Cost of saving jobs

steeliniraq

Sep 22, 2007
NC
Out of interest does anyone know what the cost ratio is for the amount of money we spent on stimulus to jobs created is?

Out of interest does anyone know what the cost ratio is for the amount of money we spent on stimulus to jobs created is?

Sure, here are a few :eek:

The latest report filed by Indiana with the federal government has more than $1.2 billion in stimulus money being spent by all state agencies with more than 3,500 jobs created, close to $350,000 spent per job.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/money/job_news/indiana-receives-$1.2b-in-stimulus-money-from-fed.-to-create-more-jobs

So, if the $16 billion in federal stimulus contracts generated 30,383 direct jobs, how many indirect jobs were created or saved? We asked the White House, which told us they believe that for each direct job created or saved, there is one indirect job. Assuming that's right, that $16 billion created or saved some 60,000 jobs — which still clocks in at $267,000 per person

Stimulus Math: $533,000 Per Job Saved or Created? - EconWatch - CBS News

Never mind the absurdity of measuring “jobs created or saved.” Even if we take the administration at their word, they have spent $232,241 per job “created or saved.”

Obama Stimulus Scandal: Where Has All the Money Gone and Why Does the Media Not Report Blatant Mismanagement and Corruption? | Florida Pundit

A Channel 4 analysis of how the Tennessee Department of Transportation is spending stimulus dollars found that federal taxpayers spent an average of $161,500 per job created and that some paving jobs, which were temporary, cost taxpayers more than $1 million each.

Stimulus Transportation Jobs Cost $161,544 Each - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

I could post dozens and dozens more of how our tax dollars have been used.

I wish some of my out of work friends could find those 160,000.00 or 350,000.00 a year jobs :eusa_whistle:

The latest report filed by Indiana with the federal government has more than $1.2 billion in stimulus money being spent by all state agencies with more than 3,500 jobs created, close to $350,000 spent per job.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/money/job_news/indiana-receives-$1.2b-in-stimulus-money-from-fed.-to-create-more-jobs

Never mind the absurdity of measuring “jobs created or saved.” Even if we take the administration at their word, they have spent $232,241 per job “created or saved.”

Obama Stimulus Scandal: Where Has All the Money Gone and Why Does the Media Not Report Blatant Mismanagement and Corruption? | Florida Pundit

A Channel 4 analysis of how the Tennessee Department of Transportation is spending stimulus dollars found that federal taxpayers spent an average of $161,500 per job created and that some paving jobs, which were temporary, cost taxpayers more than $1 million each.

Stimulus Transportation Jobs Cost $161,544 Each - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

I wish some of my out of work friends could find those 160,000.00 or 350,000.00 a year jobs :eusa_whistle:

So in a nutshell, the cost ratio for the amount of money we spent on stimulus to jobs created is . . . . fuckin' ridiculous.

So in a nutshell, the cost ratio for the amount of money we spent on stimulus to jobs created is . . . . fuckin' ridiculous.

I guess to put it mildly, to tell the truth it is worse than f***** ridiculous

Forum List

Back