correct me if im wrong

You are wrong. Very wrong. Like, so blatantly and simply wrong that this reeks of a troll thread. :thup:

You are wrong. Very wrong. Like, so blatantly and simply wrong that this reeks of a troll thread. :thup:

ok maybe i was being a little too broad, i meant an objective right and wrong.

Wrong again. Some atheists do not believe in absolute right and wrong, but that does not mean that all of them believe that.

thats an interesting take, which objective standard is their right and wrong base on?

Correct me if I'm wrong: Based on your premise, without Religion the Religious would not know or believe in right from wrong, right or wrong? (hit a bong while she's sucking your schlong while on the john)

Correct me if I'm wrong: Based on your premise, without Religion the Religious would not know or believe in right from wrong, right or wrong? (hit a bong while she's sucking your schlong while on the john)

not necessarly true, it would depend on what religion your referring. but for arguments sake, lets just say your a judeo christian, you would believe that "God" in this context, is an all knowing eternal being. so yea, based on that scenario thats where right and wrong would come from.

ok maybe i was being a little too broad, i meant an objective right and wrong.

Dear MH there are many levels of atheism, just as there are different denominations of Christianity or feminism or even political views.

Some atheists claim to be open that all views are subjective.
Others can be fundamentalist about scientific proof, and use that as the basis of objective proof (just as some Christian fundamentalists use the Bible as the literal guide, or fundamental Constitutionalists go strictly by the original text and contest later revisions)

I have two atheist friends who are leaders in the local peace and justice community, and both have committed consciences but forgiving compassion about what is right and wrong in terms of humanity; but they don't believe in imposing their views based on God or religion. They just try to teach, by example and education, and they try not to judge.

I believe the same struggle exists with religious or secular views; to reconcile what we believe or know with what other people are doing and saying, and trying to establish agreement by love of "truth" and "justice" which God and Jesus represent in secular terms. The spirit of the meaning is universal but the expression of the divine or the natural laws is diverse, so that is why we struggle so much to overcome division between approaches that ideally reconcile in harmony where conflicts can be resolved.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back