Could Bernie's ego lose the presidency and take the Senate off the table?

On the left, I think they have more worries about Bernie running as an Independent. He and his supporters are expressing outrage at the nomination process claiming that it's rigged.

Of course until Cruz dropped out, there was the same outrage on the right as well. But that's been calmed down quite a bit.

Sanders running as an Independent (which he actually is) would guarantee a President Trump.

Remember, when Ralph Nader did this, we got George W. Bush. Trump would be worse.
There are a few factors that are hindering Hillary's chances of democratic unity and Bernie's refusal to drop from the race is not one of them. These are the factors:

1) Bernie popularizing his progressive positions that Hillary does not share

2) Hillary is quite unpopular on both side of the aisle. Americans do not trust her.

3) The DNC and the some of the media is corrupt. They have been undermining Bernie since the beginning. It's not to say I don't think Hillary has beat him fair and square, i just question by how much. We question the outcomes on a few of the primaries primarily in NV, NY, and AZ.

I also question how Hillary gained the support of the super delegates in the very early stages of the race.

On the left, I think they have more worries about Bernie running as an Independent. He and his supporters are expressing outrage at the nomination process claiming that it's rigged.

Of course until Cruz dropped out, there was the same outrage on the right as well. But that's been calmed down quite a bit.

Sanders running as an Independent (which he actually is) would guarantee a President Trump.
Bernie isn't stupid. He knows a third party run would be a disasterous idea. If he had any confidence in such an idea, he would have run as an independent from the beginning.

Remember, when Ralph Nader did this, we got George W. Bush. Trump would be worse.

Bernie Sanders is NOT going to run as an Independent! The problem for Clinton is that it's quite likely that a percentage of Sanders supporters are going to be so turned off by what they perceive as a "fixed" nomination process...that they don't turn out to vote for Hillary next November.

Bernie isn't stupid. He knows a third party run would be a disasterous idea. If he had any confidence in such an idea, he would have run as an independent from the beginning.

Let's be honest here, Billy...I don't think even in his wildest dreams that Bernie Sanders thought his Presidential bid would last more than a few months. The only reason it has is that Hillary Clinton is a TERRIBLE candidate!

Let's be honest here, Billy...I don't think even in his wildest dreams that Bernie Sanders thought his Presidential bid would last more than a few months. The only reason it has is that Hillary Clinton is a TERRIBLE candidate!
I agree even he is surprised, but to say his rise is solely because of Hillary's shortcomings is completely stupid. The strength of his campaign from the beginning has been unprecedented:

1) He's raised more in campaign donations than any republican candidate and he did it without the help of a super PAC. Had Hillary or any other republican gone this true grassroots route, their campaigns would be severely underfunded (obviously Trump's self funding is the exception to this). He also holds the record of the most individual campaign contributions than any US candidate in history.

2) Since the beginning he has beaten every republican in hypothetical match up polls.

3) He has the highest favorability rating than any candidate in the race.

Suck on that.

I agree even he is surprised, but to say his rise is solely because of Hillary's shortcomings is completely stupid. The strength of his campaign from the beginning has been unprecedented:

1) He's raised more in campaign donations than any republican candidate and he did it without the help of a super PAC. Had Hillary or any other republican gone this true grassroots route, their campaigns would be severely underfunded (obviously Trump's self funding is the exception to this). He also holds the record of the most individual campaign contributions than any US candidate in history.

2) Since the beginning he has beaten every republican in hypothetical match up polls.

Suck on that.

Is Sander's "favorability rating" high because what he's proposing is so great...or is it high because Hillary is scared to attack him on it...and Trump loves having him running against Clinton and so he won't slam him for his pie in the sky promises either?

I'm sorry but what Bernie is proposing doesn't stand up to scrutiny. If he were to run on that platform against a GOP opponent who simply pointed out how the numbers don't even come CLOSE to working...he would go down in flames!

Suck on that.

Is Sander's "favorability rating" high because what he's proposing is so great...or is it high because Hillary is scared to attack him on it...and Trump loves having him running against Clinton and so he won't slam him for his pie in the sky promises either?
Actually polls show that Bernie is considered the most honest candidate in the race.

Suck on that.

Actually polls show that Bernie is considered the most honest candidate in the race.

What's sad is that Bernie seems to honestly believe that you can do all the freebies he's promising and somehow pay for them. Just saying...

I'm sorry but what Bernie is proposing doesn't stand up to scrutiny. If he were to run on that platform against a GOP opponent who simply pointed out how the numbers don't even come CLOSE to working...he would go down in flames!
I agree the numbers on his healthcare plan don't add up, but you're being ridiculous if you think republicans' plans do add up. For one thing, no republican in this race has proposed a tax plan to pay for any of the shit they are proposing. You have noticed that right? Trump's ideas alone would cost trillions. Even though Bernie's healthcare plan wouldn't be adequately paid for, at least he actually had a tax policy proposed to pay for it.

Suck on that.

What's sad is that Bernie seems to honestly believe that you can do all the freebies he's promising and somehow pay for them. Just saying...
His education plan could EASILY be paid for. Do you even know how much we spend on our defense budget? Seriously do you have any idea?

I agree the numbers on his healthcare plan don't add up, but you're being ridiculous if you think republicans' plans do add up. For one thing, no republican in this race has proposed a tax plan to pay for any of the shit they are proposing. You have noticed that right? Trump's ideas alone would cost trillions. Even though Bernie's healthcare plan wouldn't be adequately paid for, at least he actually had a tax policy proposed to pay for it.

It not just Bernie's healthcare plans, Billy...it's his plan to provide free college education that's got the young people so jazzed up. How do you pay for that?

It not just Bernie's healthcare plans, Billy...it's his plan to provide free college education that's got the young people so jazzed up. How do you pay for that?
That's so easy. You just cut our ridiculously bloated defense budget. We spend 2 trillion on it per year. His college plan would cost, at most, 100 billion per year.

So at a time when we're locked in a fight to the death with Islamic extremists...you want to start stripping the US military budget? I guess you COULD, Billy but in doing so you'd be ignoring one of the things that a President is sworn to do...namely defend the nation. Hate to tell you but ISIS and Al Queda aren't going anywhere. The first major terror attack and the US electorate will be screaming to be protected.

The NOUB supporters will never vote for Mrs. Rodham-Clinton/Lewinsky.

Some MAY vote for Trump - perhaps to spite those who would take away their free stuff.

But various state rules make an official independent run highly unlikely.

So what's a Nutty Old Uncle Bernie nutcase to do?

Write Him In and remember to put their mark in the box next to the written-in name.

Yeah, that should be enough to finish off any non-Sanders Democrat candidate though since it won't be the presumptive would-be enabler-in-chief....then perhaps they will become ever more "reactive" and vote with their weapons instead or just their ballots.

Maybe $20/hour George will come to regret.....

Forum List

Back