COULD We Stop FIGHTING and Sort Of TRY To Develope Some Sort of Scheme?

I'd settle for a real choice if all we're going to have is two major parties, give me a party that wants more government, more intervention and then give me one that wants less government and less intervention by government, then I will have a choice.

You are all fools.
In NOV if there is even one asshole that gets re-sElected, you are finished.
There needs to be a group on the hill that nobody ever heard of.No millionaires, no celebs.

Gaining a major political office of any type is going to mean someone knows you. Your statement is both pessimistic and an impossibility. What I hope you mean is, we can get people who will truly act in a transparent, honest and representative way as a leader. People can change. They resist it frequently, but if the general attitude changes DC can be better, even if every face doesn't change.
I agree on the pessimistic part of your bleat.
Elites never "change". They just say they do.
The impossibility factor is also correct.
That's why I left.
murkins ALWAYS vote against their own best interests.

I can't think of one thing we (liberals and conservatives) agree on.

looking at the world that way is the cause of the problems we have.

of course there are things we agree on.

we want the world better for our children. we differ as to what will make it better.
we want to make enough money to live in a decent place, have a decent vacation occasioally and send our kids to college. we just disagree on what our responsibility is to others and to what extent the condition of others affects the world WE live in.

we want our worlds to be safe.

we just disagree about what it takes to make it that way.

Lots we agree on and I'm sure a list wouldn't be hard to develop. Rewarding, reasonably paid work would be one. Sensible transportation systems a second. Low pollution, so our kids can live healthy lives, another. Sensible land management so our beautiful country doesn't become a highway strip mall. It is the high level that is agreeable, debate surrounds low level distractions and nonsense that occupy the body politic and the minds of too many.

Consider the Islamic Center debate, surely we all agree that constitutionally it is the right thing for America, but then consider humans who live in a (their) world that too easily uses it for their own either political motivation or personal grievances.

"It is my hope that the mosque will help to bring our city even closer together, and help repudiate the false and repugnant idea that the attacks of 9/11 were in any way consistent with Islam. Muslims are as much a part of our city and our country as the people of any faith - and they are as welcome to worship in lower Manhattan as any other group." NY Mayor Bloomberg

But you murkins don't pay attention.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY]YouTube - Eisenhower warns us of the military industrial complex.[/ame]

You are all fools.
In NOV if there is even one asshole that gets re-sElected, you are finished.
There needs to be a group on the hill that nobody ever heard of.No millionaires, no celebs.

Gaining a major political office of any type is going to mean someone knows you. Your statement is both pessimistic and an impossibility. What I hope you mean is, we can get people who will truly act in a transparent, honest and representative way as a leader. People can change. They resist it frequently, but if the general attitude changes DC can be better, even if every face doesn't change.
That's why I left.

Your attitude means you lose. You have made a decision to fail and by doing so, do not try.

That's why I left.

Your attitude means you lose. You have made a decision to fail and by doing so, do not try.
Sell me some of that !

looking at the world that way is the cause of the problems we have.

of course there are things we agree on.

we want the world better for our children. we differ as to what will make it better.
we want to make enough money to live in a decent place, have a decent vacation occasioally and send our kids to college. we just disagree on what our responsibility is to others and to what extent the condition of others affects the world WE live in.

we want our worlds to be safe.

we just disagree about what it takes to make it that way.

I agree with this, but the OP specifically asked for a "scheme", a plan, a course of action.

While we may agree on these generalities...when we take the very next step, developing a plan, libs and cons are nearly diametrically opposed.

Taking any of your examples to the planning stage...asking "How do we accomplish this?"...would ingnite a conflagration of opposition.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back