Costliest year in disasters on record

• Banned
For the United States, 98 events (storms, flooding, fires and earthquakes) left $27 billion in economic losses

Hmm, are you submitting this as proof of "Global Warming"? If not then I've heard there is this little thing called "Insurance" that you can buy to cover unexpected losses. Apparently you can insure almost anything.

100 years ago a town could get wiped out and that's the way it goes... Today a block/street gets wiped out and it costs 30 million dollars.

So what's the point of the thread that people have insurance on near everything?

Today beaches are covered with insured homes where as 100 years ago people knew at some point the ocean would destroy that home and you would have nothing... People live near volcanoes by the thousands, live in areas that are earthquake prone, flood prone and it's all because when it get destroyed they claim insurance... So yes, it will cost more.

100 years ago a town could get wiped out and that's the way it goes... Today a block/street gets wiped out and it costs 30 million dollars.

So what's the point of the thread that people have insurance on near everything?

Today beaches are covered with insured homes where as 100 years ago people knew at some point the ocean would destroy that home and you would have nothing... People live near volcanoes by the thousands, live in areas that are earthquake prone, flood prone and it's all because when it get destroyed they claim insurance... So yes, it will cost more.
Some people only post links with little or no commentary so we have to try to "read the mind" of the OP to determine why it it was posted.

I think this is one of those times.

I think the OP is saying that the $27 billion would be better spent on the poor instead of participating in natural disasters.

Why hasn't Obama tamed these natural disasters? I thought he was going to control the sea levels?

Maybe it (the OP) is trying to blame economic losses on natural disasters? Like rebuilding does not create thousands of jobs and get money moving... IE the recovery would have happened if it were not for that damn storm last week!

Forum List

Back