Couldn't have happened to a nicer bumch of people

Why? Church of Scientology is no different then any church out there. Both seek to gain money, defraud the public, control the population, and brainwash folks to support their crimes.

Up until the point where I read that the lady was fired from her job by her Scientologist employer for refusing "treatments", I was thinking that she was just a naive lady and had it coming.

But upon reading that, yeah, get em.

What a crock.

Why? Church of Scientology is no different then any church out there. Both seek to gain money, defraud the public and brainwash folks to support their crimes.

Come on.

Here in the states if an employer fired a person for not following "methods of their religion" (lack of a better term) they'd be roasting over the hot coals of the legal system.

I feel the same way about organized religion but seriously, at some point a line has to be drawn in the sand.

Eots, I keep getting "Error, please try again later"

Could be something on my end I suppose.

(Edit: My end I guess)

Last edited:
Why? Church of Scientology is no different then any church out there. Both seek to gain money, defraud the public and brainwash folks to support their crimes.

Come on.

Here in the states if an employer fired a person for not following "methods of their religion" (lack of a better term) they'd be roasting over the hot coals of the legal system.

I feel the same way about organized religion but seriously, at some point a line has to be drawn in the sand.

Here in the states Religion was so protected that that millions of children suffered abuse at the hands of religious leaders and found no justice. Why don't you talk to them about Fraud and how horrible Scientology is regarding it?

Come on.

Here in the states Religion was so protected that that millions of children suffered abuse at the hands of religious leaders and found no justice. Why don't you talk to them about Fraud and how horrible Scientology is regarding it?

Provide a single link to show that "MILLIONS of children suffered abuse..." and I'll be willing to go further into this with you, but I think you're grossly over-estimating the numbers.

Come on.

Provide a single link to show that "MILLIONS of children suffered abuse..." and I'll be willing to go further into this with you, but I think you're grossly over-estimating the numbers.

Sexual abuse by Roman Catholic priests has cost the U.S. church morethan $1.5 billion since 1950. The following is a list of some of thelargest known payouts to victims since the crisis intensified in 2002with revelations that a molester priest was moved among parishes in theBoston Archdiocese without alerting parents or police:

_ Diocese of Orange, Calif., 2004, $100 million for 90 abuse claims.

_ Diocese of Covington, Ky., 2006, up to $85 million for roughly 350 people.

_ Archdiocese of Boston, 2003, $85 million for 552 claims.

_ Archdiocese of Los Angeles, 2006, $60 million for 45 lawsuits.

_ Diocese of Oakland, Calif., 2005, $56 million to 56 people.

_ Archdiocese of Louisville, Ky., 2003, $25.7 million to 243 victims.

_Diocese of Tucson, Ariz., 2005, agrees to fund a settlement trust worthabout $22 million for more than 50 victims as part of a plan to emergefrom bankruptcy protection.

Published: Friday, December 1, 2006 10:31 PST

1.5 billion do you really think that covers less then let's say 500,000? Because you would have to be living in a cave to not realize that for ever one who came out and spoke against what happened to them... there were at least 10 more that couldn't.

Because I am new for some reason, I don't know why, I am not allowed to post a URL, to link you to the stats...

Now how many how many adults (not children) were defrauded by Scientology?

Last edited:

Sexual abuse by Roman Catholic priests has cost the U.S. church morethan $1.5 billion since 1950. The following is a list of some of thelargest known payouts to victims since the crisis intensified in 2002with revelations that a molester priest was moved among parishes in theBoston Archdiocese without alerting parents or police:

_Diocese of Tucson, Ariz., 2005, agrees to fund a settlement trust worthabout $22 million for more than 50 victims as part of a plan to emergefrom bankruptcy protection.

1.5 billion do you really think that covers less then let's say 500,000? Because you would have to be living in a cave to not realize that for ever one who came out and spoke against what happened to them... there were at least 10 more that couldn't.

Because I am new for some reason, I don't know why, I am not allowed to post a URL, to link you to the stats...

That's millions of DOLLARS, bigot. Not millions of kids. Thanks for proving that you're just a dumbass like all prejudiced people.

I was pretty damn sure that you were talking about the Catholic Church.

But lets discuss this for a quick second and do a quick comparison:

The Catholic Church has been around for centuries, Scientology has been around since the 50's. Due to that fact, one could conclude that the Catholic Church has much more practice in hiding their crimes. Scientology isnt so adept at the practice.

With that being said, we all know what happened in the Catholic Church; sexual abuse, in many cases would come to light, and the offender would be moved to the next Diocese somewhere down the line. As far as I know, the same cant excatly be said for Scientology.

But as this conversation pertains to this thread, we're essentially comparing a lady being fired for not following an employers religious methods to Catholic priests abusing children and being transfered somewhere else. I dont think that I need to say that we're essentially comparing apples to oranges here my friend. Not to mention that we're comparing French apples to American oranges and thereby possibly confusing the laws of two very different countries.

And I fail to see how the Catholic Church got away with this so long because they're "so protected" (your words)

Who protected them?

Cause the way I see it, they protected themselves in what amounts to be one large cover-up.

That's millions of DOLLARS, bigot. Not millions of kids. Thanks for proving that you're just a dumbass like all prejudiced people.

Excatly.

You're operating on an assumption here dude.

that sure looks like they saw justice to me
thats a lot of millions of dollars

First off, I said billions of dollars, not millions. Big difference. Why am I a bigot? Because I seek to challenge someone's comment against a belief by exposing one of the most common beliefs is just as criminal? If you are of faith, that shame belongs to you not me, considering I am not of faith. The sad thing in reading your response, is that you apparently don't understand it shouldn't have even been just one kid. People like you that excuse it, like you just did are just a criminal as the people who committed it. Remember the money given didn't cover hush money, or many years before it was exposed, that makes the numbers inacurate. Tell me, how many people died in the name of Scientology, verses how many people died in the name of Christianity? Bet you can't.

If recognizing the hypocracy of condeming any religion while being a part of one that is just as destroctive if not more, makes me a dumb ass. I would glady wear a medal of honor labeling me as one. Thank you for gifting me with that medal.

Last edited:

First off, I said billions of dollars, not millions. Big difference. Why am I a bigot? Because I seek to challenge someone's comment against a belief by exposing one of the most common beliefs is just as criminal? If you are of faith, that shame belongs to you not me, considering I am not of faith. The sad thing in reading your response, is that you apparently don't understand it shouldn't have even been just one kid. People like you that excuse it, like you just did are just a criminal as the people who committed it. Remember the money given didn't cover hush money, or many years before it was exposed, that makes the numbers inacurate. Tell me, how many people died in the name of Scientology, verses how many people died in the name of Christianity? Bet you can't.

If recognizing the hypocracy of condeming any religion while being a part of one that is just as destroctive if not more, makes me a dumb ass. I would glady wear a medal of honor labeling me as one. Thank you for gifting me with that medal.
no you didnt, you liar, you said millions of children
and you claimed they didnt get justice, those millions of dollars awarded says they DID get justice

I was pretty damn sure that you were talking about the Catholic Church.

But lets discuss this for a quick second and do a quick comparison:

The Catholic Church has been around for centuries, Scientology has been around since the 50's. Due to that fact, one could conclude that the Catholic Church has much more practice in hiding their crimes. Scientology isnt so adept at the practice.

With that being said, we all know what happened in the Catholic Church; sexual abuse, in many cases would come to light, and the offender would be moved to the next Diocese somewhere down the line. As far as I know, the same cant excatly be said for Scientology.

But as this conversation pertains to this thread, we're essentially comparing a lady being fired for not following an employers religious methods to Catholic priests abusing children and being transfered somewhere else. I dont think that I need to say that we're essentially comparing apples to oranges here my friend. Not to mention that we're comparing French apples to American oranges and thereby possibly confusing the laws of two very different countries.

And I fail to see how the Catholic Church got away with this so long because they're "so protected" (your words)

Who protected them?

Cause the way I see it, they protected themselves in what amounts to be one large cover-up.

Actually you are wrong. Society did. As is clear in the response before yours calling me a bigot for even bringing it up.

I said millions of children. You and the other poster lashed out. But stop to think about it, the church abuse scandel started what in 2000? How many years before that do you really think it went on? Do you not think enough years to make my millions a valid point?

Back to Scientology. I am no Scientologist, and I find them just a vile as any organized religion. But you can't convince me that they are more vile then any other. Scientology defrauds the public. How many evangalistics have done so over and above.

Finally you are right, this is about a woman who. But look at the title of the thread in addition to the content, and see it is nothing other then a blame game.

Come on man.

Are you really gonna sit here and try to debate which organized religion has hurt the most people?

Either way you cut the cake, its like you just said "The sad thing in reading your response, is that you apparently don't understand it shouldn't have even been just one kid."

Now, if you really wanna debate how horrible the Catholic Church is compared to Scientology, feel free to create your own thread. Cause at this point, you're just de-railing Mr. RetiredGunnySeargents thread on SCIENTOLOGY.

Like my old band teacher used to say: "Catch my drift or should I snow again?"

Forum List

Back