Could Jesus Have Used A GPS

If there is a god....which I strongly doubt, why would he leave the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of goat herders who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat. That's a problem for me.

It would be akin to a young father turning over the only copy of the family records to a two year old child. It doesn't compute and it never will.

You keep claiming to be knowledgible about Christianity and then conversely claim that the Apostles were a bunch of Goatherders. There wasnt a single one to my knowledge that was a goatherder.

Nor have I seen any evidence that the Twelve believed the earth was flat.

You don't understand why the Lord would choose humble people to share his word because you have no tried to be humble. The Lord shows His power by using the weak and the foolish of the world to thrash the nations.

After all, those you consider foolish are easily thrashing you.

If there is a god....which I strongly doubt, why would he leave the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of goat herders who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat. That's a problem for me.

It would be akin to a young father turning over the only copy of the family records to a two year old child. It doesn't compute and it never will.
Satan thanks you for your mindless support, but you will lose in the end.

The Christian threat...."You'll Die And Go To Hell!"

Bullshit and Horse cock
You will, unless you repent and accept Jesus as your savior, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Satan's mission will fail, no matter how passionately you serve him.

You don't get it do you

That's exactly what happened. Nobody had a clue about the earth being round until about 600-700 AD. They continued to torture and kill witches till the late 1600's. It ain't rocket science.....you just have to expand what you're reading to things besides the totally antiquated bible.

Really? Because the Greeks were teaching the earth was round arund the 6th century BC. In case you are unaware, BC stands for before Christ. So people knew the world was round aprox 6 centuries before Christ was born.

Of course, it wasn't proved until the 16th century when Ferdinand Magellan's crew sailed around the world.

Kind of blows your theory doesn't it?

If a loving caring god left the only keys to the kingdom...........................

John 14
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

..........with a bunch of totally ignorant primitives he has one helluva sense of humor.

so what your saying is that the only way there can be a God is if man has figured out everything? That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard. Do you have any idea how ignorant we still are of the world around us? We are about as primitive as those dumb "goat herders" you complain about (who as Ive pointed out, never existed).

The only difference between us and them is we have the benefit of, and access to millenia more knowledge of human history. And yet there are still ignoramouses who want to ignore the wisdom our forefathers gave us because they think they are smarter. We wouldnt have the knowledge we do without them.

The only way to prove the bible is by referencing the bible...superstitious nonsense from the stone age. The whole foolish mess only proves one thing, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute!"

Not true at all. One can learn the same way Peter did: God can reveal it to them.

You see, you've failed to comprehend that the scriptures teach a living breathing God. One that has His hands in the affairs of man and who will teach those who humble themselves before Him and seek Him out with sincerity of heart.

You refuse to do that, so you have not recieved a witness for yourself. Others who are humble and experiment on the word as God invites us all to do, can learn for themselves that God is real. The Lord has invited us all to "Prove him" to demonstrate that He will Keep His promises.

The Christian threat...."You'll Die And Go To Hell!"

Bullshit and Horse cock

No. There is no Christian threat. Death and Hell are an inevitable consequences of the Fall and sin.

The Gospel is simply the good news that we can overcome death and hell through the Atonement and Resurrection of Christ.

See the Christian message isn't a threat. It's the news that we can overcome nature. We can overcome our spiritual and physical decay.

You keep claiming to be knowledgible about Christianity and then conversely claim that the Apostles were a bunch of Goatherders. There wasnt a single one to my knowledge that was a goatherder.

You don't understand why the Lord would choose humble people to share his word because you have no tried to be humble. The Lord shows His power by using the weak and the foolish of the world to thrash the nations.

The twelve.................

That's where the real truth begins. There were six known historians in the world at that time and other than Josephus who barely mentioned him there's nothing anywhere to corroborate all the myths, legends, old wives tales and outright lies in the new testament. It would be like Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle never being mentioned by the NY sports writers. A Jewish scam that they wrote but do not even believe themselves.

1) The church required infant baptism for a thousand years. After people began to doubt that a loving god would burn an infant in eternal hell and protested...the church stopped requiring it. The scripture is still there

2) The church hunted down, tortured and killed young women who had been accused of witchcraft for thousands of years. When ordinary people reali ed that there is no such thing as a witch the church stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

3) The church tolerated and often accomodated slavery for thousands of years but when the "Free Man" concept began they shut up. The scripture is still there.

4) The church required the submission of women and kept them pregnant and at home for thousands of years but after the various women's movements demanded equality the church stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

5) After preaching hundreds of billions of hell fire and brimstone sermons across thousands of years when the public began to reject the eternal flames concept guess what....the church began to say it was all a misunderstanding and translation problem so we now have a flame free hell. The scripture is still there.

6) The church has condemned homosexuality and been responsible for the torture and killing of enormous numbers of human's who were born a certain way and had to either hide their lifestyle or falsely reject it. This has continued since the gospel was first preached but now modern lifestyles have even accomodated membership for many homosexuals. The scripture is still there.

Religion is a man's game written in their own interest and anyone who fails to see the truth in the conceived image of primitive mankind and the similarities to their made up god which reflects their own weakness has either been brainwashed with the ancient folklore or is naive.

If the south sea islands are included there are more than 4,000 ancient gods being worshipped today. Take the Christian faith and consider all the denominations, conventions, sects, cults, sub cults, etc. and add another 44,000 ways to believe the ancient lies.

Virgin birth, son of god savior of the world, crucifiction, resurrection......that same fable was told all over N. Africa and the middle east numerous times beginning 3000 years before the Jewish version in ancient Egypt.

Like I said....read something besides the bible.

That's where the real truth begins. There were six known historians in the world at that time and other than Josephus who barely mentioned him there's nothing anywhere to corroborate all the myths, legends, old wives tales and outright lies in the new testament. It would be like Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle never being mentioned by the NY sports writers. A Jewish scam that they wrote but do not even believe themselves.

1) The church required infant baptism for a thousand years. After people began to doubt that a loving god would burn an infant in eternal hell and protested...the church stopped requiring it. The scripture is still there

2) The church hunted down, tortured and killed young women who had been accused of witchcraft for thousands of years. When ordinary people reali ed that there is no such thing as a witch the church stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

3) The church tolerated and often accomodated slavery for thousands of years but when the "Free Man" concept began they shut up. The scripture is still there.

4) The church required the submission of women and kept them pregnant and at home for thousands of years but after the various women's movements demanded equality the church stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

5) After preaching hundreds of billions of hell fire and brimstone sermons across thousands of years when the public began to reject the eternal flames concept guess what....the church began to say it was all a misunderstanding and translation problem so we now have a flame free hell. The scripture is still there.

6) The church has condemned homosexuality and been responsible for the torture and killing of enormous numbers of human's who were born a certain way and had to either hide their lifestyle or falsely reject it. This has continued since the gospel was first preached but now modern lifestyles have even accomodated membership for many homosexuals. The scripture is still there.

Religion is a man's game written in their own interest and anyone who fails to see the truth in the conceived image of primitive mankind and the similarities to their made up god which reflects their own weakness has either been brainwashed with the ancient folklore or is naive.

If the south sea islands are included there are more than 4,000 ancient gods being worshipped today. Take the Christian faith and consider all the denominations, conventions, sects, cults, sub cults, etc. and add another 44,000 ways to believe the ancient lies.

Virgin birth, son of god savior of the world, crucifiction, resurrection......that same fable was told all over N. Africa and the middle east numerous times beginning 3000 years before the Jewish version in ancient Egypt.

You keep reposting the same old bull to support your delusion. LIAR

You keep reposting the same old bull to support your delusion. LIAR

The deluded are those who think primitive mankind had some kind of special inroads to the supreme creator of the universe who put two naked teens in a garden with a snake to determine the eternal fate of his own creatures. That's not just absurd it's totally ridiculous!

There aren't that many mentions of Jerusalem outside of Josephus, who was born after Jesus died, does that mean that Jerusalem did not exist, or just that it was not important at the time?

By the way, many historians count Luke as one of the best of the time. Not that facts are going to change your mind.

Luke the Evangelist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I still don't know which church you are talking about. Both the Catholic and the Greek Orthodox church still recognize infant baptism, which church is it that stopped using it?

Thousand of years?

By the way, the church was the government when they burned witches, it isn't now. Do you think that might have something to do with it?

What is it with you and your complete distortion of history? Which church are you talking about that has been around for thousands of years?

I really want to know which church you are talking about. I see a lot of things that could be attributed to the Catholic church, but you have the time frame completely off. Even if I followed Catholic doctrine that Jesus started the Catholic church it has not been around for 2000 years yet.

So what?

You can complain about what I read right after you stop reading whatever it is you are reading and start reading actual history books. Sailors knew the Earth was not flat long before Jesus was born, scientists even figured out a way to measure it before then, yet you keep insisting that everyone thought it was flat.

Didn't Need One!

He never traveled more than 60-80 miles from his birthplace and that was either walking or on board a jackass. Hard to say about the middle east 2000 years ago but there are a lot of inbreds in similar scenarios. I wonder if he could pick a banjo.

sure, like Spartacus needed a Piper Cub......:rolleyes:

There are a mere 6 historians in the world and your shocked that they were unable to document everything that happened in every part of the world?

Well, since the thousands of historians now living didn't write down that i took a piss this morning it must not have happened. Do you really have any idea how stupid your argument is?

Except there is no scripture that supports infant baptism. It's not there. Infant baptism was a relatively late development in the Church.

As mentioned before, there are alot of people out there claiming to be witches. Some post on this board, I believe. I suppose we should let them know that they don't really exist. I know if I didn't really exist, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

Oh and there is no scripture stating that anyone is to hunt down and torture witches. Nor is there much evidence of the Church doing anything of the sort. You see the Church, for the most part, didn't have the jurisdiction to take a life. Only the States did.

It was the Churches that lead the revolution to end slavery. Nice attempt to pretend otherwise.

Could you point out the scripture where we are commanded to keep women pregnant and at home? Oh yeah you cant.

And yet you can't provide the scripture.

The churches still condemn homosexuality. See sin hasnt stopped being sin merely because you want to pretend otherwise.

And there is no scripture advocating torturing or killing anyone born a certain way.

Religion is a man's game written in their own interest and anyone who fails to see the truth in the conceived image of primitive mankind and the similarities to their made up god which reflects their own weakness has either been brainwashed with the ancient folklore or is naive

Got you. You're smarter than everyone. You know better, you just have to lie to argue your points because your so smart.

So? There are people who dont believe in God at all. Crazy isnt it?

You think the virgin birth is outrageous? Modern science could inpregnate a virgin and you think its absurd to believe that an all knowing all powerful God could? Do you know how stupid that sounds?

Crucifiction? Do you somehow deny that the Romans executed by crucifiction? According to history it was started around 600 BC. That would be alot later than "3000 years before some Jewish version in ancient Egypt". I recommend math.

The promise of the Resurrection has been with man since the Fall of Adam. The Lord revealed to Adam and his posterity the Plan of Redemption which provides for overcoming physical death.

I do. All the time. Perhaps you should consider reading the Bible sometimes. Your ignorance of it is astounding.

Oh and for the record, I know ive responded to all of your accusations before. It's nice to see you stick with the same lies even after being corrected.

The deluded are those who think primitive mankind had some kind of special inroads to the supreme creator of the universe who put two naked teens in a garden with a snake to determine the eternal fate of his own creatures. That's not just absurd it's totally ridiculous!

No. What's deluded is thinking you are somehow better than "primitive mankind" because you live in modern society.

Campbell I think I'm going to become a believer just so that you and I have nothing in common.

We get it, you're a non-believer, and you're insecure. You don't have to keep reinforcing those 2 things.

Campbell I think I'm going to become a believer just so that you and I have nothing in common.

We get it, you're a non-believer, and you're insecure. You don't have to keep reinforcing those 2 things.

It is massively annoying to have someone as ignorant as him arguing your side of the issue, isn't it. That explains why I so rarely defend my faith, I have idiots on my side that make me want to become an atheist.

May I suggest Mormonism to really piss him off?:)

It is massively annoying to have someone as ignorant as him arguing your side of the issue, isn't it. That explains why I so rarely defend my faith, I have idiots on my side that make me want to become an atheist.

I feel the same way sometimes. On politics as well.

I feel the same way sometimes. On politics as well.

Come on over:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature."~ Dr. Albert Einstein ~

Didn't Need One!

He never traveled more than 60-80 miles from his birthplace and that was either walking or on board a jackass. Hard to say about the middle east 2000 years ago but there are a lot of inbreds in similar scenarios. I wonder if he could pick a banjo.

sure, like Spartacus needed a Piper Cub......:rolleyes:

But he WAS a guy. If he coulda had one you know he woulda!

Didn't Need One!

I'm bored with you.

I used to find humor in negging your stupid ass bullshit every chance I got.

But, ya know what?
You're no longer worth my bandwidth.

You claim to have been raised in a church, so I know that you are aware that the Bible tells you that the ONLY sin God doesn't forgive is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
This is exactly what you have chosen to do in your, so-called, "later years".

You have been taught but have chosen to dismiss.
That, "old man", in blasphemy.

I don't say this as a "gotcha" remark or to rub anything in your face, but:

I will pray for you.
:eusa_pray:

Meanwhile your pathetic ass is on Ignore
:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back