Counter intuitive fundraising numbers for RP

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Ron Paul Reaps Big Donations From Federal Workers (Video) - The Washington Post

Despite the fact that Ron Paul wants to dismantle great swaths of federal government, he is received more in donations from federal workers and contractors than any other Republican candidate. Much more in fact.

The talking head in the video writes this off to delusional thinking - that the federal workers don't really understand that cuts might threaten their jobs. I don't think that's the case. I think they see, everyday, the level of waste going on at the federal level. They know firsthand how badly the American taxpayer is getting screwed and prefer the only Republican who will actually do something about it.

Hmmm... no one seemed to notice (or perhaps just didn't care), but I'd like to point out it's not just another Ron Paul cheerleading thread. I think there's a genuinely interesting phenomenon at work here. Where you buy my explanation, or not, it does seem odd. I suppose it could be Democrats providing stealth support for Paul to undermine general GOP efforts, but that seems a stretch to me.

Add to this that military personnel give more to him than any other GOP candidate. I guess thats understandeable since they probably all want to come home.

Forum List

Back