Cost of fossil fuel

As Gas Prices Rise, Republicans Once Again Propose Big Oil ‘Solutions’ That Don’t Solve The Problem

The Keystone XL pipeline could cause gas prices to rise: The Keystone XL pipeline would move dirty Canadian tar sands oil across America for export. It will not improve U.S. oil production. Since it will ship oil past Midwestern refineries toward the Gulf, Bloomberg estimates that it would cause gas prices to increase for some Americans.

– Boosting domestic oil production doesn’t prevent gas price shocks:
As Gas Prices Rise, Republicans Once Again Propose Big Oil 'Solutions' That Don't Solve The Problem | ThinkProgress

I don't know why the fuck I waste my time, but here goes...

Keystone XL will relieve bottlenecks of crude storage at a few points across the West and Midwest. These bottlenecks have suppressed localized prices for that commodity, hurting producers' revenues.

For example, Illinois Basin crude is priced at least $8 below West Texas Intermediate (WTI). In other areas, crude has been priced as much as $15 below market. Keystone pipeline will result in a more efficient distribution of product, and bring prices up to parity with market.

By "producers" I mean Independent producers, not the multi-national integrated companies. The vast majority of oil producers in this country are small family-owned concerns. Much like the small farmers.

The Canadian oil that is ultimately refined and exported (and it's a relatively small percentage) will still create economic output in this country. It will create jobs, it will bring hard dollars INTO this country, it will add to the GDP and it will reduce the balance of payments.

In short- shut the fuck up with this twisted propaganda, bitch.

Go find a hobby for Christ sake.

This thread is garbage.

There is no reason to expect the Keystone will raise gasoline prices.

It's internal politics that creates those trash "studies".. It's a fight over WHICH REFINERIES get connected to the pipeline.. The winners are waaaaaay for it. The losers try to kill it by scaring folks with "soaring prices"..

Truth is -- we haven't built a NEW refinery in this country for 30 Freaking years. And yes we do make money and jobs exporting SOME gasoline.. The answer to the problem is to build NEW refineries as well.

That'll make little ole ladies' heads explode...

You'll be accused of raping the earth.

As Gas Prices Rise, Republicans Once Again Propose Big Oil ‘Solutions’ That Don’t Solve The Problem

The Keystone XL pipeline could cause gas prices to rise: The Keystone XL pipeline would move dirty Canadian tar sands oil across America for export. It will not improve U.S. oil production. Since it will ship oil past Midwestern refineries toward the Gulf, Bloomberg estimates that it would cause gas prices to increase for some Americans.

As Gas Prices Rise, Republicans Once Again Propose Big Oil 'Solutions' That Don't Solve The Problem | ThinkProgress

Keystone XL will relieve bottlenecks of crude storage at a few points across the West and Midwest. These bottlenecks have suppressed localized prices for that commodity, hurting producers' revenues.

For example, Illinois Basin crude is priced at least $8 below West Texas Intermediate (WTI). In other areas, crude has been priced as much as $15 below market. Keystone pipeline will result in a more efficient distribution of product, and bring prices up to parity with market.

By "producers" I mean Independent producers, not the multi-national integrated companies. The vast majority of oil producers in this country are small family-owned concerns. Much like the small farmers.

The Canadian oil that is ultimately refined and exported (and it's a relatively small percentage) will still create economic output in this country. It will create jobs, it will bring hard dollars INTO this country, it will add to the GDP and it will reduce the balance of payments.

You might as well go ram threaded rods through your eyes, H. They wouldn't get it if you broke it to them kindergarten style.

This thread is garbage.

There is no reason to expect the Keystone will raise gasoline prices.

It's internal politics that creates those trash "studies".. It's a fight over WHICH REFINERIES get connected to the pipeline.. The winners are waaaaaay for it. The losers try to kill it by scaring folks with "soaring prices"..

Truth is -- we haven't built a NEW refinery in this country for 30 Freaking years. And yes we do make money and jobs exporting SOME gasoline.. The answer to the problem is to build NEW refineries as well.

That'll make little ole ladies' heads explode...

You'll be accused of raping the earth.

I know.. I feel so dirty just trying to keep the lights on..

I'd LIKE to mandate cars that run off people power.. Like harvesting methane thru the seat cushion or a built in bicycle mode "eco-boost".. It's not that I haven't tried to be green.

Too bad we can't channel "Twitter feeds" into the old gas tank.. You could twit your way to work...

Increased oil production will bring down the price of oil

The Keystone pipeline isn't going to increase oil production.

and the Keystone is going to bring cheap crude to refineries that are set up to handle it.

Based on your assertion that increased oil production will decrease the price of oil, it doesn't matter where the Canadian oil goes. Oil is a global market, so any increase should bring down the price of oil, right? That aside, the main purpose of the XL pipeline would be to sent Canadian oil to the Gulf for export.

But the real issue with the XL pipeline isn't the price of oil so much as the price of gasoline. The pipeline only moves oil, and the TransCanada doesn't own refineries, nor does it produce oil. It is a shipping company, as far as oil is concerned. Current oil pipeline between Canada and the US is already approximately twice that of demand. Adding a new pipeline will not decrease the cost of transportation, it will increase it, because a new pipeline will incur increased construction and operational costs that will be passed along to the consumer (in this case, the companies who own the oil that is being transported). Those costs will subsequently be passed along down the chain and contribute to increased gasoline prices at the pump.

The cost to ship oil has been increasing in recent years, ever since Canada's shale oil bubble burst. The economic downturn lead to a decrease in oil production, but only after a whole series of new pipelines were constructed in hopes of of high oil demand. Consumers of shipping services for oil pay tolls that are assessed by the gallon. So, with all this construction needing to be paid for, and with maintanence costs on the pipelines that don't really decrease any just because there's less oil going through them, those companies owning the pipelines have been forced to charge higher tolls per gallon to the companies who own the oil. And naturally, those expenses are passed along to the consumer at the gas pump.

You might as well go ram threaded rods through your eyes, H. They wouldn't get it if you broke it to them kindergarten style.

I've rammed threaded rods, allright. Busted ribs, too. Waded in crude, had flow lines blow up in my face, humped it in the dark in driving rains. 100 degree heat, sub-freezing temps.

For what? A fucking barrel a day?

There are over 400,000 marginal oil wells in this country. Averaging 1 to 2 barrels per day.

And who owns them? BP? Exxon? Hell no. Mom-and-pop Independents.

And THESE are the people Obama is after. Over $40 billion in taxes he wants. It will kill us.

For what- to finance His green fairy tail initiatives.

And you motherfuckers want four more years of his bullshit?

Where is the disdain for the American farmer? They're the ones getting $8 for corn and $14 for beans and your grocery bills are sky high- yet you could give a shit. Farmers pollute groundwater, they rape the land, they are killing the Mississippi and the Gulf of Mexico. Ethanol plants pump Co2 into the air like there's no tomorrow. 40% of our corn goes into motor fuels, 20% of ethanol is exported.... blah blah blah.

Yet you lick the bungholes of the American farmer like it is manna from heaven.

THIS is why I'm a Republican and THIS is why I absolutely HATE Democrats.

No perspective, no priorities, no direction. No vision based on reality or practicality.

And what really pisses me off is that most of you Liberals have NO idea of what poverty, homelessness, mental illness, drug addiction, domestic violence, or child abuse is about first-hand.

I do. Been there and fucking done all that. And through it all I have remained and still am a Republican. Don't preach your bullshit to me.

I've rammed threaded rods, allright. Busted ribs, too. Waded in crude, had flow lines blow up in my face, humped it in the dark in driving rains. 100 degree heat, sub-freezing temps.

There are over 400,000 marginal oil wells in this country. Averaging 1 to 2 barrels per day.

And THESE are the people Obama is after. Over $40 billion in taxes he wants. It will kill us.

Where is the disdain for the American farmer? They're the ones getting $8 for corn and $14 for beans and your grocery bills are sky high- yet you could give a shit. Farmers pollute groundwater, they rape the land, they are killing the Mississippi and the Gulf of Mexico. Ethanol plants pump Co2 into the air like there's no tomorrow. 40% of our corn goes into motor fuels, 20% of ethanol is exported.... blah blah blah.

No perspective, no priorities, no direction. No vision based on reality or practicality.

And what really pisses me off is that most of you Liberals have NO idea of what poverty, homelessness, mental illness, drug addiction, domestic violence, or child abuse is about first-hand.

I do. Been there and fucking done all that. And through it all I have remained and still am a Republican. Don't preach your bullshit to me.

Hey, Im with you, H. I've been on rigs with blow-outs, oil raining down on the rig floor, tcom logging tools stuck in the vertical....

COST OF FOSSIL FUEL
Romney want to increase fossil fuel production. Build the XL Pipeline. That is oil and coal which is detrimental to the environment. Including nuclear energy. We need to develop green energy like wind. And sun.

Romney is dead wrong in his plan to increase fossil fuel, oil and coal, for future energy. Like he is dead wrong majority of other issues facing the nation. Now and in the future. This show how out of touch he is with reality.

The reality is that there is only one way to farm, and get food to markets and that is with fossil fuels... Tractors, Combines, Trains, Trucks, Reefer trailer motors (the things that keep food cold also run on Diesel) are all instrumental in keeping people from starving... Even you wacko Liberal nitwits. You want to starve yourselves to save a fucking Caribou, keep me out of it. The more you assault fossil fuels the more you drive up food prices and starve people to death in third world countries who can no longer afford our exports. You have every right to attack things your twisted ideology disagrees with, but have a fucking replacement before you go off half cocked revealing to the rest of us how stupid you really are.

You people realize every presidential candidate for the last 50 years promised energy independence and none have done shit about it right? Why have a pointless argument.

You people realize every presidential candidate for the last 50 years promised energy independence and none have done shit about it right? Why have a pointless argument.

Of course candidates haven't done shit about it... They have to get elected first. The argument is hardly pointless when a large percentage of Americans support dismantling our Energy Industry before coming up with a viable alternative simply to satisfy a twisted ideology. Yes... It's pretty difficult to ship the goods that we depend on (like food) without using fossil fuels. and no... There is no such thing as an electric Semi truck.

Quit playing semantics. You know exactly what I meant. No one has done anything in office or otherwise.

Hey, Im with you, H. I've been on rigs with blow-outs, oil raining down on the rig floor, tcom logging tools stuck in the vertical....

I could have posted that without the expletives, but what the heck the drunker I am the dirtier the lingo. :D
Nothing personal folks. It just is what it is.

I could have posted that without the expletives, but what the heck the drunker I am the dirtier the lingo. :D
Nothing personal folks. It just is what it is.

Don't worry about it. It's apparent you know your stuff and reach a frustration level trying to educate those that can be educated. Good job trying!!

Forum List

Back