Could Jesus Have Used A GPS

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
Didn't Need One!

He never traveled more than 60-80 miles from his birthplace and that was either walking or on board a jackass. Hard to say about the middle east 2000 years ago but there are a lot of inbreds in similar scenarios. I wonder if he could pick a banjo.

Last edited:
jesus-hates-you.jpg

Didn't Need One!

He never traveled more than 60-80 miles from his birthplace and that was either walking or on board a jackass. Hard to say about the middle east 2000 years ago but there are a lot of inbreds in similar scenarios. I wonder if he could pick a banjo.

Yes, isn't it funny how our documented historical timeline of mankind shows the growing populous around the globe and the increase of technology and how it effects our lives?

Do you think that God doesn't know all things, just because He didn't use a man-made GPS at that time? Funny that.

He told us in His Word what will happen as time passed....and of course it still and always will hold true:

Daniel 12:4 KJV - But thou O Daniel shut up the words and - Bible Gateway

Daniel 12:4
4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Daniel 12:4 sound familiar?

Didn't Need One!

It's been said that after the Resurrection, Yeshua went to India, and there they called Him Issa which also means "Son of Light".

But, seeing who His Father is, I don't think He would have needed it.

Didn't Need One!

Yes, isn't it funny how our documented historical timeline of mankind shows the growing populous around the globe and the increase of technology and how it effects our lives?

Do you think that God doesn't know all things, just because He didn't use a man-made GPS at that time? Funny that.

He told us in His Word what will happen as time passed....and of course it still and always will hold true:

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

If there is a god....which I strongly doubt, why would he leave the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of goat herders who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat. That's a problem for me.

It would be akin to a young father turning over the only copy of the family records to a two year old child. It doesn't compute and it never will.

There is speculation that He also traveled through Europe - even as far as the United Kingdom. There's a hymn about it... 'Jerusalem'.

And did those feet in ancient time.
Walk upon England's mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God,
On England's pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In England's green & pleasant Land

Didn't Need One!

If there is a god....which I strongly doubt, why would he leave the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of goat herders who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat. That's a problem for me.

It would be akin to a young father turning over the only copy of the family records to a two year old child. It doesn't compute and it never will.

What do you mean He left the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of goat herders who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat?

Who taught you such things? Was it from "men" who we all know are capable of lying, including ourselves?

It all comes back to faith in who Jesus Christ is. Do we believe Him and what is said in God's Word that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life? That He died for all the sins of the world? (you, me, every soul). That we cannot redeem ourselves, but that God, knowing we all stumble, loves us so much that He made away to help us? Do we believe that good news, and if so, how can we? Nothing wrong with asking Him ourselves either, to help us understand. Be careful though, He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him :)

Or do we believe that is all made up only for a "feel good" type of thing? If so, how do we account for our fallen state and how we are fully capable of hurting one another, and the "choice" of loving others or not?

What IS the Gospel of Jesus Christ... have you heard the good news?

What are the essentials of the gospel message? <link

Question: "What are the essentials of the gospel message?"

Answer: The word “gospel” means good news, and it is best defined as the message of forgiveness for sin through the atoning work of Jesus Christ. It is essentially God’s rescue plan of redemption for those who will trust in His divine Son in order to be reconciled to a just and holy God. The essential content of this saving message is clearly laid out for us in the Bible.

In the Apostle Paul’s first letter to the Corinthians, he lays out the content of the gospel message, “Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures” (1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

In this passage, we see three essential elements of the gospel message. First, the phrase “died for our sins” is very important. As Romans 3:23 tells us, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” The reality of sin needs to be acknowledged by all who approach the throne of God for salvation. A sinner must acknowledge the hopelessness of his guilt before God in order for forgiveness to take place, and he must understand that the “wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). Without this foundational truth, no gospel presentation is complete.

Second, the person and work of Christ are indispensable components of the gospel. Jesus is both God (Colossians 2:9) and man (John 1:14). Jesus lived the sinless life that we could never live (1 Peter 2:22) and, as such, He is the only one who could die a substitutionary death for the sinner. Sin against an infinite God requires an infinite sacrifice. Therefore, either man, who is finite, must pay the penalty for an infinite length of time in hell, or the infinite Christ must pay for it once. Jesus went to the cross to pay the debt we owe to God for our sin and those who are covered by His sacrifice will inherit the kingdom of God as sons of the king (John 1:12).

Third, the resurrection of Christ is an essential element of the gospel. The resurrection is the proof of the power of God. Only He who created life can resurrect it after death, only He can reverse the hideousness that is death itself, and only He can remove the sting that is death and the victory that is the grave’s (1 Corinthians 15:54-55). Further, unlike all other religions, Christianity alone possesses a Founder who transcends death and who promises that His followers will do the same. All other religions were founded by men and prophets whose end was the grave.

Finally, Christ offers His salvation as a free gift (Romans 5:15; 6:23), that can only be received by faith, apart from any works or merit on our part (Ephesians 2:8-9). As the Apostle Paul tells us, the gospel is "...the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile" (Romans 1:16). The same inspired author tells us, "If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9).

These, then, are the essential elements of the gospel: the sin of all men, the death of Christ on the cross to pay for those sins, the resurrection of Christ to provide life everlasting for those who follow Him, and the offer of the free gift of salvation to all.

Didn't Need One!

He was borne in Bethlehem, and went to Egypt. That, believe it or not, is over 90 miles.

Didn't Need One!

It's been said that after the Resurrection, Yeshua went to India, and there they called Him Issa which also means "Son of Light".

But, seeing who His Father is, I don't think He would have needed it.

There is speculation that He also traveled through Europe - even as far as the United Kingdom. There's a hymn about it... 'Jerusalem'.

And did those feet in ancient time.
Walk upon England's mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God,
On England's pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In England's green & pleasant Land

The Mormons have you both beat.

dummmbell is not content with having his own views on the question of religion.

He finds it endlessly necessary to prattle on and on against anyone who dares have a belief he does not share and cannot understand.

Dummmbell, ya fucking dipstick, nobody gives a fuck what you believe or don't believe. Why do you care so much that some other folks believe when you don't and can't?

Are you ACTUALLY trying to talk believers into accepting your narrow-minded world view? :cuckoo:

:lmao:

What do you mean He left the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of goat herders who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat?

Don't blame him, he obviously believes Columbus proved the Earth was round. Unfortunately for his theory, Eratosthenes measured the circumference of the Earth 200 years before Jesus was born. That means that Paul, being an educated man, not only knew the Earth was round, he knew how big it is.

Didn't Need One!

"If there is a god" then your existence is proof he/she is perverted!

dummmbell is not content with having his own views on the question of religion.

He finds it endlessly necessary to prattle on and on against anyone who dares have a belief he does not share and cannot understand.

Dummmbell, ya fucking dipstick, nobody gives a fuck what you believe or don't believe. Why do you care so much that some other folks believe when you don't and can't?

Are you ACTUALLY trying to talk believers into accepting your narrow-minded world view? :cuckoo:

:lmao:

He's serious competition for dumbest fuck on the board. That's pretty damned impressive.

Don't blame him, he obviously believes Columbus proved the Earth was round. Unfortunately for his theory, Eratosthenes measured the circumference of the Earth 200 years before Jesus was born. That means that Paul, being an educated man, not only knew the Earth was round, he knew how big it is.

I believe the Bible alludes to the earth being round. When the second coming is talked about, it says that one will be working and another in his bed sleeping. ( roughly quoted) Since they didn't have anything but lamps, most likely that reference is to different sides of the globe.

According to the Book of Enoch Moses was take up to the sky in a craft of some kind and when telling about this he said: "thereupon i saw the whole round of the earth, at once the depth of the earth and then the vast altitudes of the heavens".

The Book of Enoch is not part of the Christian Bible.

Last edited:

[/QUOTE]

You don't get it do you

That's exactly what happened. Nobody had a clue about the earth being round until about 600-700 AD. They continued to torture and kill witches till the late 1600's. It ain't rocket science.....you just have to expand what you're reading to things besides the totally antiquated bible.

If a loving caring god left the only keys to the kingdom...........................

John 14
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

..........with a bunch of totally ignorant primitives he has one helluva sense of humor.

You don't get it do you

That's exactly what happened. Nobody had a clue about the earth being round until about 600-700 AD. They continued to torture and kill witches till the late 1600's. It ain't rocket science.....you just have to expand what you're reading to things besides the totally antiquated bible.

If a loving caring god left the only keys to the kingdom...........................

John 14
6 Jesus answered, &#8220;I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

..........with a bunch of totally ignorant primitives he has one helluva sense of humor.[/QUOTE]

Around 330 BC, Aristotle maintained on the basis of physical theory and observational evidence that the Earth was spherical.[62]
The Earth's circumference was first determined around 240 BC by Eratosthenes. Eratosthenes knew that in Syene, in Egypt, the Sun was directly overhead at the summer solstice, while he estimated that the angle formed by a shadow cast by the Sun at Alexandria was 1/50th of a circle. He estimated the distance from Syene to Alexandria as 5,000 stades, and estimated the Earth's circumference was 250,000 stades.[63] Subsequently, ignorance of the size of a stade caused problems both to the Arabs and to Christopher Columbus.

The Terrestrial Sphere of Crates of Mallus (ca. 150 B.C.).In the 2nd century BC, Crates of Mallus devised a terrestrial sphere which divided the Earth into four continents, separated by great rivers or oceans, with people presumed to be living in each of the four regions.[64] Opposite the oikumene, the inhabited world, were the antipodes, considered unreachable both because of an intervening torrid zone (equator) and the ocean. This took a strong hold on the medieval mind.

Lucretius (1st. c. BC) opposed the concept of a spherical Earth, because he considered that in an infinite universe there was no center towards which heavy bodies would tend, thus he considered the idea of animals walking around topsy-turvy under the Earth to be absurd.[65][66] But by the 1st century AD, Pliny the Elder was in a position to claim that everyone agrees on the spherical shape of Earth,[67] although there continued to be disputes regarding the nature of the antipodes, and how it is possible to keep the ocean in a curved shape. Pliny also considers the possibility of an imperfect sphere, "shaped like a pinecone".[67]
Ptolemy derived his maps from a curved globe and developed the system of latitude, longitude, and climes. His Almagest was written in Greek and only translated into Latin in the 11th century from Arabic translations. But once it was known, it remained the basis of European astronomy throughout the Middle Ages.

In late antiquity such widely read encyclopedists as Macrobius (4th c.) and Martianus Capella (5th c.) discussed the circumference of the sphere of the Earth, its central position in the universe, the difference of the seasons in northern and southern hemispheres, and many other geographical details.[68] In his commentary on Cicero's Dream of Scipio, Macrobius described the Earth as a globe of insignificant size in comparison to the remainder of the cosmos.[68]

Flat Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

You don't get it do you

John 14
6 Jesus answered, &#8220;I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

..........with a bunch of totally ignorant primitives he has one helluva sense of humor.

Around 330 BC, Aristotle maintained on the basis of physical theory and observational evidence that the Earth was spherical.[62]
The Earth's circumference was first determined around 240 BC by Eratosthenes. Eratosthenes knew that in Syene, in Egypt, the Sun was directly overhead at the summer solstice, while he estimated that the angle formed by a shadow cast by the Sun at Alexandria was 1/50th of a circle. He estimated the distance from Syene to Alexandria as 5,000 stades, and estimated the Earth's circumference was 250,000 stades.[63] Subsequently, ignorance of the size of a stade caused problems both to the Arabs and to Christopher Columbus.

The Terrestrial Sphere of Crates of Mallus (ca. 150 B.C.).In the 2nd century BC, Crates of Mallus devised a terrestrial sphere which divided the Earth into four continents, separated by great rivers or oceans, with people presumed to be living in each of the four regions.[64] Opposite the oikumene, the inhabited world, were the antipodes, considered unreachable both because of an intervening torrid zone (equator) and the ocean. This took a strong hold on the medieval mind.

Lucretius (1st. c. BC) opposed the concept of a spherical Earth, because he considered that in an infinite universe there was no center towards which heavy bodies would tend, thus he considered the idea of animals walking around topsy-turvy under the Earth to be absurd.[65][66] But by the 1st century AD, Pliny the Elder was in a position to claim that everyone agrees on the spherical shape of Earth,[67] although there continued to be disputes regarding the nature of the antipodes, and how it is possible to keep the ocean in a curved shape. Pliny also considers the possibility of an imperfect sphere, "shaped like a pinecone".[67]
Ptolemy derived his maps from a curved globe and developed the system of latitude, longitude, and climes. His Almagest was written in Greek and only translated into Latin in the 11th century from Arabic translations. But once it was known, it remained the basis of European astronomy throughout the Middle Ages.

In late antiquity such widely read encyclopedists as Macrobius (4th c.) and Martianus Capella (5th c.) discussed the circumference of the sphere of the Earth, its central position in the universe, the difference of the seasons in northern and southern hemispheres, and many other geographical details.[68] In his commentary on Cicero's Dream of Scipio, Macrobius described the Earth as a globe of insignificant size in comparison to the remainder of the cosmos.[68]

Flat Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/QUOTE]

LOL....nice try. The church was torturing and killing people during the medieval ages for advocating a round earth:

OTcosmos.jpg

Forum List

Back