COUNTDOWN to November 2010 Election

John Kasich has 4 point lead over Ted Strickland, Ohio Newspaper Organization poll finds | cleveland.com

Kasich-R, Strickland-D. Strickland is the incumbent and I know 4 points is not a lot, but I think he'll lose.

:eusa_pray:

Kasich is a good guy. In fact he was the architect of the balanced budget accomplished during the Clinton Administration He is definitely conservative but not a wingnut. Ohio could do a lot worse. I don't know much about Strickland other than he seems fairly moderate fiscally--he would have to be or Ohio would not tolerate him--but on other issues he seems to lean pretty far left.

John Kasich has 4 point lead over Ted Strickland, Ohio Newspaper Organization poll finds | cleveland.com

Kasich-R, Strickland-D. Strickland is the incumbent and I know 4 points is not a lot, but I think he'll lose.

:eusa_pray:

Kasich is a good guy. In fact he was the architect of the balanced budget accomplished during the Clinton Administration He is definitely conservative but not a wingnut. Ohio could do a lot worse. I don't know much about Strickland other than he seems fairly moderate fiscally--he would have to be or Ohio would not tolerate him--but on other issues he seems to lean pretty far left.

I vote my party line (Republican) unless a candidate drives me off. I don't have many concrete criticisms of Strickland but Ohio is in terrible shape. Time to go.

I think the Tparty loathes the Republicans a bit more than they do the Democrats. The Democrats are the adversary they can deal with, the Republicans are the sell out who has hurt them badly.

Tparty loathes republicans???

I guess that is why they endorse republican candidates.

I think the Tparty loathes the Republicans a bit more than they do the Democrats. The Democrats are the adversary they can deal with, the Republicans are the sell out who has hurt them badly.

Tparty loathes republicans???

I guess that is why they endorse republican candidates.

The Tea Partiers endorse conservative candidates. They oppose liberal Republicans and liberals of all other stripes.

But since the candidates they support are generally ONLY welcome in the Republican Party, most of the candidates they support are Republican.

It's a fine distincition but necessary for accuracy.

Three weeks to go.

Three more weeks of campaigning and no doubt we will be seeing even more ugly ads and 'exposes'. The question remains, is there an "October surprise" in the works? If so, it will probably be within the next week or 10 days to get as much mileage out of it as possible but not enough time for people to forget about it.

The headlines on Drudge this morning may be a factor as well as any one of these could sway some votes:

Dollar continues plunge as 'currency war' concerns linger...
Putin Selling First EURO Bonds...
China Reserves May Hit $2.5 Trillion...
Regulators planning worldwide rules for large firms...
420 banks demand 1-world currency...
Fed Expected to Resume Buying Assets...
MORE Money Printing...
GREEN ECONOMY: Congressional Staffers Gain From Trading in Stocks...
WSJ: Dem unleash IRS and Justice on donors to political opponents....
GOP Leaders Slam Obama Over Foreign Contributions 'Lie'...
FLASHBACK: Obama Accepting Untraceable Donations...
Dem attack ad sets 'new low for mud'...
GORE VIDAL: America headed for 'dictatorship'...
HALPERIN: 'White House in over its head, isolated, insular, arrogant and clueless'...
NY, NY: Paladino says kids shouldn't be 'brainwashed' into thinking homosexuality is OK...
Says he'd hire gays...
Cuomo Slams...
CROUCH: Obama sends 'dangerous' message to young people -- with his choice of music...
BACKSTAGE: Actors Recruited For MTV Obama Town Hall; 'Casting Call'...
Greek Health System Opts for Amputation as Money-Saver...
No Cost of Living Raise for Social Security in 2011...
Muslim 'superheroes' coming to kids TV...

And even this could swing a vote or two:
Oct 10, 3:00 PM (ET)

WASHINGTON (AP) - A top White House adviser says President Barack Obama and the leading House Republican would be good role models if both quit smoking, but he's leaving hazy whether the two would work together on such a campaign.

Asked about such an effort Sunday on CBS's "Face the Nation," White House aide David Axelrod said the administration wants to work constructively with Republicans on any issue. But he refused to commit Obama to joining with House Minority Leader John Boehner to give up cigarettes.

Instead, Axelrod suggested that Democrats are doing more than Republicans to rein in the tobacco industry.

Last month on CBS, moderator Bob Schieffer asked Boehner about quitting smoking with Obama. The Ohio Republican simply said that he appreciated the suggestion.
My Way News - Obama quit cigarettes? White House blows smoke

And Rasmussen's headlines today are also likely to be a factor in how many folks vote three weeks from tomorrow:

Most Voters Say Government Encourages Illegal Immigration
Most Voters Continue to Favor Repeal of Health Care Law, Expect Costs To Rise
Consumer, Investor Confidence Continue to Fall After Friday's Unemployment Report
Most Americans Say Government Has Too Much Power Over Economy
32% Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction
35% Give Supreme Court Positive Ratings
Generic Congressional Ballot: Republicans 45%, Democrats 42%
For Second Straight Month, Number of Democrats in U.S. Falls to Record Low
Economy, Health Care, Government Ethics and Corruption Remain Top Issues
Pelosi Remains Least Liked Congressional Leader
Most Voters Still See Finding New Energy Sources As More Important Than Conservation
Senate Balance of Power: Dems 48 GOP 48 Toss-Ups 4
Governor Scorecard: GOP 28 Dems 15 Toss-Ups 7

A few months ago i would have said that Republicans winning the Senate back was virtually impossible. However i'm beginning to think different now. The Republicans may actually have a chance of winning the Senate back. Man things can change so quickly. I guess that's what's so great about politics. Get out and vote people. These coming Elections are incredibly important.

A few months ago i would have said that Republicans winning the Senate back was virtually impossible. However i'm beginning to think different now. The Republicans may actually have a chance of winning the Senate back. Man things can change so quickly. I guess that's what's so great about politics. Get out and vote people. These coming Elections are incredibly important.

Vote Republican now, guarantee Obama's re-election in 2012. You KNOW they can't hide the crazy that long. :cool:

The election is two weeks from today.

I'm still seeing some positive trends to end the current tax and spend agenda IF we elect decent representatives to replace the current crop of opportunists in Washington. (I can't say HERE in Washington, even though I'm here today, because they all left town two weeks ago and won't return until mid November. Then they'll have about five working days until an extended Thanksgiving vacation.

That leaves a short period in December to finish complicated legislation in the works to pass a budget and initial necessary appropriations bills, deal with the Bush tax cuts IF they choose to deal with that, and tie up some other loose ends before the first of the year.

They can do a lot of damage though in those few weeks. And of coursee some races are tightening up and it's not a done deal that the current leadership will be tossed out.

Any predicitons?

Looks like the Rep. are going to be the big winners, since Obama keeps fumbling the ball.

Looks like the Rep. are going to be the big winners, since Obama keeps fumbling the ball.

Do you really think Obama is a factor? Seems like most of the Democrats are avoiding him like the plague. Most don't want him to campaign with them. They don't mention him in their campaign spiels. For that matter, most aren't mentioning much of what has happened the last two years. They're still trying to dig up or make up dirt on the Republicans and blame Bush. :)

Do you really think Obama is a factor? Seems like most of the Democrats are avoiding him like the plague. Most don't want him to campaign with them. They don't mention him in their campaign spiels. For that matter, most aren't mentioning much of what has happened the last two years. They're still trying to dig up or make up dirt on the Republicans and blame Bush. :)

After being in charge for two years the blame now goes to the one in office.

Not if you are one who supported him. In the election of 2008, all somebody had to do was be photographed beside a cardboard cutout of a smiling Barack Obama and he or she would be elected. The rats are abandoning that ship like crazy unless they are lucky enough to represent a district that is totally brainwashed and totally clueless. In those few districts the people really do believe Obama sits up nights cutting their welfare or subsidy checks and will elevate them to wealth and prosperity any day now.

And they really do believe the propaganda that it is evil Republicans who have thus far prevented that.

Hell, most think the Republicans are still in charge in Congress. :)

But even though he is now a Pariah, the Democrats won't accuse Obama of anything.

Last edited:

Not if you are one who supported him. In the election of 2008, all somebody had to do was be photographed beside a cardboard cutout of a smiling Barack Obama and he or she would be elected. The rats are abandoning that ship like crazy unless they are lucky enough to represent a district that is totally brainwashed and totally clueless. In those few districts the people really do believe Obama sits up nights cutting their welfare or subsidy checks and will elevate them to wealth and prosperity any day now.

And they really do believe the propaganda that it is evil Republicans who have thus far prevented that.

Hell, most think the Republicans are still in charge in Congress. :)

But even though he is now a Pariah, the Democrats won't accuse Obama of anything.

The youth started a joke and he got elected but who's the joke on now, "America".

They're just being the cowardly bunch they've always been to scared to pull from the pack.

Last edited:
We have become a beaten & demoralized Nation with no direction. These days really do look like the miserable days of Jimmy Carter's disastrous reign in the 70's. Our Borders wide open,Staggering Unemployment,Record Poverty,Debt beyond our wildest imagination,Losing the Afghan War,Our President declaring War on his fellow Americans on a daily basis,and just an overall feeling of hopelessness & despair. The Democrats need to be shown the door in November. I just hope & pray this happens. Personally i can't wait to vote them out.

Last edited:
We have become a beaten & demoralized Nation with no direction. These days really do look like the miserable days of Jimmy Carter's disastrous reign in the 70's. Our Borders wide open,Staggering Unemployment,Record Poverty,Debt beyond our wildest imagination,Losing the Afghan War,Our President declaring War on his fellow Americans on a daily basis,and just an overall feeling of hopelessness & despair. The Democrats need to be shown the door in November. I just hope & pray this happens. Personally i can't wait to vote them out.

Well there is more than one way to look at it. The blame Bush game worked well for Obama for the first year and blame Republicans in general kept him going for awhile longer. But gleaned from my e-mail this past week were these observations:

In two short years, Barack Hussein Obama has accomplished the following:

1. Obama destroyed the Clinton Political Machine, driving a stake through the heart of Hillary's presidential aspirations - something no Republican was ever able to do.

2. Obama killed off the Kennedy Dynasty - no more Kennedys trolling Washington looking for booze and women wanting rides home.

3. Obama is destroying the Democratic Party before our eyes! In 2008 the Democratic Party was riding high and on the rise. The press was solemnly proclaiming the death of the Conservative Movement and the Republican Party. Dennis Moore had never lost a race. Evan Bayh had never lost a race. Byron Dorgan had never lost a race. Harry Reid - soon to be GONE! These are just a handful of the Democrats whose political careers Obama has destroyed. Almost singlehandedly Obama will probably give the House - if not the Senate - back to the most conservative group of Republicans we have seen for some time.

4. Obama has completely exposed liberals and progressives for what they are. Sadly, every generation seems to need to re-learn the lesson on why they should never actually put liberals in charge. Obama is bringing home the lesson very well:
Liberals tax, borrow and spend.
Liberals won't bring themselves to protect America.
Liberals won't embrace, much less champion American culture or ideals.
Liberals put faith in government that they encourage to increase in size, cost, authority, and scope.
Liberals think they know what is best for everyone.
A liberal is a liberal regardless of whether he or she has a D or R beside his/her name.

5. Obama has brought more Americans back to conservatism than anyone since Reagan. In one year, he has rejuvenated the Conservative Movement and brought out to the streets millions of freedom loving Americans. Name one other time when you saw your friends and neighbors this interested in taking back America !

6. Obama, with his "amazing leadership," has sparked the greatest period of sales of firearms and ammunition this country has seen. Law abiding citizens have rallied and have provided a "stimulus" to the sporting goods field while other industries have failed, faded, or moved off-shore.

7. Obama has proved again that smooth talking speeches and a winning smile do not compensate for the realities or lack of promised results nor fool freedom loving people forever.

Thanks to Barack Obama, we are now again a people expressing real hope and positive change

It is now 13 days until the election. According to the news last night, 25% of voters will have already voted by November 2 but that leaves 75% of voters who will go to the polls on that day.

If those voters are following the campaign, it will be a no brainer who most will vote for. Unfortunately we have far too many voters, including the dead ones, who don't have a clue about the issues. So we'll see how it goes.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Most voters (65%) say they prefer a government with fewer services and lower taxes rather than one with more services and higher taxes. A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey finds that only 25% of Likely U.S. Voters favor a government with more services and higher taxes instead.

A majority of voters have supported a government with fewer services and lower taxes since regular tracking on this question began in early November 2006. (To see survey question wording, click here).

Consistent with past polling, most Republicans (86%) and the majority (77%) of voters not affiliated with either political party prefer a smaller government, while most Democrats (50%) favor a more active one. But nearly one-third (32%) of Democrats now like a government with fewer services and lower taxes.

As is often the case, there is a noticeable divide between the Political Class and Mainstream voters: 70% of the Political Class supports more services and higher taxes, while 78% of Mainstream voters prefer fewer services and lower taxes.
America's Best Days - Rasmussen Reports

One week to go from today, and even CBS has come over to the common sense side a bit. Check out the video at the link:

Underemployed 17.5%; California 22%by Larry O'Connor

In a report sure to cause consternation at the White House and in the offices of the Democratic Leadership in Congress, “60 Minutes” provided an in-depth report on the realities of the unemployment situation in America today.

When you take into account the underemployed as well as the unemployed, the national rate hits 17% and California a staggering 22%.

To put a face on the realities of the underemployed in America under Obamanomincs, reporter Scott Pelley spoke with a fiber-optics engineering manager who has been looking for work for over a year. He just took a job working at a Target. 20% of the unemployed in America have college degrees.

According to the report, 1/3 of the unemployed have been out of work for over a year. This hasn’t happenned since the Great Depression.

Airing one week before the mid-term elections, this report explains better than anything, exactly what is at stake for our country on November 2.
Click on the link to access the CBS 60-Minute video segment:
60 Minutes Shock Report: National Unemployed and Underemployed 17.5%; California 22% - Big Government

Forum List

Back