Count Me In When You Want To Clown Around

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

At the Donut shoppe around the corner I met the guy who played one of the instruments on the Gary Lewis tunes... he was with an old musician who played with Sinatra and who claimed he was in the neighborhood I grew up in...after a few names of bars and mafia hoods we agreed we probably met ages ago

At the Donut shoppe around the corner I met the guy who played one of the instruments on the Gary Lewis tunes... he was with an old musician who played with Sinatra and who claimed he was in the neighborhood I grew up in...after a few names of bars and mafia hoods we agreed we probably met ages ago

I had this 45 as a young'un. Leon Russell worked on it.

Pogo Dante has been a fan of Russell's since he first heard his stuff and became aware of him

Leon co-wrote the flip side too -- "Little Miss Go-Go" :lol:

Actually he had a hand in the Gary Lewis album --- check the credits:

R-2843371-1388374028-2740.jpeg.jpg

Check also that first track, written by.... Chuck Barris :ack-1:

Strange bedfellows, this Hollywood.

I believe we've mentioned Leon before somewhere. As I told TD I can do an imitation of Leon's voice so dead-on accurate it'll make your hair stand on end.

Something else weird I just noticed about this label --
See where it says "Liberty Records, Los Angeles 28, Calif" ?
This LP came out in 1965. ZIP codes were already out in 1963.

Weeeeeird.

Pogo Dante has been a fan of Russell's since he first heard his stuff and became aware of him

Leon co-wrote the flip side too -- "Little Miss Go-Go" :lol:

Actually he had a hand in the Gary Lewis album --- check the credits:

R-2843371-1388374028-2740.jpeg.jpg

Check also that first track, written by.... Chuck Barris :ack-1:

Strange bedfellows, this Hollywood.

I believe we've mentioned Leon before somewhere. As I told TD I can do an imitation of Leon's voice so dead-on accurate it'll make your hair stand on end.

Something else weird I just noticed about this label --
See where it says "Liberty Records, Los Angeles 28, Calif" ?
This LP came out in 1965. ZIP codes were already out in 1963.

Weeeeeird.
I had coffee with a guy (last year) who played with Gary Lewis and the Playboys. He was with some older Italian American guy from back East, who was a musician also. We met and spoke of mutual friends in my old neighborhood, and friends involved with Sinatra estate

Forum List

Back