Could a 77-year-old man defeat Obama?

I believe that Obama is a lot stronger than he looks. He will be very difficult to unseat. The power of incumbency, his ability to read the teleprompter, and his overall likeability, make him a formidable opponent. I caution conservatives to not get overconfident.

I like our odds, but I don't like overconfidence! Stay thirsty my friends!

50553_104198290097_5724362_n.jpg

Well....of course you are mostly correct. You couldn't resist the impulse to toss in the teleprompter dig, but other than that, a valiant attempt at a reasonable post.

I believe that Obama is a lot stronger than he looks. He will be very difficult to unseat. The power of incumbency, his ability to read the teleprompter, and his overall likeability, make him a formidable opponent. I caution conservatives to not get overconfident.

Well....of course you are mostly correct. You couldn't resist the impulse to toss in the teleprompter dig, but other than that, a valiant attempt at a reasonable post.

Have you heard the "great orator" off prompter? :lol:

Sure. He's perfectly fine without a prompter. Best example....when he took his message to the GOP retreat a couple of years ago. He does press conferences and town-hall meetings all the time. You have bought into a dumb talking point regarding this issue.

The guy is very intelligent and he is a very good communicator. Attacking him for this is really just a tactic.

Welll ... IF the president is a person, that person must be at least 35 years old, a natural born citizen, yada yada.

But I don't see where it says that the president has to be a person.

:eusa_eh:

Wait. Can a corporation become President?

Why even bother? Better to hire some dumbass politition that has no morals and only cares about himself. Then you can just buy him and have him do what you want. It avoids the whole problem of public scrutiny and accountability.

Sure. He's perfectly fine without a prompter. Best example....when he took his message to the GOP retreat a couple of years ago. He does press conferences and town-hall meetings all the time. You have bought into a dumb talking point regarding this issue.

The guy is very intelligent and he is a very good communicator. Attacking him for this is really just a tactic.

Well, I don't think he is "very intelligent". I think he is of average intelligence.

The whole idea that Obama is some "brilliant" guy is very easy to rebut if you look at his own statements; 57 states with one to go, corpse-men, speaking the Austrian language, America was founded 20 centuries ago, Canada has a President, once claimed that an entire town was destroyed and 10,000 people died (12 died, town still standing), said that we need to use our Iraqi translators in Afghanistan....the list goes on and on.......:lol:

As for his use of the teleprompter- I think he relies on it far too much. In my opinion it is pure laziness. He used a teleprompter to give a 30 second speech....to grade schoolers! What's up with that?
:lol:

Welll ... IF the president is a person, that person must be at least 35 years old, a natural born citizen, yada yada.

Wait. Can a corporation become President?

Why would they? Better to just keep buying them as they have been. Then you get the power of the presidency but none of the accountability or transparency.

Well, I don't think he is "very intelligent". I think he is of average intelligence.

The whole idea that Obama is some "brilliant" guy is very easy to rebut if you look at his own statements; 57 states with one to go, corpse-men, speaking the Austrian language, America was founded 20 centuries ago, Canada has a President, once claimed that an entire town was destroyed and 10,000 people died (12 died, town still standing), said that we need to use our Iraqi translators in Afghanistan....the list goes on and on.......:lol:

As for his use of the teleprompter- I think he relies on it far too much. In my opinion it is pure laziness. He used a teleprompter to give a 30 second speech....to grade schoolers! What's up with that?

I suppose this is the BS you are referring to with that last sentence:

snopes.com: Obama Uses Teleprompter for Speech to 6th Graders

Regarding gaffes and mistakes. The dude has made a few. It is nice that he has caring, concerned patriots out here making sure to keep track of them. But.....the dude is a brilliant man. Saying otherwise opens you up to charges of jealousy and extreme bias.

Regarding gaffes and mistakes. The dude has made a few. It is nice that he has caring, concerned patriots out here making sure to keep track of them. But.....the dude is a brilliant man. Saying otherwise opens you up to charges of jealousy and extreme bias.

What makes him brilliant?

The real question: Is the main reason you would vote for Obama over someone you liked or that is better than Obama because they happen 77+?

What really gets me is that when It comes to Ron Paul most take a position of attack that has nothing to do with Paul's policy but the way he looks, or his age... VS lets say Obama where it's 100% policy that has destroyed the man.

The real question: Is the main reason you would vote for Obama over someone you liked or that is better than Obama because they happen 77+?

What really gets me is that when It comes to Ron Paul most take a position of attack that has nothing to do with Paul's policy but the way he looks, or his age... VS lets say Obama where it's 100% policy that has destroyed the man.

That is ridiculous.

His problems are 100% policy related.

Nothing to say about the speech to grade-schoolers, huh?

That is ridiculous.

His problems are 100% policy related.

Like?

My mistake. Obama is positively "brilliant" when speaking to grade school children. He even can answer their questions without a single teleprompter! (keep in mind that clowns, fart jokes, and doo-doo have the same mesmerizing effect on grade school children)

Your turn.

My mistake. Obama is positively "brilliant" when speaking to grade school children. He even can answer their questions without a single teleprompter! (keep in mind that clowns, fart jokes, and doo-doo have the same mesmerizing effect on grade school children)

Your turn.

That was easier for you than admitting that you bought a line of bullshit....and then repeated it. I get it. I'd be embarrassed if I learned that I was THAT gullible as well.

Doesnt matter how old he is, I am willing to bet he is in better shape then half the people on this board. He is active and excercises daily. He is a doctor so he knows how to take care of himself.

Ron Paul would kick the crap out of half the people on this board, just like he is going to bring a can of whop ass to washington with him.

Ron Paul bringing down the axe of justice and fiscal responsibility on the empty heads of big government conservatives!

Your turn.

That was easier for you than admitting that you bought a line of bullshit....and then repeated it. I get it. I'd be embarrassed if I learned that I was THAT gullible as well.

We all make mistakes. I saw the photo- and since Obama uses the Teleprompter so often - it looked legit.

That being said, I don't really care if he uses a teleprompter- but some people are pimping the meme that he's some "great orator". He's not. But he does read well...

PS- if you voted for him you bought a line of bullshit yourself....:lol:

So, do tell. What makes Obama such a "brilliant" man?

Last edited:
The squirrel in my front yard could beat Obama.

The election is ours to lose.

Does the constitution require the President to be human? That's the real question.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Hello? It starts off with NO PERSON...

Does the constitution require the President to be human? That's the real question.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Hello? It starts off with NO PERSON...

Right. So?

No person can be president unless they meet certain requirements. So those are the requirements if the candidate for the office is a person.

But it doesn't say no squirrel can be president.

Those pesky founding fathers. Not knowing how willing people today would be to ignore common sense.

Forum List

Back