Could Giving women right to vote, have caused America's social problems?

Nickoma99

Rookie
Dec 6, 2010
Ohio,US
I heard someone say 1920 was the collapse of American society due to women voters.
He had a good argument and it wasn't because of the way women vote.

Because politicians needed to come up with policies to get the female vote in election years they started creating policies that would attract feminine interest. Not necessarily policies good for the country.

The Development of
Child protection laws "As they are written"
Child labor laws
A Number of Criminal Laws " Assault, Ect"
I can't remember what else but i just curious and want some others opinion
"This is not Necessarily my view point and i can't blame just one thing on our countries social dis function"

I heard someone say 1920 was the collapse of American society due to women voters.
He had a good argument and it wasn't because of the way women vote.

Because politicians needed to come up with policies to get the female vote in election years they started creating policies that would attract feminine interest. Not necessarily policies good for the country.

The Development of
Child protection laws "As they are written"
Child labor laws
A Number of Criminal Laws " Assault, Ect"
I can't remember what else but i just curious and want some others opinion
"This is not Necessarily my view point and i can't blame just one thing on our countries social dis function"

I would attribute our current predicament to the abandonment of principle. There is no fooling with cause and effect, only ourselves.

The cause of the deterioration of American society was not sufferage but the love of money!

Right time period. Wrong Amendment.

The amendment that's caused the most problems is the 17th amendment.

No. It didn't cause any problems. In fact, it helped things quieten down quite a bit in America.

Right time period. Wrong Amendment.

The amendment that's caused the most problems is the 17th amendment.

I know right, directly electing your public officials is plain stupid...

I'll say that at times the institution that is the Senate and the way its structured is a problem.

My first guess was that this thread was going to be an attack on PoliticalChic. :lol::lol::lol:

Nope just curious it could go a lot of social down fall in this country stems from multiple sources. Please Stay with me but i don't mean this to be sexiest

If women hadn't the right to vote then most of the woman's rights movements and female independence wouldn't have gained traction. Thus we would have less women in the work place and more fully functional families. The job market would have more openings for men to work. inflation wouldn't rise cause can't charge more if families don't have it to spend. Children would be raised by parents and not by baby sitters and schools the government wouldn't have been able to pass laws that pertain to how we raise our families.
Years ago if you had a argument with another man and it went to far you took it out side. men and boys didn't talk so much Crap and people respected each other cause you just might get hit. If it did end up in a fight then everyone went home now some one gets sued jailed and losers coming back with a gun.
Would that kinda law passed or been enforced without someone looking for the female vote.
I took this straight from this guys E-mail i had to track it down in my deleted folder but he raised some plausible points

Forum List

Back