Could Guns Really Be Effectively Banned in America?

So, people stating their OPINION that guns should be banned means that guns will be banned

Alinsky must be proud of you daveman.....you have learned well

You make definitive statements. They get easily refuted and shoved back up your ass. Then you back off like now and make excuses all while doing the two-step.

As the child among us weighs in....

Let me explain how it works and then you can pretend you are one of the adults on the board.

This is America. We have a FIRST AMENDMENT which allows you to voice your opinion on the SECOND AMENDMENT.
We also has a legislative process that is responsible for passing laws. It is these laws that would initiate the confiscation of all guns. Given that there is no legislation currently in the works that calls for complete confiscation of 270 million guns we can safely say that NOBODY IS TRYING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS

Now, let me make it simple for you.........OPINION IS NOT LEGISLATION

Except Obama said he would use the full weight of his office to STOP any further attacks, only one way to stop them and that would be ban all guns and somehow confiscate all guns.

Nobody is looking for a total gun ban no matter how much bullshit the NRA throws at you
Jonesy made that claim. He was wrong, too.

So, the Daily Kos and Salon are trying to take your guns

Time to go on full nutball alert
You're wrong. Your refusal to admit it does not alter that fact, no matter how petulantly you stamp your feet and throw your little tantrum, child.

No. "Prohibition" doesn't work, as we have seen over and over again.

no one is going to ban all guns.

that is just right wing bullshit.

We may just end up banning semis.

We know all the tuff talkers here will just hand them over no matter how much they pretend they will start a civil war over it.

no one is going to ban all guns.

that is just right wing bullshit.

We may just end up banning semis.

We know all the tuff talkers here will just hand them over no matter how much they pretend they will start a civil war over it.

Based on current interpretation of the 2nd amendment a ban on all semi-automatics would be illegal.

obama wants to end the free speech so we have the movie somehow dubbed into arabic and distributed to mosques in the middle east.

obama wants to repeal the Second Amendment and we have several incidents of mass shootings, but all in areas where the people have been disarmed.

obama wants to ban drilling in the Gulf and there's an almost immediate explosion on Deepwater Horizon.

The big winner in all these tragedies is obama.

"Most Republicans and many Democrats, including Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, are firm allies of the group.

Opinion polls have found Americans to be divided on the issue even after other high-profile shooting incidents.

U.S. lawmakers have not approved a major new gun law since 1994.

Feinstein said her planned legislation would outlaw the high-capacity magazines and military-style assault rifles that have factored in many recent mass shootings, including Friday's massacre in Newtown, Connecticut. People who own such weapons now would not be required to give them up, Feinstein said."

Democrats vow to push for gun control measures in Congress | Reuters

Nobody is looking for a total gun ban no matter how much bullshit the NRA throws at you

No shit. There NRA whack jobs are just an all or nothing bunch of idiots.

Either we all need to be carrying or the guvmint is gonna take away ALL guns.

Fuking idiots.

And the NRAers are in this position BECAUSE they would do NOTHING to promote sensible gun control. So the ceded the entire gun control debate to crazies with guns and those that don't like guns at all.

Brillant.

I NEED my 50 round magazine!
I need to go to gunshows and pick up whatever I want with no verification
I NEED to make sure the second amendment rights of crazy people are not violated

You forgot making sure criminals can get guns just as easily as law abiding citizens.

Its obscene that NRA and rabid gun nuts are running around screeching that the sky is falling.

Remember, just after Columbine, NRA and that old whore, Charlton Heston scheduled a gun show at Englewood, Colorado -- just to rub people's noses in it. They wanted to make the point that they were more powerful that a few dead kids and they did.

No shit. There NRA whack jobs are just an all or nothing bunch of idiots.

Either we all need to be carrying or the guvmint is gonna take away ALL guns.

Fuking idiots.

And the NRAers are in this position BECAUSE they would do NOTHING to promote sensible gun control. So the ceded the entire gun control debate to crazies with guns and those that don't like guns at all.

Brillant.

I NEED to make sure the second amendment rights of crazy people are not violated

You forgot making sure criminals can get guns just as easily as law abiding citizens.

Its obscene that NRA and rabid gun nuts are running around screeching that the sky is falling.

Remember, just after Columbine, NRA and that old whore, Charlton Heston scheduled a gun show at Englewood, Colorado -- just to rub people's noses in it. They wanted to make the point that they were more powerful that a few dead kids and they did.

"President Barack Obama campaigned on gun control in 2008, but he has expanded gun rights in his first four years in office, signing legislation that would allow people to carry weapons on Amtrak trains and in national parks."

They just want to ban the effective weapons. Like semi automatics. Which is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Devils advocate question....

Effective at what? I'm guessing that most people who have guns for self defense haven't found a way to put an assault rifle in a nightstand or hip holster.

obama wants to end the free speech so we have the movie somehow dubbed into arabic and distributed to mosques in the middle east.

obama wants to repeal the Second Amendment and we have several incidents of mass shootings, but all in areas where the people have been disarmed.

obama wants to ban drilling in the Gulf and there's an almost immediate explosion on Deepwater Horizon.

The big winner in all these tragedies is obama.

Why do you keep writing the same lies, over and over? And to say that somehow, President Obama orchestrated any of these tragedies is indecent and disgusting - even for you.

There's not even a tidbit of truth in your post but if you really believe what you've written, post PROOF.

"President Barack Obama campaigned on gun control in 2008, but he has expanded gun rights in his first four years in office, signing legislation that would allow people to carry weapons on Amtrak trains and in national parks."

But the liars ignore that. They want to believe that Obama wants their guns so they have no choice but to ignore the FACTS.

Yes there are people looking for a total ban, they are just smart enough not to say it.

The one ban that may try to gain traction is a ban on semi automatic rifles, given the scary boo boo name "assault rifle."

if there are, i'd think they are a miniscule and ineffective minority.

but every time people try to have rational discussions on the issue of guns and how to deal with them in a common sense manner, the right goes full tilt bozo.

Liberals know most conservative gun owners would turn in their guns to obey the law and prevent being arrested, but their fellow liberal scum in the criminal element of society will keep their guns.

The same can be said about assault weapons.....we can play this game all day long.

Criminals won't turn in their assault weapons, handguns, shotguns, knives, etc.....whatever you ban, they won't turn it in....because they don't care.

They just want to ban the effective weapons. Like semi automatics. Which is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Effective at what? I'm guessing that most people who have guns for self defense haven't found a way to put an assault rifle in a nightstand or hip holster.

why is that a "devil's advocate question"? it's the right question. it's a rational question.

Liberals don't want to ban all guns, they just want to make so impossibly difficult to get one that only the wealthy will be able to own them.

why is that a "devil's advocate question"? it's the right question. it's a rational question.

While I agree that there's no good reson to own a semi-automatic rifle (except to show off), until the SCotUS changes their interpretation of the 2nd amendment I have the right to show off my unnecessary weapons.

You make definitive statements. They get easily refuted and shoved back up your ass. Then you back off like now and make excuses all while doing the two-step.

As the child among us weighs in....

Let me explain how it works and then you can pretend you are one of the adults on the board.

This is America. We have a FIRST AMENDMENT which allows you to voice your opinion on the SECOND AMENDMENT.
We also has a legislative process that is responsible for passing laws. It is these laws that would initiate the confiscation of all guns. Given that there is no legislation currently in the works that calls for complete confiscation of 270 million guns we can safely say that NOBODY IS TRYING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS

Now, let me make it simple for you.........OPINION IS NOT LEGISLATION

Except Obama said he would use the full weight of his office to STOP any further attacks, only one way to stop them and that would be ban all guns and somehow confiscate all guns.

Why don't rw's know that we have three branches of our government?

Why don't they know that the only gun legislation the president has signed was a move to loosen gun control?

More than anything else, why don't rw's care more about human beings than they care about their high capacity magazines, tear gas canisters and their ability to kill a little 6 year old with 11 bullets?

BTW, has even one pubpot politician made even ONE teeny weeny sound of sympathy for those people? Surely, by now, one of them has come forward to pretend they give a damn for the deaths of those babies? Surely, by now, they've been rehearsing their lies that they don't get MILLIONS of dollars from the gun cartel that controls this country.

Its devils advocate because I don't hold a position in this fight.

Sure they are. They are just smart enough not to say so. Progressives have always been working on overthrowing the Constitution one inch at a time.

Forum List

Back