Could this be true?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by roomy, May 10, 2006.

1. roomy

roomy The Natural

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +950

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    In actuality, all of these have been slammed home, again and again, by the MSM. Where've you been?

3. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Tony Blair is after you for being tongue in cheeky :D

4. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

Ew. What a homo. :D

5. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
  6. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
  7. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,804
    Every one of those points brought up is a crock of shit.

The WMD "thing" has been beaten to death in the MSM and by the Dems. I guess he is just baffled that Americans are actually able to understand this was only one of many reasons we went to war, but doesn't come out and say that. He'd rather just make it sound like we mindlessly turn a blind eye.

When the "Abu Ghraib torture thing surfaced" there were plenty of protests. And I wasn't aware that Abu Ghraib revealed that our government "participated in rendition, a practice where we kidnap people and turn them over to regimes who specialize in torture". Maybe he has Abu Ghraib confused with something else. There was never any torture, only humiliation and photos taken by a few guards, not acting under orders from the government. That entire statement is 100% false.

They might be "so-called terrorist suspects" to him, but to the rest of us they are terrorists. The whole point of war is the assumption of guilt. This is not an American court of law, its war.

The "executive branch" is not conducting domestic wiretapping, it authorized DoD agencies to. And they did not authorize them against "You and me", but at people directly connected to Al Queda and other terrorists. But it was a nice try at another spin.

Actually we have stated them on many times, but liberals just don't like the answers. I especially like the blanket statement at the end that "demoralized U.S.Marines" are at the point were they commit atrocities on women and children.

Is this the best arguments he can come up with? :piss2:

8. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Roomy, a little thing we call 9/11 happened, and everything changed. In many ways, we're not the same America.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. P&CA admin

P&CA admin Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Which is a pity...I loved the old America..
    I just wish we'd stop using September 11th as a blanket excuse for forgetting our countries history...How hard the originators...the founding fathers worked to make this such a wonderful country...
    We've had horrible things in our past...Pearl Harbor...the great quake of 1916...Katrina...and IMO Katrina was worse then planes hitting buildings...
    We failed our fellow countrymen...Maybe if we had some of those guardsmen that are in Iraq helping our own people on our own soil....maybe we might not have looked like complete failures across the globe..
    I do love my country even though some would view my opinion as "Liberal"...because I do not agree with the war in Iraq...never have...I believe we should have been taking care of our own..making sure we are prepared for NATURAL disasters instead of keeping an eye out for the boogey man..
    BTW....September 11th did not just affect America...another thing we tend not to pay attention to...it happened on our soil but weren't there like 200 other countries impacted on that day? Visitors to NYC ...travellers to the Capital?Yet, we say everything changed on that day..
    To be honest the biggest change I have seen is in my fellow Americans...Fearing thier own shadows..and that is so very sad...
    Sorry...went off into my own thoughts there..
    I just really dislike September 11th being the excuse for everything

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Fearing our own shadows ??? So there is no terrorist threat to America?