Could not use “stand your ground defense” because she’s black

R

rdean

She said she had made it to the garage but could not leave when she realized she did not have her keys and the garage door was not working.
She said she then grabbed her gun, for which she said she has a concealed weapons permit, with her fear heightened by her husband's history of abusing women, including her. She said she went back inside and again met her husband in the kitchen where he then threatened her life.
"I was terrified from the first encounter and feared he came to do as he threatened," she wrote. That's when she said Gray "charged" at her.
"In fear and a desperate attempt, I lifted my weapon up, turned away and discharged a single shot in the wall up the ceiling."

NAACP weighs in on what they say is a 'Stand Your Ground' case against Jacksonville woman | jacksonville.com

What happened to Marissa Alexander sure sounds a lot like ‘standing your ground‘: her abusive husband came after her, choked her, and when she finally broke free, she grabbed a gun fired a singlewarning shot into ceiling … so why is she set to serve 20 years in jail?

Yes, there’s the rage-inducing fact that Zimmerman who allegedly pursued and killed Trayvon Martin was allowed to walk free that night while Alexander is going to spend 20 years of her life in prison for a single warning shot.

MELISSA ALEXANDER COULD NOT USE “STAND YOUR GROUND DEFENSE” BECAUSE SHE’S BLACK

She has a master's degree.

Her husband had a restraining order.

She had never been arrested before.

She has three small children.

Her husband said, "If I can't have you, no one can".

Her husband admitted he assaulted not only her, but his other four girlfriends.

Her baby is 9 days old.

Where are all those white people who screamed to free Zimmerman?

There is NOTHING in the link that even remotely connects the claim that because she is black she could not use the defense. If you read it you would know that. Your title and your claim are simply lies.

Obviously, there is more to this story.

And that's why the D.A. charged her. :cool:

Of course there is. For one thing, she wasn't standing her ground. She left the argument, abandoned her defense, went home, got a gun came back and shot at hubby AND two children.

U.S. News - Marissa Alexander gets 20 years for firing warning shot after Stand Your Ground defense fails

It had nothing to do with being black. She was charged with THREE counts of aggravated assault because she shot at children who had nothing to do with her fight.

Don't you just LOVE it when these assholes come up with more racebaiting.

Better get Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton on the next bus down to her house and alert the politicians... Oh, wait. They are all black. Never mind.

Forum List

Back