Could Ron Paul leave the Republican Party?

I disagree as the feeling is more "anyone but Obama" than "Paul or no one". Bozo the Clown would be better than giving Obama another 4 years. Hell, I'd even take Dubya back over Obama. Gary Johnson is going to withdraw from the Republican race and go Libertarian, but his numbers were so low, it won't make a difference in the final race.

In the Libertarian circles I observe, many of them want to completely ignore the fact that Gary Johnson is running in 2012 on the Libertarian ticket. The only times Johnson gets a mention are the following:

1.) He should step down and endorse Ron Paul in 2012, and run in 2016.

2.) He would be a good Vice Presidential candidate for Ron Paul.

I've seen arguments that supporting Johnson in 2012 would be a dumb move because it takes votes away from Paul.

I have to wonder though whether or not they see the irony that they're using the same line of logic that I often see Libertarians criticize Democrats or Republicans making every election cycle about "wasting their vote".

Johnson isn't as strong as Paul in some areas to libertarians, namely foreign policy:

From his website: "The U.S. must make better use of military alliances which allow greater sharing of the human and financial burdens at less cost of protecting national interests."

Many of us don't condone "military alliances" whatsoever.

And that's why we call you guys fanatics.

Forum List

Back