Could This Be Why The Falcons Lost It ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
The Atlanta Falcons seem to have lost more than the Super Bowl game. They seem to have lost (in the second half) their composure, their strength, and everything they had so much of in the first half. But why ? How ?

It's been said that the Falcons' defense got tired in the 3rd quarter. I saw that. I'd say the reason for that, is because the offense didn't get possession of the football long enough. When that happens, the defense is back on the field. The longer they're on the field, the more tired they get.

But why was the offense so weak in the second half ? (after racking up 28 points in the first half ?)

Answer ? INJURIES. While I hardly remember a single Patriot injury occuring in the game, the Falcons were getting hurt left and right. Notice how Matt Ryan had lots of time to throw in the first half...then got sacked, hurried, harrased, in the second ? It goes to show how important good offensive linemen are. You take a couple of superior offensive linemen out, and replace them with inferior ones, and your team goes from top notch to bottom notch, just like that.

Missing good offensive line, the Falcons went from being the Falcons, to being the Cleveland Browns. And they also lost some other good offensive players (ex. Coleman)

PS - injuries are critically important factor (very overlooked) ESPN stats on the game listed 21 categories. Not a word about injuries.

Forum List

Back