Corwin Fip-Flops On Ryan Plan

I can't wait to hear the RW, echo chamber spin.

btw, Chrysler paid off loans six years early, and, the unemployment in Michigan is down from 14% to 10%. Spin that R's.

It will go something like this:

National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Pete Sessions (R-TX) released the following statement regarding the special election in New York’s 26th Congressional District:

"Republican Jane Corwin ran a hard-fought campaign against two well-funded Democrats, including one masquerading under the Tea Party name. Obviously, each side would rather win a special election than lose, but to predict the future based on the results of this unusual race is naive and risky. History shows one important fact: the results of competitive special elections from Hawaii to New York are poor indicators of broader trends or future general election outcomes. If special elections were an early warning system, they sure failed to alert the Democrats of the political tsunami that flooded their ranks in 2010."

Ha, I misread you.

I have to say, it'd be odd to take the tack that the third party candidate split the Democratic vote--that'd be a pretty bizarre defense.

Last edited:

It will go something like this:

National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Pete Sessions (R-TX) released the following statement regarding the special election in New York’s 26th Congressional District:

"Republican Jane Corwin ran a hard-fought campaign against two well-funded Democrats, including one masquerading under the Tea Party name. Obviously, each side would rather win a special election than lose, but to predict the future based on the results of this unusual race is naive and risky. History shows one important fact: the results of competitive special elections from Hawaii to New York are poor indicators of broader trends or future general election outcomes. If special elections were an early warning system, they sure failed to alert the Democrats of the political tsunami that flooded their ranks in 2010."

So Sessions is essentially claiming that 2 DEMOCRATS split the Democrat vote, and still one of them won?

oops. Talking point conflict!! alert! alert!

Not really. They are NEW YORK election results. New York Republicans are Democrats almost anywhere else in the country.

In which case means they are essentially moderates, who make up the majority of the voting public. This is actually a representative sampling of the nation as a whole. Remember, this isn’t a republican primary, this was an open election for a seat in the US Congress.

Not really. They are NEW YORK election results. New York Republicans are Democrats almost anywhere else in the country.

In which case means they are essentially moderates, who make up the majority of the voting public. This is actually a representative sampling of the nation as a whole. Remember, this isn’t a republican primary, this was an open election for a seat in the US Congress.

:lol: Whatever you say.....:lol: Enjoy your victory. I know I sure enjoyed Nov 2010. :beer:

I think this shows that it is easy to be in opposition but your neck is on the line once you are in power, especially when the economy is bad.

We need to have an adult conversation on the deficit. Ryan started that conversation. It appears that the American public isn't ready yet.

:lol: Whatever you say.....:lol: Enjoy your victory. I know I sure enjoyed Nov 2010. :beer:

It's a bad defeat for the Republicans anyway one spins it. There is nothing good at all for the GOP about it.

OH NO!!! Republicans are DOOMED!!

No they aren’t ‘doomed,’ but they need to see this as a wakeup call to re-evaluate their national strategy. This isn’t some opinion poll, these are actual election results.

But the point that this race was basically decided on the Medicare issue is a huge player here. That issue is going to play out in a similar fashion across the country. The republicans need to play their cards right in order for this to not become a large problem for them. This is the entire reason conservatives try and stay away from adding new entitlements. Once an entitlement has been created it NEVER goes away. Not that I want Medicare to go away but just look at the reaction when someone even talks of changing it.

I think this shows that it is easy to be in opposition but your neck is on the line once you are in power, especially when the economy is bad.

We need to have an adult conversation on the deficit. Ryan started that conversation. It appears that the American public isn't ready yet.

That about sums it up. Courage is in short supply in DC, but the job still needs to be done. Medicare is broken. Social Security is broken. And the country is BROKE.

Not really broke.

Forget about Libya: Let's invade the Caymans! | MyFDL

According to journalist Nicholas Shaxson, author of “Treasure Islands: Uncovering the Damage of Offshore Banking and Tax Havens,” there are anywhere between ten and 20 trillion U.S. dollars sitting offshore at the moment. “Half of world trade is processed in one way or another through tax havens. It’s all around us, and it’s absolutely huge.”

Last edited:

That about sums it up. Courage is in short supply in DC, but the job still needs to be done. Medicare is broken. Social Security is broken. And the country is BROKE.

But the question remains just what are Americans willing to do to solve it? As you can see Medicare is DEFINITELY off the table and the same goes for Social Security.

So what do Americans want?

Poll: Best way to fight deficits: Raise taxes on the rich | McClatchy

Alarmed by rising national debt and increasingly downbeat about their country's course, Americans are clear about how they want to attack the government's runway budget deficits: raise taxes on the wealthy and keep hands off of Medicare and Medicaid.

Forum List

Back