Corrupt & Dangerous Burbank PD: Fire All or Retrain...

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
The Feds had to be brought in...

Federal investigations reveal a police department in turmoil - latimes.com

Neil Thomas Gunn Sr. wheeled his pickup truck to the curb in a quiet hillside neighborhood in Burbank, about a mile from the police department where he'd worked for 22 years.

He got out toting a 12-gauge shotgun, walked to a grassy area and turned the weapon on himself.

Knowing that officers from his department would be dispatched to the scene, Gunn had left two notes in the truck.

One asked that the vehicle not be impounded, but instead released to his family.

The other said "this is absolutely work related."

Gunn's suicide in October was the most visible sign of the troubles that over the last year have beset the once sleepy Burbank Police Department. Officers have accused colleagues of taking part in bloody beatings stealing an internal affairs file, and of acting out of deeply entrenched racial bias.

The fact that most of the allegations have come from within the 166-officer force has been a severe blow to the small department. The Burbank force has been so bitterly divided by the accusations that newly appointed interim Chief Scott LaChasse, who earlier this year replaced Chief Tim Stehr, asked psychologists to help him sort through the morass and come up with a corrective plan.

The City Council has set aside more than $1 million to pay for policing experts to assess the department.
..is this what tax payers are paying for?

When government goes bad like this, where are all the conservative anti-government big mouths?

Some would say 'fire them all and start over again' and I'd say, why not?

That's a disturbing report. I know very little about Burbank having only been through there a few times.

The sad part is,,,what am I saying, .... I feel for the officer who took his own life. He was doing a job that needed more oversight. A cop cannot abuse the system he swears to uphold. When he does the conflict inside is always just below the surface waiting to confront the outer shell that goes along with the code, the blue wall.

Cops are not supposed to be paramilitary or abusers.

sad all around. but what to do?

:doubt:

Forum List

Back