Could LA Be Going A Bit Overboard?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I don't even know where to begin highlighting or bolding. Each piggy for himself.

http://jeffsadow.blogspot.com/2005/09/stuck-on-stupid-ii-golden-rule.html

2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I believe Hannity did the math on what that breaks down to based on NO's population before KAtrina. If every citizen of NO returned to the city, that would mean that they would each receive $500,000 per PERSON!! Not family. Not couple. Per person. Damn i wish a flood would destroy my whole area so that i could make a quick $500k off of uncle Sam.

This mindset sickens me. We got hurt so give us money. Nevermind the fact that insurance is set to pay out billions of dollars for all those that had it. Nevermind the fact that these people chose to live in a floodplain. LA wants $250 billion from the rest of us schlubs to rebuild.

How much do you want to bet that if they got the full $250 bil, that 95% of it would never make it to reconstruction projects? Im willing to place all $250 billion on a double or nothing wager. I can't lose. These greedy SOB's see a money pile and are salivating over the possibilities.

And the one thing i better not see is a new tax called "Katrina Tax" or some such bullshit to pay for this. Disaster taxes never recind once the disaster is paid for. Take for example the Johnston flood back in the 1930's of PA. They enacted a state tax to help pay for the relief effort. To this day, that tax is still on the state books. None of that money collected has even seen Johnstown in the last 50 years but it is collected nonetheless.

http://pittsburgh.about.com/b/a/191827.htm

DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN WITH KATRINA!!!