Could The Lakers Be Walton's Undoing

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
Luke Walton was hired for the head coaching job of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Laker's Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak hired him without interviewing anyone else. That is a bad sign, look at their last two hirings.

If the Lakers don't turn it around this year, Buss and Kupchak are out. Enter Phil Jackson?

The Lakers lost Bryant, they have great cap space but so will everyone else. Can the Lakers entice big name free agents with no other help other than some newbies that won 17 games with Bryant?

I think Walton might be committing coaching suicide and with only a 24-0 and start with the Warriors, he has no experience or track record. 24-0 with the motivated Warriors mean little.

Luke Walton was hired for the head coaching job of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Laker's Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak hired him without interviewing anyone else. That is a bad sign, look at their last two hirings.

If the Lakers don't turn it around this year, Buss and Kupchak are out. Enter Phil Jackson?

The Lakers lost Bryant, they have great cap space but so will everyone else. Can the Lakers entice big name free agents with no other help other than some newbies that won 17 games with Bryant?

I think Walton might be committing coaching suicide and with only a 24-0 and start with the Warriors, he has no experience or track record. 24-0 with the motivated Warriors mean little.
What do you think he should do? He wants to be a head coach and there is no other team as badly in need of a coach than the Lakers. I'm sure now that Kobe is gone and Luke is the head coach there will be many people that will come to the Lakers.

Buss and Kupchak are not the two people I'd hang my hat with. They have been bringing down the Lakers for a few years now. Once Kupchak and Buss leave, wouldn't you think Walton would be gone shortly thereafter?

Sometimes fresh blood is called for and proves to be great. In Seattle we had Bill Russel for the Sonics and just never got there.
Then we hired Lenny Wilkens. He cut two big time fan favorites. Fred Brown and "Slick" Watts.

We were champs what two years later? When you are stuck anywhere but the top you have to gamble. Because what you are doing ain't getting you there.

Sometimes fresh blood is called for and proves to be great. In Seattle we had Bill Russel for the Sonics and just never got there.
Then we hired Lenny Wilkens. He cut two big time fan favorites. Fred Brown and "Slick" Watts.

We were champs what two years later? When you are stuck anywhere but the top you have to gamble. Because what you are doing ain't getting you there.

Lenny Wilkens was a great coach, he got a bad deal in Portland.

Portland did not give him the coaching range Seattle did.

Portland did not give him the coaching range Seattle did.

Glickman gave Wilkens a lot of range, however Walton drove up expectations and his early career injuries doomed the whole team. After Wilkens was let go Portland blew up the team and a healthy Walton made Dr. Jack a genius.

Fred Brown played several seasons under Lenny.

Last edited:
Walton is a millionaire for life. Who gives a fuck?

You posted about it, so you must.
Make that two fucks I don't give. :slap:

Having a bad day? Maybe you should go out a play with the other little kids and get off mommy's computer little girl.
My mommy died in 1988 and I'm reporting you for attacking my family. Bye-bye.

Lol! I didn't attack anyone, except you, you loser.

Forum List

Back