Couldn't believe the very Conservative Tribune printed the economic truth. Hilarious!

Only left wingnuts like "rdean" would pull completely FALSE employment statistics out of their "nether regions", when the FACTS show that over 400K people per WEEK have been filing for FIRST TIME unemployment benefits during Obama's entire time as POTUS!

If "rdean" is able to, I'll let him do the math.

400,000 FIRST TIMERS PER WEEK????

52 weeks in a year.

150 (approx 3 years) x 400,000 = 60,000,000

That's 60 million. 60 million have lost their jobs since Obama inherited Republican policies that have been brewing for the last 15 years?

Well, at least we know where Obama inherited those polices from. And it tells me to "do the math" AND calls itself "Truth-seeker". Hilarious!

Better check my figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't know, guy. Rarely watch Fox.

I read a variety of sources, and compensate for their biases.

By learning far right?

I call it being a pragmatist, and I take some liberal views on some issues, and some conservative views on others.

But the point is, the Tribune is not conservative and hasn't been for some time. Look at their roll of columnists, and you have a litany of libs.

You think the Chicago Tribune is "conservative".

The Chicago Tribune powers its printing presses after they dug up Col. McCormack, wrapped a copper coil around him, and harvesting the energy produced when he rolled in his grave.

I live in Chicago. I also lived in California, Salt Lake City Utah and Richmond Virginia.

The Chicago Tribune is one of the most conservative papers in the US. Everyone knows that. It's a fact. Location doesn't make it liberal or conservative. If you could read the "larger" words, you would know that.

Funny how right wingers delude themselves into "knowing" what the truth is without a shred of understanding.

Guy, I live in Chicago. Have my whole life. In fact, on the "location" thingee, it says "Greater Chicago Area.' If you could read the "words", you would know that.

No "conservative" paper would put Eric Commie Zorn (serial Liar) and Mary The Forehead Schmich on their staff and call themselves "conservative" in any way. I can't think of a "conservative" columinst who works there. John Kass, Steve Chapmann (Or as I like to call him, Steve Frenchman, since his solution to everything seems to be to give up.) All libs. They even ran Molly Ivins drivel until she died of cancer.

The Trib endorsed the Communist Organizer last time. Probably will next time, too.

Now, I stopped reading the Trib in 2008, because I got bored with throwing away my money on such drivel... but my few visits to their website indicates they haven't changed.

The problem with right wingers is they follow the "party line". You would think that they are taking lessons from Stalin or Mao. And anyone who doesn't follow the party line is a traitor or a communist.

Wouldn't know, guy. Rarely watch Fox.

I read a variety of sources, and compensate for their biases.

By learning far right?

I call it being a pragmatist, and I take some liberal views on some issues, and some conservative views on others.

But the point is, the Tribune is not conservative and hasn't been for some time. Look at their roll of columnists, and you have a litany of libs.

I take some liberal views on some issues, and some conservative views on others.

Joe.... Dean cannot comprehend someone with these views.....your either Right or Left....if your basically a Liberal with some Conservative views.....then your not a Liberal,your not allowed to have some Conservative views.....and NO Republican can have Liberal views on things.....they dont exist....you follow what the Texas Republican Party says.....Period.....

By learning far right?

I take some liberal views on some issues, and some conservative views on others.

Joe.... Dean cannot comprehend someone with these views.....your either Right or Left....if your basically a Liberal with some Conservative views.....then your not a Liberal,your not allowed to have some Conservative views.....and NO Republican can have Liberal views on things.....they dont exist....you follow what the Texas Republican Party says.....Period.....

"Can't" and "doesn't" are not the same thing. Only a very few Republicans are criticizing this current "party of the crazed loons". To do that means you end up on the outside looking in. Look at John Huntsman.

Since we've got so many progressives on this string I'll ask a question of you that I can't seem to get an answer to...

Would one of you please explain to me why Barack Obama has postponed a decision on the oil pipeline project from Canada to the Gulf Coast until after the 2012 elections?

This from the President that ran around the country for a month telling every audience he spoke to how he couldn't "wait" for Congress to act because people were unemployed and something had to be done about that immediately (ie...pass my jobs bill).

You've accused the Republicans of being the "Party of No" and yet there are a dozen bills that the Republican House have passed and sent to the the Senate that are now sitting on Harry Reid's desk because he won't let them see the light of day. So who is "really" the Party of No?

The fact of the matter is that our economy's tepid growth is DESPITE Barack Obama and the Democrats...not because of them. From the start the Obama Administration has put one speed bump after another in the way of economic recovery. Whether it was ObamaCare...or a moratorium on all drilling in the Gulf...to DOJ lawsuits against companies like Boeing or Gibson guitars...to allowing the EPA to set greenhouse gas standards...to a stimulus plan that was a payoff to ipublic sector union's and Obama's supporters in the "green energy" sector...to threats to pass Card Check and Cap & Trade legislation...this Administration has put it's progressive ideology before American jobs.

I live in Chicago. I also lived in California, Salt Lake City Utah and Richmond Virginia.

The Chicago Tribune is one of the most conservative papers in the US. Everyone knows that. It's a fact. Location doesn't make it liberal or conservative. If you could read the "larger" words, you would know that.

Funny how right wingers delude themselves into "knowing" what the truth is without a shred of understanding.

Guy, I live in Chicago. Have my whole life. In fact, on the "location" thingee, it says "Greater Chicago Area.' If you could read the "words", you would know that.

No "conservative" paper would put Eric Commie Zorn (serial Liar) and Mary The Forehead Schmich on their staff and call themselves "conservative" in any way. I can't think of a "conservative" columinst who works there. John Kass, Steve Chapmann (Or as I like to call him, Steve Frenchman, since his solution to everything seems to be to give up.) All libs. They even ran Molly Ivins drivel until she died of cancer.

The Trib endorsed the Communist Organizer last time. Probably will next time, too.

Now, I stopped reading the Trib in 2008, because I got bored with throwing away my money on such drivel... but my few visits to their website indicates they haven't changed.

The problem with right wingers is they follow the "party line". You would think that they are taking lessons from Stalin or Mao. And anyone who doesn't follow the party line is a traitor or a communist.

I'm tempted to retort with a "the problem with left-wingers" is screed, but that wouldn't be fair to those on the other side who are actually pretty thoughtful and intelligent, compared to you.

The problem with YOU is that you made a claim here that the Tribune is an "ultra-right" paper. I pointed out that most of their columnists lean to the left, and that they endorsed Obama (in both 2004 and 2008) and a lot of other Democrats. They endorsed Tammy Duckworth in 2006. This is a left leaning paper, at least under the current ownership.

In short, your claim was disputed. And instead of manning up and admitting you were wrong, you launched into a personal attack.

"Can't" and "doesn't" are not the same thing. Only a very few Republicans are criticizing this current "party of the crazed loons". To do that means you end up on the outside looking in. Look at John Huntsman.

Okay, let's look at John Huntsman.

Huntsman decided the best way to get Republican votes was to insult them. Insult their religious beliefs on evolution, especially, since your beliefs are so incredibly rational....Oh, wait, Huntsman is a Mormon.

yeah, how's that working out for you, Johnny?

who told you that Dean?.....Pat Robertson or the Texas Republican Party?......you have had countless numbers of "righties" in this forum tell you they dont follow the party line,and yet you keep saying they do.....i bet you have NEVER voted against anything the Democrats have proposed.....because if there is anyone here who tows the party line.....its YOU....you have been asked dozens of times to admit the Democrats have in the past and right now have fucked people over,yet you wont say they have......keep on towing that line Dean.....

I'm tempted to retort with a "the problem with left-wingers" is screed, but that wouldn't be fair to those on the other side who are actually pretty thoughtful and intelligent, compared to you.

The problem with YOU is that you made a claim here that the Tribune is an "ultra-right" paper. I pointed out that most of their columnists lean to the left, and that they endorsed Obama (in both 2004 and 2008) and a lot of other Democrats. They endorsed Tammy Duckworth in 2006. This is a left leaning paper, at least under the current ownership.

In short, your claim was disputed. And instead of manning up and admitting you were wrong, you launched into a personal attack.

How do you get "ultra right" out of, "The Chicago Tribune is one of the most conservative papers in the US."? Only "ultra right" is "conservative"?

You tell me to "man up" and claim that I launched a "personal attack". You can't write my dialog and then complain you don't like what you read. What's wrong with you?

Like I said, not every Republicans toes the Party Line. But if they don't, they end up on the outside looking in. You're a perfect example. Because the Trib endorsed someone you don't think they should have, that proves, according to your low standards, they aren't the "right kind" of Republican.

who told you that Dean?.....Pat Robertson or the Texas Republican Party?......you have had countless numbers of "righties" in this forum tell you they dont follow the party line,and yet you keep saying they do.....i bet you have NEVER voted against anything the Democrats have proposed.....because if there is anyone here who tows the party line.....its YOU....you have been asked dozens of times to admit the Democrats have in the past and right now have fucked people over,yet you wont say they have......keep on towing that line Dean.....

Fucked people over? How? Make it good. :popcorn:

Fucked people over? How? Make it good. :popcorn:

i love it when you prove me right.....thats why its so fun to ask you these Questions,because if you answer truthfully.....you will have to admit that your group is no better than the other group.....and holy shit if that should happen......keep towing the line Dean, your not fooling anybody.....well maybe Chris,Franco and Lakoota....but carry on, your doing whats expected of you.......your a good little soldier.....:salute:

make up your mind Dean.....in one post you are saying there are no Liberal leaning Republicans,a Republican is a Republican is a Republican they vote lockstep.....you said it.....now you are saying they exist....and there are more than a "few".....you have had that proven to you time and time again.....if you were not so out in the Left Field Bleachers you might realize this....come on down and get a Hotdog and a Beer once in a while,you may see something different.....

How do you get "ultra right" out of, "The Chicago Tribune is one of the most conservative papers in the US."? Only "ultra right" is "conservative"?

You tell me to "man up" and claim that I launched a "personal attack". You can't write my dialog and then complain you don't like what you read. What's wrong with you?

Like I said, not every Republicans toes the Party Line. But if they don't, they end up on the outside looking in. You're a perfect example. Because the Trib endorsed someone you don't think they should have, that proves, according to your low standards, they aren't the "right kind" of Republican.

No, it proves they are liberals and became liberals when they endorsed them. Sorry, they just are.

Since you claim to live in Chicago (this week) please let me know who the "conservative" authors are in the Trib. Zorn? Schmich? Kass? Chapman? No, seriously, who are these conservatives who are so deviously running the place?

The CHIGAGO Tribune is conservative!

Oh that one made my day.

The Tribune believes in the traditional principles of limited government; maximum individual responsibility; and minimum restriction of personal liberty, opportunity and enterprise. It believes in free markets, free will and freedom of expression.

Chicago Tribute statement of principles

In its entire history, the Tribune has endorsed a Democratic Presidential candidate ONCE and only once. I dunno, sounds reasonably conservative to me.

The CHIGAGO Tribune is conservative!

Oh that one made my day.

The Tribune believes in the traditional principles of limited government; maximum individual responsibility; and minimum restriction of personal liberty, opportunity and enterprise. It believes in free markets, free will and freedom of expression.

Chicago Tribute statement of principles

In its entire history, the Tribune has endorsed a Democratic Presidential candidate ONCE and only once. I dunno, sounds reasonably conservative to me.

Except it hasn't been conservative in a long time...

Forum List

Back