Couldn't believe the very Conservative Tribune printed the economic truth. Hilarious!

R

rdean

The Chicago Tribune is one of the most conservative papers in the US.

They reverently print every work Kathleen Parker writes.

They endorsed Bush for a second term in the middle of Democratic Stronghold, Chicago.

Chicago Tribune Endorses Bush | Bryan Strawser

(funny, every reason they give for endorsing Bush turns out to be a failure)

They put a lot into this article on page 7 of Saturday's Tribune with lots of graphs and sources.

The same article has been picked up in papers across the US:

Politics | Despite uptick, GOP candidates slam jobs report | Seattle Times Newspaper

Republicans slam President Obama over new jobless figures

Candidates' plans would cut jobs | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

What Romney and Bachmann ignored, as GOP candidates routinely do, is a pattern in the jobs numbers: The number of private-sector jobs has grown for 21 consecutive months, by a total of 2.9 million. The main job losses — 446,000 in the same period — have been in government, a decline that would accelerate under plans advanced by Republican candidates.

The trend held Friday, with the Labor Department reporting a gain of 140,000 private-sector jobs and a loss of 20,000 government jobs.

In addition to proposals for the future, the Republican candidates' positions would have heightened the most recent government job losses. Many layoffs of local and state government employees were delayed by Obama's 2009 stimulus package, which GOP White House hopefuls denounce.

And some newly jobless were teachers and others whose layoffs Obama tried to avert through $35 billion in federal aid to states. GOP candidates opposed that proposal, and fellow Republicans in Congress killed it.

And by ignoring the human cost, University of Washington political-science professor Mark A. Smith said, Republicans merely are following a maxim of politics: "When something works against you, you're better off not talking about it."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

To put it simply, what ammo will power their debate? Republicans say government has grown massively under Obama, but anyone who bothers to check will find it's shrunk by a half million. The government only employs a few million people. A half million (500,000) is a LOT of people.

One reason the unemployment figures are less than they could be is because a half million people who worked for the government are out of work. A half million. 500,000 people.

Over a hundred Republicans congressmen have taken stimulus money to create thousands of jobs. Will they still run on, "The stimulus didn't create a single job"?

Come on loony right wingers. What do you have to say? The truth is right there. What will they say during the debate.

Sidebar: Did anyone see Mitt during the debate with Anderson Cooper as moderator? Mitt whined in his most girlish voice, "Anderson, Rick won't let me talk". Can you imagine him in a debate with Obama? Seriously? The Obama who took down the entire Republican leadership at their own retreat?

You think the Chicago Tribune is "conservative".

The Chicago Tribune powers its printing presses after they dug up Col. McCormack, wrapped a copper coil around him, and harvesting the energy produced when he rolled in his grave.

The Chicago Tribune powers its printing presses after they dug up Col. McCormack, wrapped a copper coil around him, and harvesting the energy produced when he rolled in his grave.

I live in Chicago. I also lived in California, Salt Lake City Utah and Richmond Virginia.

The Chicago Tribune is one of the most conservative papers in the US. Everyone knows that. It's a fact. Location doesn't make it liberal or conservative. If you could read the "larger" words, you would know that.

Funny how right wingers delude themselves into "knowing" what the truth is without a shred of understanding.

I live in Chicago. I also lived in California, Salt Lake City Utah and Richmond Virginia.

The Chicago Tribune is one of the most conservative papers in the US. Everyone knows that. It's a fact. Location doesn't make it liberal or conservative. If you could read the "larger" words, you would know that.

Funny how right wingers delude themselves into "knowing" what the truth is without a shred of understanding.

Guy, I live in Chicago. Have my whole life. In fact, on the "location" thingee, it says "Greater Chicago Area.' If you could read the "words", you would know that.

No "conservative" paper would put Eric Commie Zorn (serial Liar) and Mary The Forehead Schmich on their staff and call themselves "conservative" in any way. I can't think of a "conservative" columinst who works there. John Kass, Steve Chapmann (Or as I like to call him, Steve Frenchman, since his solution to everything seems to be to give up.) All libs. They even ran Molly Ivins drivel until she died of cancer.

The Trib endorsed the Communist Organizer last time. Probably will next time, too.

Now, I stopped reading the Trib in 2008, because I got bored with throwing away my money on such drivel... but my few visits to their website indicates they haven't changed.

Guy, I live in Chicago. Have my whole life. In fact, on the "location" thingee, it says "Greater Chicago Area.' If you could read the "words", you would know that.

No "conservative" paper would put Eric Commie Zorn (serial Liar) and Mary The Forehead Schmich on their staff and call themselves "conservative" in any way. I can't think of a "conservative" columinst who works there. John Kass, Steve Chapmann (Or as I like to call him, Steve Frenchman, since his solution to everything seems to be to give up.) All libs. They even ran Molly Ivins drivel until she died of cancer.

The Trib endorsed the Communist Organizer last time. Probably will next time, too.

Now, I stopped reading the Trib in 2008, because I got bored with throwing away my money on such drivel... but my few visits to their website indicates they haven't changed.

Riiiight. Stick with Arab owned Fox. They have better "talking points".

Only left wingnuts like "rdean" would pull completely FALSE employment statistics out of their "nether regions", when the FACTS show that over 400K people per WEEK have been filing for FIRST TIME unemployment benefits during Obama's entire time as POTUS!

If "rdean" is able to, I'll let him do the math.

Last edited:
I live in Buffalo, and I know the Tribune is THE Consevative paper forever. Taft, "Dewey Wins" etc etc.

The dupes of today know nothing. The GOP of today is a bought off party of greedy elitists and propagandized morons and racists. ty

Only left wingnuts like "rdean" would pull completely FALSE employment statistics out of their "nether regions", when the FACTS show that over 400K people per WEEK have been filing for FIRST TIME unemployment benefits during Obama's entire time as POTUS!

If "rdean" is able to, I'll let him do the math.

Yes, because if 400,000 people lost their jobs last week it is absolutely impossible that 550,000 people found new jobs last week.

:cuckoo:

I live in Buffalo, and I know the Tribune is THE Consevative paper forever. Taft, "Dewey Wins" etc etc.

The dupes of today know nothing. The GOP of today is a bought off party of greedy elitists and propagandized morons and racists. ty

hey Frankie!......:eusa_shhh:....the Democrats are the same way.....pass it on.....oh and change the fucking channel....

hey Frankie!......:eusa_shhh:....the Democrats are the same way.....pass it on.....oh and change the fucking channel....

BS- the Dems have no BS Propaganda Machine like Murdoch's, Rev Moon, , Rush, Savage, Brietbart,etc, etc, making billions off the dupes. A smaller LW radio and Media Matters fighting back- and guess what- they're telling the TRUTH, not... see my signature...

The GOP is the only party in the modern world fighting science and rewriting history- a big lie disgrace.

Except that hasn't been the case in a very long time with the Trib, which has been getting progressively more liberal over the years. It's also changed ownership a bunch of times since poor Colonel McCormack died.

BS- the Dems have no BS Propaganda Machine like Murdoch's, Rev Moon, , Rush, Savage, Brietbart,etc, etc, making billions off the dupes. A smaller LW radio and Media Matters fighting back- and guess what- they're telling the TRUTH, not... see my signature...

The GOP is the only party in the modern world fighting science and rewriting history- a big lie disgrace.
sure they dont Frankie....i can see they did a good job on you......:lol:

they are now rinos because they spoke the truth to the republican base.

No truth is allowed into the republican bases heads.

It wont fit in there as long as the historically failed ideas they have held onto for decades is in there rattling arround.

they are now rinos because they spoke the truth to the republican base.

No truth is allowed into the republican bases heads.

It wont fit in there as long as the historically failed ideas they have held onto for decades is in there rattling arround.

Lair !

Forum List

Back