CORRECTION:John Gibson Did Not Compare Eric Holder To Monkey With Bright Blue Scrotum

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
This is, without a doubt, the best correction of the week. Okay, the month. Aw, hell, I'll say it: Best. Correction. Ever. From the Huffington Post.

Huffpo had posted what appeared to be a video of Fox News's John Gibson jokingly referring to Attorney General Eric Holder as a monkey with a "bright blue scrotum." That last bit is a reference to an unrelated news story about a Debrazza monkey that escaped from a zoo in Seattle.

Obviously, likening the first black attorney general to a monkey would be a provocative move at anytime, but it would be particularly inflammatory this week after the New York Post -- like Fox News, a unit of News Corp. -- incited outrage with a cartoon of a chimpanzee that some read as a racist slap at Barack Obama.

It didn't happen, though. Huffpo now says the video of Gibson was doctored. By whom is unknown. The phony video has been removed from YouTube.

Huffpo Red in the Face Over Fox News Hoax - Media Blog - Jeff Bercovici - Mixed Media - Portfolio.com

A reporter for an NBC affiliate in Baltimore who inserted a racist remark into a video clip of FOX News' John Gibson and posted it on YouTube is no longer employed by the station, FOXNews.com has learned.

The offensive video clip was doctored so that the viewer heard Gibson using the words "bright blue scrotum" in reference to Attorney General Eric Holder, rather than to a defining characteristic of a monkey on the loose in Seattle.

The video circulated rapidly on blogs and news Web sites Thursday and was not corrected for hours.

FOXNews.com - Baltimore Reporter Out of a Job After Posting Doctored Video Clip - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Hey........I kinda think that MOST of the people in Congress and the Senate are poo flinging monkeys.

And......the cartoon WAS NOT RACIST! Obama SIGNED the bill, the poo flinging monkeys in Congress AUTHORED IT.

Geez...........I kinda wish that people would use their heads for something other than growing hair.

Just goes to prove the left will not stop at nothing to demonize the other side. Why isn't that considered HATE SPEECH inciting a riot too LOL

It should be imho.

It's astounding how they do this over and over again but the average stupid joe/jane do not see it. They are too busy going out and getting high or something. Well 4 years of Obama they won't be able to afford it so maybe they will watch more TV and read/hear some of this hypocrisy.

Just think it's been how long? And the left is already out there doing shit like this. This tells me they know that Obama is full of crap and now they are scared.

The offensive video clip was doctored so that the viewer heard Gibson using the words "bright blue scrotum" in reference to Attorney General Eric Holder, rather than to a defining characteristic of a monkey on the loose in Seattle.

The video circulated rapidly on blogs and news Web sites Thursday and was not corrected for hours.

NBC didn't correct it for hours... :cuckoo:

More here

...where Huffington Post picked it up and presented as authentic.

Hey........I kinda think that MOST of the people in Congress and the Senate are poo flinging monkeys.

And......the cartoon WAS NOT RACIST! Obama SIGNED the bill, the poo flinging monkeys in Congress AUTHORED IT.

Geez...........I kinda wish that people would use their heads for something other than growing hair.
um, different story
LOL
but i kinda agree with your take on THAT story too

btw, the House and the Senate make up Congress, so when you say "Congress" it covers both bodies

Last edited:

Well, I do. I use it for something to shave ...:lol:

I just did a Google image search for 'Bright Blue Scrotum' and this picture came up:

$huffington.jpg

Forum List

Back