Could announcing Combat is over bite Obama in the ass.

What a dumbshit you are. Is that supposed to be a parallel? REALLY? Go back to recess, Spanky.

Thank you. This was a very useful post, and it very much so contributed to the advancement of the topic of this thread.:eusa_liar:

It was every bit as useful as your "I am an island unto myself" posts. If you want to compare apples and anvils, go back to the Sports Forum.

:slap:
Now you are making things up.:cuckoo:

Saying something is "our fault" implies responsibility. That's the English language for you. Attack the message, not the messenger.

You know. you might have an argument if I actually said it was "our fault". I didn't. You're welcome to search all of my posts in this thread and link to where I ever said "our fault". Go ahead, I'll wait. :eusa_whistle:

When you fail at that task, go here. Reading Rockets: Text Comprehension

moron

There is the old saying of, "if you break it, you buy it". Saddam may have been a son of a bitch, but he kept things in check in Iraq. As it is now, the different religious factions are free to fight each other for superiority and turn it into another Saudia Arabia or Iran. We had no business sticking our nose where it didn't belong and it will bite us. Not Obama, not Bush........us.
It was implicit. (So in other words, your message IMPLIES it was our fault. )Welcome to the world where even if you didn't state something explicitly verbatim, the subtext is there.

Saying something is "our fault" implies responsibility. That's the English language for you. Attack the message, not the messenger.

You know. you might have an argument if I actually said it was "our fault". I didn't. You're welcome to search all of my posts in this thread and link to where I ever said "our fault". Go ahead, I'll wait. :eusa_whistle:

moron

D-d-duh... Adults (grown ups) know that even if something isn't explicitly stated in those exact words, the implicit statement is in the message.

D-d-duh... Children see everything in black and white to where if something isn't explicitly stated, it isn't there. Deceptive children will even make an implicit statement and then try to deny it.

You are one of those children. The funny part is that you actually believe yourself, and that's called "compulsive lying." Go look that up in your reading comprehension link.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

moron

I believe you meant "Moran".

Within 30 minutes of making my post here, I got 1,100+ rep points from 6 posters for it. They got it. You didn't. Seems you are the only person reading between the lines and putting words into someone else's mouth that they didn't say. Go find a stump to argue with......maybe you'll win.

Within 30 minutes of making my post here, I got 1,100+ rep points from 6 posters for it. They got it. You didn't. Seems you are the only person reading between the lines and putting words into someone else's mouth that they didn't say. Go find a stump to argue with......maybe you'll win.

<You must spread some reputation around before giving it to kwc57 again>

Sorry, dude.

Announcing that the Combat is over may try to bite Obama in the ass, but it will first have to push aside the small (and shrinking) army of brown nosers who are still shoved up it.

Within 30 minutes of making my post here, I got 1,100+ rep points from 6 posters for it.
That's the basis of your self-proclaimed sense of righteousness? Would you like to be prom queen too?
They got it. You didn't.
:lol:
Seems you are the only person reading between the lines and putting words into someone else's mouth that they didn't say.
The very fact that you are so defensive proves my hypothesis.
Go find a stump to argue with......maybe you'll win.
I think I already have. It just so happens you are a stump that talks back.:cuckoo:

Hmmmm.....sounds an awful lot like nation building to me....

We did have a responsibility to the People of Iraq, after Our forces took out the Government, which was neglected. Where was the fucking State Department during that extended period of time??? Masturbating???

And why did we take out their government? What was their threat to the US?

Peace loving Saddam was no threat to us in any way. Ask Michael Moore. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is the old saying of, "if you break it, you buy it". Saddam may have been a son of a bitch, but he kept things in check in Iraq. As it is now, the different religious factions are free to fight each other for superiority and turn it into another Saudia Arabia or Iran. We had no business sticking our nose where it didn't belong and it will bite us. Not Obama, not Bush........us.

We should NEVER have been involved in this, and whatever unrest will come to Iraq, as well as Iran, will be OUR fault.

Wrong. We should never stopped the first invasion. Why not call Hell, and ask to speak to Saddam? I want his opinion.

I take no responsibility for the invasion of Iraq. There is no "us" in this. I was not a policy maker, and I didn't stick my nose where it didn't belong. If you choose to feel a misplaced sense of guilt, you are more than welcome to carry the weight of responsibility solely on your own shoulders. :cuckoo:

Reality check for everyone else.

I don't see that post the way you do. I saw it as 'regardless of the stupid decision made to start that war, the people whom it will bite in the butt is us". (and the iraqis... and the israelis... and saudi arabia... and egypt... and any other country that relied on iraq to keep iran in check.

i feel no 'guilt' about the war. i feel extraordinary resentment about it.

Why not blame Carter then??? ;) I do. :lol: :lol: :lol: Good point on checks and balances though.

Last edited:
We should NEVER have been involved in this, and whatever unrest will come to Iraq, as well as Iran, will be OUR fault.
:eusa_whistle:

I don't supposed the Iraqis are HUMAN BEINGS, and some of the burden of responsibility for their actions is ON THEM. Or are you trying to juvenilize the Iraqi people? If so, doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

Are you serious? We destroyed their country and their government. They have no one to lead them. Whether we liked Saddam Hussein or not, he did provide them with leadership and seemed to keep Iran at bay. Now, look what we got in that region....

Yeah, where was the State Department other than cashing paychecks????? Real good job there. ;)

Who is this collective "we" you are talking about? I did not vote for Bush. I did not hold political office and vote to go to war. I take no responsibility. What is your ideology? Collectivism?

I am nothing like you, I am an individual, and I don't take responsibility. And I do think the elected officials hold that responsibility.

Sorry. I am an American. While I may not have agreed with Bush and his inane invasion, as an American, I do hold responsibility for my country's actions. Based on your retort, I am guessing you are one of the new Palin/Beck "partiots"?

We are all responsible..

We got too tied up in Patriotism and giving Bush free rein to "Go get the bad guys". Nobody asked the tough questions, nobody questioned the pat answers

Nobody asked "Why the Fuck are we invading Iraq?"

Get real. You guys have not stopped undermining every effort since Bush took office. Sock Puppet. Sorry to interrupt your Twilight Zone episode, but you need a reality check. Nobody questioned????? You have yet to shut up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The invasion was wrong whether under Bush or any other President who could have been elected in 2001. Bush the Elder knew that invading Iraq without the ability to rebuild the nation as were Germany and Japan was not possible without overwhelming troop strength and coalition support after victory. General Shenseki told Rumsfeld the same thing and was retired. The wrong war in the wrong time with the wrong enemy with the wrong allies with the wrong corporations support: we the American people were taken for a ride.

The invasion was wrong whether under Bush or any other President who could have been elected in 2001. Bush the Elder knew that invading Iraq without the ability to rebuild the nation as were Germany and Japan was not possible without overwhelming troop strength and coalition support after victory. General Shenseki told Rumsfeld the same thing and was retired. The wrong war in the wrong time with the wrong enemy with the wrong allies with the wrong corporations support: we the American people were taken for a ride.

Debatable, on multiple points. Personally, I would have chosen differently, focusing on a working model in Afghanistan. Circumstance, and a changing climate pushed or rushed the commitment. That said Saddam was in violation of the Sanction's, how many of our so called allies were receiving oil from Iraq. Fact, Saddam was so sure France could continue to stall and delay us, right up until the bombs started dropping. The Invasion was like nothing before it in scope and ability. What was the big fail is what came later. That was the big disconnect. Where was the plan for the most basic of services? Where was The State Department. Where was the focus and how much did the bitching over here serve to distort it further. How many countries on this planet do you know, other than Us and our few closest allies give a Rat's ass about reconstructing what is destroyed in war?????

None of that excuses what happened. The key factor (other than the moronic decision of "Oh, boy, let's go to war with Saddam!!!!") was the admin's refusal to follow Shinseki's advice. Fifty years from now, I believe historians will point out that Shenseki's contrary advice to Congress led Rumsfeld to firing the general and the losing of the great opportunities that an overwhelming victory in peace that could have been made.

None of that excuses what happened. The key factor (other than the moronic decision of "Oh, boy, let's go to war with Saddam!!!!") was the admin's refusal to follow Shinseki's advice. Fifty years from now, I believe historians will point out that Shenseki's contrary advice to Congress led Rumsfeld to firing the general and the losing of the great opportunities that an overwhelming victory in peace that could have been made.

Just out of curiosity Jake, have you read "American Soldier" by Tommy Frank? If so, what was your take on it??? I found only one point troubling.

I have not read it. Let me get a several reviews online and I will be back on this.

Forum List

Back