Corporatism

I don't think the corporations are subordinate to the state in this country. Our federal gov't is corrupt enough, but not nearly smart enough IMHO. Rather, we have too much money coming into politics that influence our governance, dunno what the term is for that but whatever it is, we got it. And it ain't just the corps either, it's the unions, the environmentalists, lawyers, religious factions, what have you.

But the real problem is not them - it's us. Representative gov't requires supervision by the represented, aided by honest reportage by the media. Which we ain't doing. If we don't hold their feet to the fire, we endup with the gov't we deserve.

They're plenty smart. The unemployment numbers for incumbent politiicans and lobbyists aren't high enough. The only way we can "hold their feet to the fire" is to control the money by instituting public financing of elections.

Absolutely right. Politicians should be working for MY vote, not special interest money.

I agree, get it smaller, take government money out of unions, business, and churches. i'm all for it. Without those taking the cash or loopholes, we'd save a bundle and get rid of the income tax. Oh and then the government couldnt control them and it could work on governing people....what a concept.

I want to re-emphasize that it's not "who's corrupting who" that defines corporatism - it's the way power is organized. Corporatism essentially gives up on the rule of law and equal rights for all, instead focusing on divvying up power between all the vested interest groups. It's a system of special privilege and identity politics that is expressed most obviously in our byzantine tax code, and in our government's preference for rule by ad hoc regulatory fiefdoms rather than straightforward legislation. Both of these approaches facilitate the wheeling and dealing at the heart of corporatist government.
Right. It doesn't matter which side the corruption started from the end result is still the same: tyranny over the many by collusion of industry and government for their power and wealth.

New Topics

Forum List

Back