Could Rachel Maddow's job be in danger? MSNBC's parent company, NBC, is not happy with Maddow.

I seriously doubt NBC is going to get rid of her. She's got decent ratings, and her show is one of the ones that they run again on the weekend. Not every NBC reporter with a show gets that treatment.

I seriously doubt NBC is going to get rid of her. She's got decent ratings, and her show is one of the ones that they run again on the weekend. Not every NBC reporter with a show gets that treatment.

OP seems to have found a YouTube talking head wannabe and thinks that's a "source". :lol:

If a network were getting ready to show one of their hosts the door they also wouldn't be publicizing them on late night talk shows like Fallon.

There ain't no such thing as bad publicity. However anticlimactic that particular show was, it created buzz, and buzz creates ratings. Some wags have no idea how mass media works.

If it's a slow enough news week that she gets mocked on SNL ---- she's hit paydirt. :eusa_dance:

Comcast which owns NBC Universal, the parent company of NBC, is trying to move right to take advantage of Disney's disastrous move left even with ESPN. Since Maddow and Scarborough's combined ratings are barely a rounding error in gross, much less, net revenue this could get real interesting.

Comcast which owns NBC Universal, the parent company of NBC, is trying to move right to take advantage of Disney's disastrous move left even with ESPN. Since Maddow and Scarborough's combined ratings are barely a rounding error in gross, much less, net revenue this could get real interesting.

I keep telling y'all ----------- mass media companies don't move "right' or "left". They move UP.
Nobody makes money with lateral moves. And making money is all they care about.

I keep telling y'all ----------- mass media companies don't move "right' or "left". They move UP.

Which appealing to the left generally doesn't.

Rachael Maddow does a great job and has four years of steady work humiliating our President on a daily basis

Which appealing to the left generally doesn't.

You're prolly right. They need Gullibles.

egg3_zps6wscu5xc.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back