Costa Rica steamed over South Park episode

FifthColumn

Rookie
Jan 11, 2011
Costa Rican government officials don’t think South Park is one bit funny. Why? Because a recent episode places the characters in the Carribean country declaring, among other things, that it smells…”like ass”:
The main characters, a group of children, are on a trip to San San José, capital of the Central American country, aboard a bus from which a teacher shows them the city.
The woman explains that Costa Rica is a third world country, as the children observe through the windows prostitutes, shantytowns and trash, and they complain of the smell “of ass” that they detect in an unidentified government building.
Government officials are not amused. According to Spain’s 20 Minutos, Costa Rica’s Tourism Minister, Carlos Benavides, put it like this:
“We should look at it as the trash that it is. It’s a program of that nature on a network designed for people with a lowly upbringing and bad customs.

Costa Rica steamed over South Park episode | VivirLatino

-------------------------------------------------

The truth stinks!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=085B6UgNo90&feature=related[/ame]

The ass in CR smells great. :tongue:

Attachments

• $rszguapa.jpg
    $rszguapa.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 78
I think that that might have been the very first episode of South Park I ever saw.

I just about laughed myself off my chair when it became apparent how much Cartman hated hippies.

Costa Ricans are stupid enough to watch South Park?
Lord help them, they have no more future than the USA does.

Where will Rush move to now?

I wonder if the Costa Ricans know what "ass" is? It could mean "wonderful smelling mommasita" in Costa Rican Spanish.

Forum List

Back