Counting Change

Shattered said:
Good. Then I won't have to arm wrestle you for him.
:cof:

(You'd lose anyway - I'm stronger)

I got big guns..
is.php

dmp said:
For the last time Cashiers. When you give Paper and Coin back, FIRST drop the coins into the hand of the customers. Hold the coins in your palm so they can see, then slide the coins into THEIR palm. NOW place the paper money.

When you stack the coins on top of the paper money, the coins fall off, and onto the ground, when you make the transfer.
THANK YOU!!!!
This annoys the heck out of me too!

Doesn't it also piss you off when a cashier takes your receipt, and sloppily folds it completely around your credit card when she hands it back?

I hate that.

A) Ask me if I want the receipt with me, or in my bag.
B) If I want it with me, don't mangle it. Just hand it to me like you tore it off the machine.
C) If I say I want it in my bag, don't wrap it around my card, and throw everything in the bag. Give me my damned card back, and just slide my receipt in the bag.

/end rant

Shattered said:
Doesn't it also piss you off when a cashier takes your receipt, and sloppily folds it completely around your credit card when she hands it back?

I hate that.

A) Ask me if I want the receipt with me, or in my bag.
B) If I want it with me, don't mangle it. Just hand it to me like you tore it off the machine.
C) If I say I want it in my bag, don't wrap it around my card, and throw everything in the bag. Give me my damned card back, and just slide my receipt in the bag.

/end rant

Actually - I'm okay with that one. :(

dmp said:
Actually - I'm okay with that one. :(

I'm not. My credit cards get slid into slots in my wallet - mangled paper makes them harder to get in.

My receipts go in a totally seperate compartment of my purse, in case I need them later, and to compare with CC statements.

Ok, so I'm picky.

Shattered said:
I'm not. My credit cards get slid into slots in my wallet - mangled paper makes them harder to get in.

My receipts go in a totally seperate compartment of my purse, in case I need them later, and to compare with CC statements.

Ok, so I'm picky.

Type A anyone? :p:

See, collecting reciepts and junk - that's woman's work. I'd better hire somebody for that, eh?

:p:

dmp said:
Type A anyone? :p:

See, collecting reciepts and junk - that's woman's work. I'd better hire somebody for that, eh?

:p:

Wow. *pout*

Sure. Hire someone.

But, then what would you do with the receipts proving you paid them?

Shattered said:

Ok, so I'm picky.
I know what you mean. We use a debit card, and the debit card goes back into the slot, the receipt goes in the pocket with the checkbook, so I can write it in when I get home. Those silly cashiers.

When was the last time someone counted back your change after you made a purchase? Even something as simple as a burger at McDonald's? For those who never learn how to give change, McDonald's is most likely where they'll end up working.
Count change, really? LOL! They let kids use calculators in school now for the simplist math...They can't count change? Go figure:rolleyes:

Adam's Apple said:
Interesting. Not only are arithmetic skills not being learned, but neither is reading. We heard about some people who had to send their son to Sylvan Learning Center to learn to read after he had graduated from high school. He didn't have the reading skills necessary to enroll in college or hold a job. But back to the topic--arithmetic skills.

Facing Change
By Felice Cohen for Jewish World Review
March 8, 2006

When was the last time someone counted back your change after you made a purchase? Even something as simple as a burger at McDonald's? For those who never learn how to give change, McDonald's is most likely where they'll end up working.

Not too long ago, chances were if the total came to $7.05 and we handed over a $10 bill, a cashier would know instinctively to ask, "Got a nickel?" But today, handing over that nickel will most likely cause a cashier to ask a manager for help.

for full article:
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0306/felice030806.php3

Part of the reason for this is the new, liberal learning methods that schools are using with kids in kindergarten and first grade. The old way of simply learning the basics is being compromised by curricula that deemphasize simple arithmetic in exchange for "making the kid feel good." While it's true that kids need motivation, the traditional methods of teaching should not be forgotten.

dmp said:
For the last time Cashiers. When you give Paper and Coin back, FIRST drop the coins into the hand of the customers. Hold the coins in your palm so they can see, then slide the coins into THEIR palm. NOW place the paper money.

When you stack the coins on top of the paper money, the coins fall off, and onto the ground, when you make the transfer.

If only...

GotZoom said:
Pssst....got you to spank me..hee hee...

Perhaps...... *change back to "subject of thread" mode.

Here in the south there is a big thing about the customer handing the money/payment to the cashier vice putting it on the counter for them to pick up.

You see, it seems the "racially-sensitive" persons (african-americans) feel that when a white person, either a cashier or a customer, puts their money on the counter instead of into the african-americans hand, it is a snub because the white person doesn't want to "risk" touching the black person.

They never think that it is actually easier to count change while laying it on the counter than in your hand sometimes.

Back in the "good old days" suffering through a day at McD's at $3.25 an hour. A black lady came in on a hot day in August, ordered, and then proceeded to pull a sweaty bill out of her bra and tried to hand it to me.

me *gross* just looked at her until she dropped it on the counter, then I picked it up with my fingernails and dropped it into the drawer. She didn't say anything so I don't know if she thought I was racist or not, but there was no way I was gonna touch some sweaty bill that just came out of her bra. YUK YUK YUK

Forum List

Back