Cosby forced to testify

we always knew the left didn't care about black people like they crow they do.

but we've seen this same thing from them with women. take Mrs. Palin for an example.

How they think this is showing them in a good light to the black people in this country, to beat up some 70 year old man with crap that happened 30 years ago.
well it beats me. talk about modern day LYNCHING

but we've seen this same thing from them with women. take Mrs. Palin for an example.

How they think this is showing them in a good light to the black people in this country, to beat up some 70 year old man with crap that happened 30 years ago.

Staph, get off the political kick on everything, will you? No one cares what color he is. He needs to answer some serious questions, and I don't think he can. He used his fame, wealth, and power to rape women for years. Time to pay up Bill...

Thought the statute of limitations had kicked in for allegations this old?

Here's what I've never understood about this Cosby stuff, assuming the women are telling the truth. The guy was a mega star for decades while it was supposedly going on. And guys in such a position have zero problems getting laid, at all.

My frame of referece for such a statement comes from someone who's lived it. He's been one of my best friends for years, and is a retired professional athlete who's a member of his sport's HOF. While still single in his early playing days I once asked him if the stories about women chasing superstars was true, overblown, or what? Etched in my mind is the smile that crossed his face and his exact words, "It's like they come out of the woodwork."

So why in the hell would a guy like Cosby, more well known IMO than my friend, have to resort to slipping women drugs to have sex with them? Plus, how good can sex be with someone who's either unconscious or barely aware of what's going on? I just don't get it.

Cosby to testify in sex assault case

Not in court yet, but it will end up there. What will the serial rapist say?
Probably nothing to get criminal charges filed against him.

Still trying to defend the Coz. He TV shows are all gone. His honorary degrees have all been taken back. He has become a pariah in the community and you still want to defend him?

This is just a deposition. He will soon be forced to answer questions before a judge.

Thought the statute of limitations had kicked in for allegations this old?

Here's what I've never understood about this Cosby stuff, assuming the women are telling the truth. The guy was a mega star for decades while it was supposedly going on. And guys in such a position have zero problems getting laid, at all.

My frame of referece for such a statement comes from someone who's lived it. He's been one of my best friends for years, and is a retired professional athlete who's a member of his sport's HOF. While still single in his early playing days I once asked him if the stories about women chasing superstars was true, overblown, or what? Etched in my mind is the smile that crossed his face and his exact words, "It's like they come out of the woodwork."

So why in the hell would a guy like Cosby, more well known IMO than my friend, have to resort to slipping women drugs to have sex with them? Plus, how good can sex be with someone who's either unconscious or barely aware of what's going on? I just don't get it.

This women was fifteen years old at the time of the incident. That makes a difference.

Still trying to defend the Coz. He TV shows are all gone. His honorary degrees have all been taken back. He has become a pariah in the community and you still want to defend him?

This is just a deposition. He will soon be forced to answer questions before a judge.
Are you asking me or are you telling me that you are defending Cosby? I have never defended him so I am unclear about your question?

"LEAVE THE OLD MAN ALONE! HE RAPED PEOPLE A LONG TIME AGO!"

Really?

Are you asking me or are you telling me that you are defending the Coz? I have never defended him so I am unclear about your question?

I took your statement to mean the Coz will never go to court. This is only a deposition, not a hearing. Once this information is compiled, then a judge will look at the resulting script and decide the next move. That is yet to be seen.

Whatever he says here will need to viewed knowing he gave some damning testimony early in a law suit. His lawyers will be forced to object often, I would think.

Are you asking me or are you telling me that you are defending Cosby? I have never defended him so I am unclear about your question?

Oh, and I have never defended this man, especially after all these women came forward. Sorry if I misunderstood your position.

Are you asking me or are you telling me that you are defending the Coz? I have never defended him so I am unclear about your question?

I took your statement to mean the Coz will never go to court. This is only a deposition, not a hearing. Once this information is compiled, then a judge will look at the resulting script and decide the next move. That is yet to be seen.

Whatever he says here will need to viewed knowing he gave some damning testimony early in a law suit. His lawyers will be forced to object often, I would think.
I dont think he is going court. I think he has enough money to where it wont even get to that stage.

Oh, and I have never defended this man, especially after all these women came forward. Sorry if I misunderstood your position.
No worries. Once Beverley Johnson came forward I was positive he was guilty.

I dont think he is going court. I think he has enough money to where it wont even get to that stage.

Well, that could very well be. I do hope he goes to court. He will have to answer some very uncomfortable questions then.

I know it is hard for people to understand how these events happened so many years ago and nothing happened. It is hard for me to understand also. But when you consider that these women were knocked out and awoke not knowing exactly what happened and that the man who did it was hugely popular at the time, it is easier to see how it happened.

It is a terribly sad story, when one of my greatest comedic heroes of all time now looks like one of the greatest sexual predators of all time.

Well, that could very well be. I do hope he goes to court. He will have to answer some very uncomfortable questions then.

I know it is hard for people to understand how these events happened so many years ago and nothing happened. It is hard for me to understand also. But when you consider that these women were knocked out and awoke not knowing exactly what happened and that the man who did it was hugely popular at the time, it is easier to see how it happened.

It is a terribly sad story, when one of my greatest comedic heroes of all time now looks like one of the greatest sexual predators of all time.
I have spoken with women that have been raped and never reported it. What I got was the impression that shame keeps them from coming forward. These women were raped by ordinary everyday guys. Imagine having to deal with your name being drug through the mud trying to deal with someone famous like Cosby? I learned long ago to never worship the person. Instead I admire the deed. People have good and bad in them.

I have spoken with women that have been raped and never reported it. What I got was the impression that shame keeps them from coming forward. These women were raped by ordinary everyday guys. Imagine having to deal with your name being drug through the mud trying to deal with someone famous like Cosby? I learned long ago to never worship the person. Instead I admire the deed. People have good and bad in them.

Well put! Regardless of what happens with the deposition or whether this goes to court, his name and reputation will never recover. It is just sad that these women may not see justice for the violations that they suffered. It is yet to be seen.

One of the reasons I thought you were defending him was I was verbally attacked by multiple posters at USMB a few months ago by asserting he was guilty. But since the contents of a previously secret deposition were revealed, I have not heard a word from the attackers.

Fuck it. These allegations are decades old. Out of 30 plus bitches not one had the balls to go to the police? Bullshit. There is a reason we have statutes of limitation: evidence goes stale and people's memories fade and distort with time. This ongoing assault on Cosby is an insult to our notions and standards of justice, and this statement stands even if Cosby did rape those bitches. You cannot have special rules for particular cases. The law must apply equally.

Fuck it. These allegations are decades old. Out of 30 plus bitches not one had the balls to go to the police? Bullshit. There is a reason we have statutes of limitation: evidence goes stale and people's memories fade and distort with time. This ongoing assault on Cosby is an insult to our notions and standards of justice, and this statement stands even if Cosby did rape those bitches. You cannot have special rules for particular cases. The law must apply equally.

I wouldn't expect more from someone with your board name. "It is only women anyway! WHO CARES?

Your dogmatic deniers attitude belongs in the 18th century. Let's wait and see what happens after the deposition. Until then, go out and guy some Cosby DVDs, if you can find them. No one else is.....

Forum List

Back