Cough syrup cuz *cough* *cough*

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
WP_20170601_004.jpg
WP_20170601_007.jpg
WP_20170601_008.jpg
WP_20170601_009.jpg
the first batch made two pints it was lovely. It helped with bronchitis and a sore throat but I liked to take it as a precautionary measure as well. You can never be too preventative.

this is better. Equal parts honey and jim beam 90 proof, some lemon juice and peppermint candy. Nom.

I uh..... Ooooo.... Ima all kinds of sick. *snorfle*

or does it bolster the lungs and clear the constitution...

Doctors really did prescribe booze to patients, during prohibition entire families would get a script for booze.

I get that tomorrow, but I had oral surgery Wed. and these hydros just aren't killing the pain...
plus they make one irritable.

take your Motrin too and drink water and rest. Sleep helps healing.

I have not had recent oral surgery and am in no more pain than usual...slightly less in fact. My medicine is perfectly sufficient for me now and in fact makes me restful.
I had a long, productive, stressful and tiring day. Tomorrow night I will be by a fire at a campground stuffed into a tiny campsite within arm's reach of hundreds if other campers squeezed together on a tiny plot of land in the midst of beautiful forests, dunes, etc that we aren't allowed to mess with.i will need a lot of medicine.

I get that tomorrow, but I had oral surgery Wed. and these hydros just aren't killing the pain...
plus they make one irritable.

take your Motrin too and drink water and rest. Sleep helps healing.

I have not had recent oral surgery and am in no more pain than usual...slightly less in fact. My medicine is perfectly sufficient for me now and in fact makes me restful.
I had a long, productive, stressful and tiring day. Tomorrow night I will be by a fire at a campground stuffed into a tiny campsite within arm's reach of hundreds if other campers squeezed together on a tiny plot of land in the midst of beautiful forests, dunes, etc that we aren't allowed to mess with.i will need a lot of medicine.
I'll say, that is why I bought 43 acres so I don't have to share when camping.

Doctors really did prescribe booze to patients, during prohibition entire families would get a script for booze.
Alcohol is a muscle relaxant and cough suppressant. Yes the prescribed it...it was also a prominent ingredient in many medicine. My mother, an excellent nurse who worked in ICU at the hospital in Los Alamos NM...in a hospital run by nuclear power ;) told me the treatment for premature labor was intravenous alcohol.she told me if i need to stop labor when far away from the hospital to take a few jolts :)

Alcohol is a muscle relaxant and cough suppressant. Yes the prescribed it...it was also a prominent ingredient in many medicine. My mother, an excellent nurse who worked in ICU at the hospital in Los Alamos NM...in a hospital run by nuclear power ;) told me the treatment for premature labor was intravenous alcohol.she told me if i need to stop labor when far away from the hospital to take a few jolts :)
I'll remember that the next time I get pregnant.. I have GERD and booze doesn't get along with it..So I had to give it up 3 years ago...My fav was tequila, no salt, just the lemon.

Forum List

Back