Could this be true?

Bullypulpit said:
Had the Administration done the right thing after 9/11, things could have changed for the better. Instead, the Bush Cabal chose to pursue their own interests rahter than America's, they pissed away every last drop of good will and sympathy generated in the aftermath of 9/11 and our children, for generations to come, will be paying the price in treasure and blood.

Dramatic bullshit--the rest of the world LOVES to hate America. Implying that we had them all in the palm of our poor, terrorized hand after 9/11 is garbage.

P&CA admin said:
I find it very interesting that terrorism is something we fight on foreign shores...
It's us against them...but we do NOT KNOW...who they are..so we suspect everyone?
How come NO one has said anything about our home grown terrorsts? Tim McVeigh? He helped kill how many Americans? It appears those deaths mean nothing...I am the one trivializing the WTC attack by saying the loss of those lives will not change the world...well Okalohma didn't change us forever apparently ... an attack on America by Americans...but we better watchout for all the towel heads...not those apple pie eating types... :talk2: :lalala:
It's better to use the tradgedy day after day as an excuse for moving away from our fore fathers and how they pictured our country...
As to the Cindy Sheehan comment...I agree..I am NO big fan of hers...thing is she could have done much more with all the attention she got...instead she let the far left give her words to speak and she did...which was not a very smart move...
BTW...I am NOT a HE...I am a she...and you can add devil to the end of that as well...
I am just giving my opinion folks...nothing I say will change the world either...
One more note...I have sent the link to the forum to my girlfriend who lost her husband...I hope she registers and speaks her piece..how she feels about my comments...I have nothing to hide ..and I have always been straight forward with her ...I highly doubt she'd be surprised...Yeah...I'm a callouse bitch...but I admit it!

Fighting in their land is better than fighting in ours; especially, given the number of people around here incapable of defending themselves.

And Timothy McVeigh was executed by the state. What do you want? To resurrect him and execute him again?

BTW...I am NOT a HE...I am a she...and you can add devil to the end of that as well...

Great, Another mark for their own gimmick. :rolleyes:

dilloduck said:
Dramatic bullshit--the rest of the world LOVES to hate America. Implying that we had them all in the palm of our poor, terrorized hand after 9/11 is garbage.

You don't remember? The whole world loved us until we invaded Iraq. :wtf:

dilloduck said:

Stop being sooky. The rest of the world doesn't love to hate America, jeez most of the rest of the world wants to be like America. And there was a huge amount of sympathy for America following 9/11, I know there was here and we're notorious for calling you lot Septics (we're very rude at times).

dilloduck said:

Dramatic bullshit? As opposed to "Mission Accomplished"? As opposed to "we're fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here"? LOL!

Bully is dead on right. They squandered all the good will we had after 9/11 and blew an extraordinary opportunty.

roomy said:
I think us in the UK think of the USA as a cousin who lives far away, we don't live in each others pockets but if trouble looms on the horizon we are only a phone call away, and will move heaven and earth to help each other.Your fear since 9/11 is understandable, but if you put it in context of what the rest of the world has suffered for years, is it little wonder that questions are sometimes raised as to your fortitude?You are like the proverbial wounded animal who is now at it's most dangerous, sometimes logic and understanding take a backseat to revenge.We on the other hand take it in our stride and get on with life inspite of any threat from these pissant terrorists, hell you can land a hijacked plane here, enjoy years of freedom at the states expense then be given political asylum, how laid back (or fucking sick) is that?

What I am saying my friend is that, we love you anyway. ;)
I think what some of us recognize is that even our most erstwhile friends, of which UK is the first, while ready to help with blood and treasure, that is all they do have to give. The sheer size, interconnectedness, technologically advanced, US really doesn't have any allies or group of allies that can respond to attacks here, if the US is in a position or abject need. It's not denigrating anyplace, rather an acknowledgement that while we can and do respond to others, our allies are limited, while our enemies have such an abundance of methods of infiltration and targets to hit.

Our 'real allies' know that if they are attacked and US is 'not', we will be able and ready to respond with all that we have, including too our blood and treasure, we have and would. I think many times that it's hard for the citizens of our allies to 'step in our shoes'; and the same here, which is why they often think us arrogant and guilty of hubris, when in fact we may be 'more scared' in the certainty that we will always have to 'save ourselves'.

Now that might not be true, but in modern times, we know of nothing else.

roomy said:
I am deeply offended, what more can we give or could you ask for, than our blood and treasure ( i love that phrase BTW) If you ask me, we are your first line of defence, without us taking the brunt of the eastern worlds hatred of the western world I think the US may have suffered many more similar atrocities to 9/11.We are a buffer zone.If it weren't for us and our allies you really would be on your own.

Again, you misunderstand, I am speaking of our reactions INTERNALLY to the threats we are responding to. I do not doubt UK, AU, and others willingness to come to our aid, not for a heartbeat, regardless of the rhetoric we all sometimes invoke. It has more to do with our ability, (because of our sheer size and the wealth that follows), and decisions to spend on military/technological weapons and means of delivery. While we have mostly kept our allies 'in the training loop' with much of these things, we are the ones that have them, thus if attacked our allies may have less to respond with.

This is convoluted, perhaps I can put it better later, with more thought. In any case, it wasn't meant as a critism of any others, more of an explanation of why our reactions may mystify others.

roomy said:
I think I understand what you are trying to say, but it smacks of overkill.You may have better and more destructive weapons but we have more than enough to put a dent in the world.You may feel like the worlds benefactors but we feel like the parent who has lost his child to puberty. :alco: I make more sense (at least to myself) when I have had a drink ;) Is that a sign of insecurity?
Well at least it's after noon here, so go ahead! :laugh: Truly, I didn't mean offense. I'll think about this and perhaps post more later. (I mean the topic, not the drinking!) ;)

GunnyL said:
Fighting in their land is better than fighting in ours; especially, given the number of people around here incapable of defending themselves.

And Timothy McVeigh was executed by the state. What do you want? To resurrect him and execute him again?

I was making a point ...which I see you ignored completely...
My point was...it's not just OVER THERE...
We have our own HOME GROWN crazies...
However, it seems our country and some of it's citizens would like to forget the fact we were attacked by one of our own...
Life did not completely change after that bombing..and with your reaction it also appears YOU have forgotten about those people...
No one is even thinking about Americans being terrorists... It's them against us but NO one knows who "THEM" is...understand?
You folks do not want us to forget one tradgedy...but choose to ignore another one...one that was created by a fellow natural born citizen...
Yes he was put to death...however, just because he is dead doesn't mean we should FORGET what HE DID!
BTW...I didn't understand your last statement about another mark for thier gimmick...could you please enlighten me?

P&CA admin said:
However, it seems our country and some of it's citizens would like to forget the fact we were attacked by one of our own...
Life did not completely change after that bombing..and with your reaction it also appears YOU have forgotten about those people...
No one is even thinking about Americans being terrorists... It's them against us but NO one knows who "THEM" is...understand?
You folks do not want us to forget one tradgedy...but choose to ignore another one...one that was created by a fellow natural born citizen...
Yes he was put to death...however, just because he is dead doesn't mean we should FORGET what HE DID!
BTW...I didn't understand your last statement about another mark for thier gimmick...could you please enlighten me?

You folks----choose to ignore what?--Oklahoma city? I think not.

P&CA admin said:

I am confused. How can so many obviously educated people ignore the differences between 'crazies' and 'warriors?' Tim McVeigh, like other criminals in any time period, used weapons to carry out an assault on fellow human beings. Our civilization did not give him a pass.

Another home grown nutcase, David Koresh, caused the Justice Department to fall into a trap of his making at Waco. Blame was spread around, that is what 'civilized societies' do.

To compare a Timothy McVeigh with Islamofacism is a non sequitur, apples and oranges. One is a nutcase, the other logical, at least in their parameters of justice.

When someone from the West is looking at Islamofacism and trying to relate to those that practice Islam but not in this 'virulent' form, one must then ask oneself, 'what are they doing to denounce this form?' I'm not hearing enough voices of those with influence.

Again I'm brought back to the huge number of pro-life citizens in this country. They truly believe that abortion is murder. Yet, when confronted with those that would kill doctors, nurses, bomb clinics, they are for locking them up and throwing away the key. It's preached in churches and backed by juries.

Forum List

Back