the proposed $300 million Seahawks stadium. County residents were about to vote on a referendum to pay for Qwest Field.

King County delayed release of the information for nearly four years, denying Yousoufian the information before the vote.

In its 2009 opinion, written by Richard Sanders, the court says, ""The unchallenged findings of fact demonstrate King County repeatedly deceived and misinformed Yousoufian for years."

[edit]Role of Ron Sims

The leader of King County during the time that the events in question transpired was Ron Sims, who on February 2, 2009 was nominated to serve as deputy secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.[2]....

Yep, corrupt democrats are becoming boring, they're a dime a dozen.........

This is a boring thread.

And my opinions are never wrong.

Case closed.

In other words, you're saying, "I'm a liberal, and I don't like it when you conservatives dredge up bad things about other liberals, and I have nothing to say in their defense."

OK... we already knew that.

You're dismissed.

Forum List

Back