Could we have become "energy independent" for 6 trillion dollars?

R

rdean

When I think about the 3 trillion pissed away in Iraq and Afghanistan and the three trillion in Bush tax cuts that went mostly to the wealthy, I wonder if that would have been enough money to make us "energy independent".

Did we throw away our future for oil we didn't get and to make the lives of the super wealthy, more wealthy?

When I think about the 3 trillion pissed away in Iraq and Afghanistan and the three trillion in Bush tax cuts that went mostly to the wealthy, I wonder if that would have been enough money to make us "energy independent".

Did we throw away our future for oil we didn't get and to make the lives of the super wealthy, more wealthy?

Typical liberal outlook on how to solve things. "Lets throw money at something, and see if it fixes it"

Typical liberal outlook on how to solve things. "Lets throw money at something, and see if it fixes it"

I never met a business man who didn't say, "It takes money to make money". Have you?

After democrats authorized the president to use boots on the ground to enforce UN sanctions against Saddam they sat back and pretended they were part of the jihad and undermined the mission. Is it a pipe dream by the left that democrats authorized the Military missions in Iraq and Afghanistan for oil? Where did it say that on the authorization? Barry Obama had two years with a solid majority in both houses of Congress and he gave us "cash for clunkers" while the democrat senate majority leader told Americans that "oil makes you sick". Democrats have fought energy independence for decades and the fake science of global warming cane just in time for the DNC to try to keep Americans in poverty and in political chaos..

I never met a business man who didn't say, "It takes money to make money". Have you?

Any business man will tell you -- it takes IDEAS to make money. Getting the investment is just another part of the job..

If we didn't invade Iraq -- you'd still be paying for 2 carrier groups in the Gulf and bases in Saudi Arabia so we could bomb Saddam every day.. The policy that led UP to that war -- including the Oil for Food fiascos and the broken down "international embargo" was WORSE than removing Saddam. We bombed that country DAILY for 12 years, took away the keys to their economy for 12 years, locked them up with a madman for 12 years and let the UN abuse their humanitarian aid. And we had Mad Albright telling us the 200,000 civilian casualties were "all worth it"...

At least we fix some really crappy policy with a crappy excuse to finally solve the problem.

You're so full of it. Just the wasted money on Green crap would have paid for some REAL useable ideas for energy..

Last edited:
After democrats authorized the president to use boots on the ground to enforce UN sanctions against Saddam they sat back and pretended they were part of the jihad and undermined the mission. Is it a pipe dream by the left that democrats authorized the Military missions in Iraq and Afghanistan for oil? Where did it say that on the authorization? Barry Obama had two years with a solid majority in both houses of Congress and he gave us "cash for clunkers" while the democrat senate majority leader told Americans that "oil makes you sick". Democrats have fought energy independence for decades and the fake science of global warming cane just in time for the DNC to try to keep Americans in poverty and in political chaos..

Your post is so bizarre, I don't know where to begin. In fact, I won't. You win. You are delusional.

Just one question, how did dinosaur bones get into the ground? Is it true God put them there so we could see what creatures on other planets look like?

no...and yes

Last edited:

Yup... American Energy Roadblocks by the Obama Administration - House Committee on Natural Resources

In your utopian hypothetical dream, what did America end up doing in response to 9/11 if we didn't go to War? Tell them America was sorry for making them mad? If delusional has a name... It's rdean.

Your post is so bizarre, I don't know where to begin. In fact, I won't. You win. You are delusional.

Just one question, how did dinosaur bones get into the ground? Is it true God put them there so we could see what creatures on other planets look like?

I'm not sure I know where you want to go with the dinosaur theme. Surely you know that dinosaurs were just an element in the combination of unimaginable time and pressure and solar variables that turned organic matter to oil and coal. Ask yourself why the Saudi princes are held in such awe and respect in the civilized world? do you think they worry about hogging all the oil? Communist countries rent oil drilling sites within spitting distance of the US and yet for some reason the democrat party seems to think oil exploration by American companies is some sort of violation of the laws of nature.

"...for oil we didnt get..."?

Typical of you to assume that was the agenda.

RIGZONE - Musings: Is America Knocking On The Door Of Energy Independence?

...the shale revolution has transformed America's petroleum industry into an engine for hydrocarbon production growth. With that additional oil and gas production, America's dependence on petroleum imports has declined. Increasingly, not only are the politicians talking about energy independence, but energy industry executives along with energy economists and consultants are also openly talking about the day when the U.S. meets all its power needs from domestic resources.

It's so ironic - you guys have screamed at the top of your lungs for a decade now that we (and I quote) "invaded Iraq for oil".

I screamed at the top of my lungs that that claim was the most absurd Hollywood fantasy in the world.

Here we are a decade later and you guys are now admitting there was, in fact, no oil.

I think this proves once and for all that the liberal narrative will change 24x7 to fit the need of whatever story they are pushing at that moment.

For the record, we could be ENERGY INDEPENDENT anytime we want. But the Democrats are confusing "energy independent" with "green technology, energy depleted dependency".

Obama is intentionally blocking our energy independence so he can funnel money to his pals in the green energy sector, like Al Gore and Van Jones.

Look at how ND is thriving in this Obama-created depression by simply ignoring the Obama agenda. Energy is abundant, their economy is flourishing, and they have so many jobs, they can't even fill them all. McDonald's is hiring workers in ND for $18 per hour and truck drivers are earning over $100,000 per year. If the entire nation would just boot Obama to the curb in November, and then implement ND's same strategy - we'd fix every problem we have (economy, jobs, energy independence, etc.).

The Debate on Energy: Federal Lands vs. Private Lands

That's how conservatives view the military. For everything else the solution is more tax breaks for the rich.

In your utopian hypothetical dream, what did America end up doing in response to 9/11 if we didn't go to War? Tell them America was sorry for making them mad? If delusional has a name... It's rdean.

Um, go after the people who attacked us instead of going after Iraq?

Forum List

Back