Cost of Illegal Immigration, By State

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
map.png

Map doesn't include federal costs.

From NEW MAP: Cost of Illegal Immigration, By State

There are two sides to every accounting ledger. Can you cite the figures for the credit side of the ledger on the issue of undocumented workers?

There are two sides to every accounting ledger. Can you cite the figures for the credit side of the ledger on the issue of undocumented workers?
Let's cite the CBO that will back up the OP.
The Impact of Unauthorized Immigrants on the Budgets of State and Local Governments

Over the past two decades, most efforts to estimate the
fiscal impact of immigration in the United States have
concluded that, in aggregate and over the long term, tax
revenues of all types generated by immigrants—both
legal and unauthorized—exceed the cost of the services
they use.1, 2 Generally, such estimates include revenues
and spending at the federal, state, and local levels.3 However,
many estimates also show that the cost of providing
public services to unauthorized immigrants at the state
and local levels exceeds what that population pays in state
and local taxes.
This is a state by state break down from the CBO. LMFAO

Well, they do pay a bit in sales taxes.

They also produce more work for less money - and employers are spared the expenses of health insurance and unemployment taxes.

Then, when the undocumented goes to the hospital for routine health care, they are charged more as a cash customer than the guy with insurance (whose insurance company negotiates charges.)

The biggest net gain I see is that if you pay a Mexican crew $10,000 for a home improvement job and save half, not only is your house going to be worth more (so your assets are much higher for each dollar spent), but the banks can loan out FOUR TIMES the amount on their books. So, your remodel job generated $40,000 worth of money to be loaned out and you only spent $10,000. Had you let an over-priced, USDA approved, background checked, insured, licensed, bonded, American do the job, it would have cost you twice as much, generated only half what the Mexican crew did to be loaned out by the bank... and worse... worse... all that capital that could have been generated by the Mexican crew is wasted on the American who takes his money, runs to the stores and blows it on crap made in China, Mexico, Japan, Korea, and Viet Nam.

And there is more...

They also produce more work for less money - and employers are spared the expenses of health insurance and unemployment taxes.

Then, when the undocumented goes to the hospital for routine health care, they are charged more as a cash customer than the guy with insurance (whose insurance company negotiates charges.)

The biggest net gain I see is that if you pay a Mexican crew $10,000 for a home improvement job and save half, not only is your house going to be worth more (so your assets are much higher for each dollar spent), but the banks can loan out FOUR TIMES the amount on their books. So, your remodel job generated $40,000 worth of money to be loaned out and you only spent $10,000. Had you let an over-priced, USDA approved, background checked, insured, licensed, bonded, American do the job, it would have cost you twice as much, generated only half what the Mexican crew did to be loaned out by the bank... and worse... worse... all that capital that could have been generated by the Mexican crew is wasted on the American who takes his money, runs to the stores and blows it on crap made in China, Mexico, Japan, Korea, and Viet Nam.

And there is more...

Charged more that they never pay. Bad for hospitals, right?

but the banks can loan out FOUR TIMES the amount on their books.

Banks lend out less than their deposits, not multiples of their deposits.

So, your remodel job generated $40,000 worth of money to be loaned out and you only spent $10,000.

That wouldn't generate anything, I didn't borrow $40,000 to spend $10,000.

And there is more..

Yes, more spending on police, jails, bilingual teachers.

We need to boot the illegals. Spend American dollars on Americans.

And there is more...

You're absolutely wrong about that. I made a living for a few years helping set up payment plans so that foreigners could pay their doctor bills at the hospital. If they didn't, the hospital would not treat them for non-emergency / life threatening situations.

Add to that, if you don't pay the bill, the hospital sends the sheriff to your door to deliver civil papers to sue. The last thing an undocumented foreigner wants to see is a cop at the door.

So, your remodel job generated $40,000 worth of money to be loaned out and you only spent $10,000.

You obviously do not understand finance. We're not talking about deposits. We're talking about what banks own in assets on the books.

As a homeowner, you can spend $10,000 and make your home worth up to $40,000 more in value OR you can hire an overpriced crew, pay $20,000 for the same job and your home will increase $40,000 in value. That's just life.

And there is more..

I agree that we need to spend American dollars on Americans. That is why I hire the cheapest person who can do quality work to remodel my home. IF an American wants the job, they will apply for it and bid accordingly.

Then my assets belong to the bank (i.e. my home) until the cost of remodeling is paid off. The value of that house is holdings that the bank can loan money on, which generates more dollars into our economy.

SOME DAY somebody is going to wake up and realize that there is an abundance of jobs that a person with limited skills can get that pay $25 an hour for all the hours you want to work. You don't have to ship anyone anywhere in order to qualify for the job.

Get yourself a mode of transportation and instead of buying beer, pot, and tickets to concerts and sporting events, go to Home Depot and invest in some tools. Take their free classes and learn how to do something constructive. Then advertise in the lower rent neighborhoods to do handyman work. A few good jobs at a decent price and word spreads.

Once you master the trade, you can work in the higher end neighborhoods for more than twice what you were making two years earlier. It isn't rocket science. If you want a job, there are plenty - and they pay damn good.

And there is more...

You're absolutely wrong about that. I made a living for a few years helping set up payment plans so that foreigners could pay their doctor bills at the hospital. If they didn't, the hospital would not treat them for non-emergency / life threatening situations.

Add to that, if you don't pay the bill, the hospital sends the sheriff to your door to deliver civil papers to sue. The last thing an undocumented foreigner wants to see is a cop at the door.

You obviously do not understand finance. We're not talking about deposits. We're talking about what banks own in assets on the books.

As a homeowner, you can spend $10,000 and make your home worth up to $40,000 more in value OR you can hire an overpriced crew, pay $20,000 for the same job and your home will increase $40,000 in value. That's just life.

And there is more..

I agree that we need to spend American dollars on Americans. That is why I hire the cheapest person who can do quality work to remodel my home. IF an American wants the job, they will apply for it and bid accordingly.

Then my assets belong to the bank (i.e. my home) until the cost of remodeling is paid off. The value of that house is holdings that the bank can loan money on, which generates more dollars into our economy.

SOME DAY somebody is going to wake up and realize that there is an abundance of jobs that a person with limited skills can get that pay $25 an hour for all the hours you want to work. You don't have to ship anyone anywhere in order to qualify for the job.

Get yourself a mode of transportation and instead of buying beer, pot, and tickets to concerts and sporting events, go to Home Depot and invest in some tools. Take their free classes and learn how to do something constructive. Then advertise in the lower rent neighborhoods to do handyman work. A few good jobs at a decent price and word spreads.

Once you master the trade, you can work in the higher end neighborhoods for more than twice what you were making two years earlier. It isn't rocket science. If you want a job, there are plenty - and they pay damn good.

If they didn't, the hospital would not treat them for non-emergency / life threatening situations.

LOL! Prove it.
Add to that, if you don't pay the bill, the hospital sends the sheriff to your door
Juan gave a phony address.​

The bank doesn't own my home, they own the mortgage.

I agree that we need to spend American dollars on Americans.

Boot 11 million illegals and git 'er done!

The value of that house is holdings that the bank can loan money on, which generates more dollars into our economy.

Sorry, unless you borrow more on your house, the bank isn't lending more on it.
Your house could triple in price and it matters not one bit to your bank.

This goes against your claim that they pay $12B into SS. Now you are arguing against your own claims? LMFAO

Really? Do the hospitals look at their skin color to determine they are illegals? Cash usually warrants a discount at the hospital, so please do tell how illegals get charged more for paying with cash. SMFH

And there is more...
The bank doesn't care about the cost of the labor, they only care about the improvement and how much the improvement is. Your home improvement doesn't generate money the bank can loan out. Your only issue is what it costs you, and you are assuming more then anything.

How do you then know those "Mexicans" are illegals?

The bank can't loan money based on your homes equity. It is merely a ledger number. What the bank makes the loan on is your monthly payment, which increases their now cash flow.

The less workers available the higher the wages, benefit to the employee. SHRUG

OK, not everybody wants or does that type of work. Any able bodied person that is unemployed should go out and do something, that is an idea for them.

This has nothing to do with the cost of illegals. SHRUG

And there is more...

And there is more..

If they didn't, the hospital would not treat them for non-emergency / life threatening situations.

LOL! Prove it.

Add to that, if you don't pay the bill, the hospital sends the sheriff to your door

The value of that house is holdings that the bank can loan money on, which generates more dollars into our economy.

Son, I've been inviting people into my office for twenty years. As of today, not a swinging soul has taken me up on the offer. So, my saying it is proof enough. Disprove it.

You obviously do not understand banking. Your home, being held as collateral, is the holdings of that bank. If they are holding the mortgage on your home, they can use its value to loan out money.

And there is more...

And there is more..

Americans cant compete with immigrants from mexico,they work for far less and then send the money back to mexico where they can retire in comfort.
Which of course also fucks the tax base because the money isn't spent here.
That alone blows your whole theory out of the water.

And there is more...

And there is more..

LOL! Prove it.

Son, I've been inviting people into my office for twenty years. As of today, not a swinging soul has taken me up on the offer. So, my saying it is proof enough. Disprove it.

You obviously do not understand banking. Your home, being held as collateral, is the holdings of that bank. If they are holding the mortgage on your home, they can use its value to loan out money.

So, my saying it is proof enough. Disprove it.

You want me to disprove your claim that illegal aliens go to the ER and pay in full? Seriously?

Your home, being held as collateral, is the holdings of that bank.

Yup. They hold the mortgage on my home. They lent me a portion of the value of the home and their loan is secured by that collateral.

If they are holding the mortgage on your home, they can use its value to loan out money.

Umm....they used the value of the home to determine how much to lend me.
They don't get to use my home to loan to someone else too.

There is this big movement of sorts that think it's cool to yell and scream, demanding that we deport the so - called "illegals."

Few, if any, of these extremists stop to consider the costs of their actions.

1) From a purely economic standpoint, undocumented foreigners create jobs and stimulate the economy. That is why big business tolerates them

2) Just because a foreigner is deported does not mean that a job opening will exist. My father owned a business once and when they voted to go union, the old man shut his company down and moved on to greener pastures

3) Deporting millions of people in the manner that the extremists want means that millions of homes and apartments will now be vacant. That will drive the price of houses down (something to think about when you own your own home) and then taxes have to go up. Government don't like laying off bureaucrats

4) The build the wall - deport 'em all advocates refuse at every opportunity to have a constructive discussion about the Rights and Liberties we're being asked to forfeit in order to accommodate this questionable extremism

5) The build the wall - deport 'em all advocates refuse to acknowledge that an employer owns the job he / she creates. So, if the jobs belong to Americans, we have adopted National Socialism. I'm not in favor of it

6) There are ways to resolve this issue without a wall; it won't require mass deportations; it would not require forfeiting our Liberties and Freedoms for the sake of appeasing misguided white supremacists and the legions of people they've duped that act without thinking

7) Getting back to the OP, while there are "costs" to undocumented foreigners being here, there are also dollars to be put into the credit column of the ledger. All NON-PARTISAN studies conclude the costs v benefits ends in either a wash where it all balances out to the undocumented foreigners being a net benefit to the states.

Whether they stay or go is of no major concern of mine. But, if the extremists think they are going take a giant dump on my Rights and Liberties in the process, they are sorely mistaken.

The wall should eventually pay for itself without Mexican help, making the map mostly redundant.

And there is more...

And there is more..

LOL! Prove it.

You want me to disprove your claim that illegal aliens go to the ER and pay in full? Seriously?

Yup. They hold the mortgage on my home. They lent me a portion of the value of the home and their loan is secured by that collateral.

If they are holding the mortgage on your home, they can use its value to loan out money.

You really need to go back to school and learn first how to read and secondly do a course or two in finance and banking.

And there is more..

LOL! Prove it.

You really need to go back to school and learn first how to read and secondly do a course or two in finance and banking.

I buy a $300,000 home with $60,000 down.
The bank lends me $240,000.

The value of my home increases to $400,000.
My loan is still $240,000.

Teach me your banking wisdom by explaining how the bank can suddenly lend more money.

#14's talking points are infested with contradictions.

1.) it's the undocumented foreigners who create jobs

3.) price of houses

The U.S. ID machine is faulty, whilst homeless vets are being murdered in the very city that symbolizes abjection, Las Vegas, or cannot vote because they lack an address, Eugene, Oregon..

The upswing is to create the dream inside the dispossessed and "houseless" with precisely the light at the end of the tunnel, not only in owning real estate but by access to education. Wisconsin's Conservation Corps, mimicking the model of the Civilian Conservation Corps, builds an internalized qualitas that is the lure for the undocumented immigrant. Obama's familial DNA ratios fail to suffice as credibility for creating DACA. What EO arrogance is this, coupled to petroleum addiction in such a perverse way?

LOL! Prove it.

I buy a $300,000 home with $60,000 down.
The bank lends me $240,000.

The value of my home increases to $400,000.
My loan is still $240,000.

Teach me your banking wisdom by explaining how the bank can suddenly lend more money.

Here is your lesson:

Using your example, if I bought that house for $300,000 and put $60,000 down, I owe the bank $240,000.

So, I hire the good old USDA approved, licensed, background checked, insured, bonded, Americans and invest another $20,000 in this home. It's value rises from $300,000 to $340,000. So, when the home is flipped, it is worth more money and the bank loans out more since they are now holding more in assets.

I can take that same $20,000 and hire a cheaper crew, and the value of the home rises to $360,000 and I get more things done in the remodel job. I flip that home and that's another $20,000 the bank gets to loan out over the first crew's bid.

So, I have a house worth more money - more dollars in my pocket. The bank gets more money - more they can charge in interest. Now, here is what is wrong with your argument:

Your USDA approved, licensed, background checked, insured, bonded guy charges more and when he's paid, he is still paying his laborers the same as the guy who charged me less. Then the American contractor goes out and spends that profit he made on shit made in China, Japan, Korea, etc. There is no advantage for me or the bank to pay more for a remodel job given those parameters.

The best solution is for people to realize that an American contractor is not worth the wages you'd pay to a surgeon. If your surgeon screws up, it's your life. If the cheaper re modeler screws up, you sue in civil court and get the job finished or your money back. But, in no event does it make sense to cut a cheaper competitor out of the equation over human registration papers issued by a corrupt government.

Now, if the American contractor offers competitive bids, only spends his money with American companies selling made in America goods and pays his employees a realistic wage, I gladly and deliberately support him.

Forum List

Back