Cosby talks straight

Originally posted by Kathianne
Big D there is no point to your post that is relevant.
Boy, I'm glad your not teaching my kids. No wonder why these "black" kids are doing so poorly.

Racist teachers, ignoring facts.

Originally posted by Big D
Boy, I'm glad your not teaching my kids. No wonder why these "black" kids are doing so poorly.

Racist teachers, ignoring facts.

Are you saying that because statistics show that black males get in more trouble that teachers are racist?

Answer me this, is this a reasonable conclusion:

That the black males actually committed more acts of disobedience that warranted the punishment. It is fair to assume that all are told the rules, and all have an equal opportunity to obey them. That is a civilized society.

If you say that, well no, they get in trouble because the teachers get them in trouble because they are black, then where is your proof of this. Just because a law has a discriminatory impact, the law will be held constitutional unless there is shown an "intent" from the face of the law or the purpose behind the law. Therefore, unless you have proof that there is discriminatory intent, just because the rules have a greater impace on black males, simply means that they do not follow the rules.

So you are telling me that there were no kids you knew who got into more trouble in school because they were trouble makers? You have known no friends in your life that have broken the law because they chose to break the law?

all people are not the same, we all MAKE DIFFERENT choices (careers, lifestyles, hobbies, clothes...)

Please answer me, was that a reasonable answer, that in fact the black males actually committed more disobediant acts?

Yurt,
How do you explain that by far the majority of youths causing trouble in the U.S are black?

It has to be racism.

Yurt,
How do you explain that by far the majority of youths causing trouble in the U.S are black?

It has to be racism.

I think you hit it right on, "causing trouble." I can not explain why someone causes trouble, regardless of their skin color. I simply believe that to rely on statistics to avoid accountability is cheating yourself out making yourself a better person.

Do you agree we can make choices.

Also, I guess you also believe that my first proposal above is unreasonable?

I think I found out why blacks cause so much trouble:

Blacks also have from 3 to 19% more of the sex hormone testosterone than whites or Orientals. This translates into more explosive energy, which gives Blacks the edge in sports like boxing, basketball, football, and sprinting.

The hormones that give Blacks the edge in sports also make them more masculine in general. They are physically more active in school, and this can get them into trouble and even lead to their being diagnosed as hyperactive.

http://www.lrainc.com/swtaboo/stalkers/jpr_insight.html

I think I found out why blacks cause so much trouble:

Blacks also have from 3 to 19% more of the sex hormone testosterone than whites or Orientals. This translates into more explosive energy, which gives Blacks the edge in sports like boxing, basketball, football, and sprinting.

The hormones that give Blacks the edge in sports also make them more masculine in general. They are physically more active in school, and this can get them into trouble and even lead to their being diagnosed as hyperactive.

http://www.lrainc.com/swtaboo/stalkers/jpr_insight.html

Interesting, I read a similar article years ago about a gene that allows black people to jump higher. Had to do with something in their calf reflexes, though most sub-saharan's did not have it, save for that one tribe (name? but they made a movie of it) that can jump very high while standing still. I believe it is actually their trademark characteristic along with being tall.

However, though I agree that hyper-active kids get into trouble more. So then does that justify the behavior? A 3-19% increase seems too wide a spectrum. Also, there are many hyper-active children that are not black. But interesting read.

Before I heard the clips from Cosby, I never really liked him. I felt he had too much of an ego...I guess now I can put that aside because he stated what MANY of us non-blacks have wanted or even tried to say, but end up getting called racist, kraker, whitey, etc.

I have more respect for cosby than I have ever had.

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
Before I heard the clips from Cosby, I never really liked him. I felt he had too much of an ego...I guess now I can put that aside because he stated what MANY of us non-blacks have wanted or even tried to say, but end up getting called racist, kraker, whitey, etc.

I have more respect for cosby than I have ever had.

I hear you Fuzzykitten. I always did respect him, even on his tv shows he'd poke fun at eubonics and such. Making sure the point was made that is not how to get ahead in society.

I may have a leg up here, he has written alot geared to schools, never publicizing it. He cares deeply about the young, not just black young either.

Originally posted by Kathianne
I hear you Fuzzykitten. I always did respect him, even on his tv shows he'd poke fun at eubonics and such. Making sure the point was made that is not how to get ahead in society.

I may have a leg up here, he has written alot geared to schools, never publicizing it. He cares deeply about the young, not just black young either.

I met Bill Cosby back stage at the Las Vegas Convention Center in 1982. There was a national military recognition deal going on, and my photographer buddy had back stage passes to cover it for Stars and Stripes magazine. He got me back stage and I got to shake hands with and meet Bill Cosby, big cigar and all. I got a very good impression from Mr Cosby when I shock his hand, as I've always been sort of empathic. He was well groomed, well dressed, and very well spoken. I liked him then, I like him now. I just hope the people he's trying to help have the sense to listen to him. He's telling it like it is.

Forum List

Back